Deleted

Demon Soul, the alternative

Like most of us warlocks are pretty sick of changing pets mid fight(demon) or destro locks whiining about demoun soul in arenas(they need to use their felhunter) so I came with the following theory:

There is a mechanic which would make us all happy and it wont make Bliiz sad as we wont need to sacrifice our own pets. How? Think on how holy priests work. They use Chakra. Basically they enable chakra(on our case demon soul ou rename it wte) and cast a spell. According to their spell cast, their chakra gains a buff , being increased raid or solo healing. This could work for us but for that to work, they would need to nerf the buffs demon soul gives to us, so that could be constant buffs, and undispelable. I was thinking:

Corruption(felhutner buff): increase periodic dmg by%;
    Hand of Guldan(Felguard) : Increases spell haste by % and shadow dmg done by %;
    Shadowbolt (Sucubus): Increases Sbolt dmg by %
    Chaos Bolt/SoulFire/Immolate: Increases Crit chance of destro spells by %;
    Some random tanking spell(Searing pain): All threat trasnfered for VW(some sort of MD? perhaps OP).

Nonetheless these buffs should be signifincatly nerfed in order to be permanent , just like chakra. all you have to do after is to slect demon soul again, cast the spell you want, and voila, dif effect.

Feedback would be aprreciated.

It's also been suggested that demon soul be spec based and not pet based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    It's also been suggested that demon soul be spec based and not pet based.
    I think its easier to implent if you do it this way to be honest. Besides, where would you fit sucubus and voidwalker buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgarth View Post
    I think its easier to implent if you do it this way to be honest. Besides, where would you fit sucubus and voidwalker buffs?
    It wouldn't matter because nobody uses those, but for the voidwalker at least some kind of threat buff regardless of your spec seems appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion demon soul should either be spec based or pets should be fixed so we no longer need to petswap the whole time.
    I really don't mind using the felhunter for singletarget dps but to be honest, I rather see my felguard doing it.
    A pretty big demon with a huge axe getting outdpsed by a stupid dog... It just doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    It wouldn't matter because nobody uses those, but for the voidwalker at least some kind of threat buff regardless of your spec seems appropriate.
    For soloing it would be awesome to have voidwalker be a better pet than Felguard or Felhunter; right now Demon Soul: Voidwalker is too unreliable imo except for quick single-target situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgarth View Post
    I've never seen someone using voidwalker since Cataclysm (Only an Affli Lock using the Imp...) and after reading the buff you get from him when using Demon Soul, I immediatly forgot that there was something like the "Voidwalker".
    But there could be a minor Glyph "Demon Soul: Succubus", giving you the effect of it when you are Affli/Demo.

Deleted
    so no more replies ? qq

Deleted
    Can't agree. The demon switch is optionnal, you can still perform without it. It's a minor gain if perfectly executed, it's not an UBER obligation. Especially if you are not very good, with a poor execution.

Complaining about it is a bit lame. I like so much this gameplay, and the result of those tears will be a GP nerf, and then I will cry like I did for my 3.1 Affliction.

Leave the switch alone !!
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2011-09-20 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they can make a glyph where when you cast demon soul it will allow you to instantly cast a demon of your choice, or they can just buff the felguard and people won't have to pet swap.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPyramid View Post
    I've never seen someone using voidwalker since Cataclysm (Only an Affli Lock using the Imp...)
    I use him, how else are you supposed to solo the weapons on kael as affi! (in time at least!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    I use him, how else are you supposed to solo the weapons on kael as affi! (in time at least!)
    Yeah same, I use my voidwalker to solo Patchwerk, he's a great tank!

I tend to use my blueberry too from time to time if I need to solo something that takes a while to kill. Having the threat buff on Demon Soul may not be useful in raids or dungeons, but I definitely still use it every now and then.

Deleted
    I would do Demon Soul like this (ofc, numbers could be tweaked a little):
    ## Fel Hunter: 20% increased damage over time for 20 seconds.
    ## Imp: 15% crit chance and 10% critical strike damage for 20 seconds.
    ## Succubus: 20% direct damage for 20 seconds.
    ## Voidwalker: All threat goes to the pet and reduces all dmg taken by the player by 10% for 20 sec.
    ## Felguard: 15% haste and 10% all damage for 20 seconds.

## Fel Hunter version would increase all damage over time, shadow & fire. This way it wouldn't be so useless for demo or destro (it would increase the dmg of immolate and conflagrate). Still affliction oriented.
    ## Imp: Since this is our only ranged pet, and in some fights it might prove the only useful pet (thinking of fights where the boss flies and melee pets arent in range), it needs to be appealing for all specs. Crit chance + crit damage is more interesting than current version imo.
    ## Succubus: 20% direct damage isnt the best, since for all specs a big part of the damage comes from dots. Still, it wouldn't be so sh1t as the current version, and a LoP glyphed succu might not be that bad if someone preffers the bitch.
    ## Voidwalker: added some damage reduction for increased utility.
    ## Felguard current version is appropiate, would remain unchanged, being still the best version out there.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2011-09-20 at 11:51 AM.