External USB sound-card - Fix my issues or not?

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...ducts_id=16857

Is what I bought.

Why I bought it? I've notice when my PC is running games, I get a buzzing/whining sound in my headset (even when the sound is muted, but its only coming in through the headset). Nothing I've done has fixed it. It seems to get louder the more intensive the game I am playing is. For example...in WoW - the buzzing/whining isn't that loud...but in Bad Company 2, it's extremely annoying.

Now, the sound isn't coming from the PC itself (it comes through into the headphones, which I've tested on another system and were fine, so its not the headset...not to mention every single headset ive tried on this PC does the same thing with it)

So I've come to the conclusion the on-board sound is picking up buzzing/whining sound from within the PC itself...and its coming through to whatever headphones Ive plugged into it.

Now I bought that USB plug-in external sound-card, which I'll be using to plug my headset and microphone into. Since it's external...I assume I don't have to worry about "PC parts" causing the buzzing/whining sound because the headset wont be plugged into the PC.????????? I guess I'll see when it arrives today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Thelms; 2011-09-15 at 02:40 AM.