10+ Year Old Account

Don't 'fix' my dps, critique my performance please.....

Hi Fellow locks,

I finally have a WOL link for you to look over and scrutinize. Please note this was a crappy night with a few core raiders missing.

edit: derp - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hsmhwl4fgpe3qpnu/

Also please totally disregard all Demo fights as i was just playing with it, un reforged etc.

If any one has a chance could you please sim me too. (i've tried.... believe me ive tried, many a grey hair from trying in fact)

Here's my armory... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arius/advanced

Desperately waiting for tier shoulders to drop, have the Aly pants rdy to go...

My up times on fights that matter (Domo, and Bale) are around 95%.

Is there anything major i'm missing???? TYVM

Deleted
    It is hard to criticize only your performance when you gem hybrid orange gems on red/prismatic sockets. Glyph of Shadow Bolt would be more useful imo. What do you mean with "fights that matters"? Do you mean patchwerk style? In this case Shannox fight matters and your uptime there wasn't good (except if you were doing the kiting).
    How would a simulation help you with performance? Simcraft is useful to compare gear, specc, glyphs, rotation, spells, etc. But to just sim your char for the sake of it will not bring any comparison with anything.
    Here is what I think that you need.

SimCraft is so easy to use though. Just download from http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/downloads/list

then you just go to the file that you extracted and click the SimulationCraft application. From there you just go to import tab and ta-da! Finally click Simulate!

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 orange gems in Red sockets are because without them im 36 haste below the 2593 plateau. So i lost 40 intel for 40 haste in order to reach 30% raid buffed haste.

fights that matter - bethtilac is hard to judge dps as half the time we're standing there doing nothing waiting for a drone or spinners.
    shannox, i kite, slow, and multi dot where i can.
    alys - my dps is almost redundant when compared to the tanks and the flyer, lots of target changing, down time etc.

I meant the "dps race" fights.

Siming would give me a Perfect play style number to 'strive' for.... if i sim 30k i'll aim to do 26 - 27k.

Thank you for linking the EJ thread, i'm WELL aware of it.... thanks?

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quela View Post
    SimCraft is so easy to use though. Just download from http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/downloads/list

then you just go to the file that you extracted and click the SimulationCraft application. From there you just go to import tab and ta-da! Finally click Simulate!
    LOL, see i've done than SO many times..... i will retry though.

You have pretty poor uptime on some of your dots >.<. As they stated above, take a look at your gemming, If you want to chat, feel free to click my armory and jump over to my server and ask some questions.
    Cyner#1996

You should regem your: Neck, Shoulders, Hands, Legs, and Belt. Also you didn't pre-pot on baelroc, also your shannox kill had some pretty low dot uptimes, and low activity time

You should also shadow flame a bit more, you only cast it 5 times on baelroc. and like 11 on domo

And unless you're letting your unstable affliction fall off, that extra tick is pretty trivial.
    Last edited by Tween; 2011-09-15 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Updates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tween View Post
    You should regem your: Neck, Shoulders, Hands, Legs, and Belt. Also you didn't pre-pot on baelroc, also your shannox kill had some pretty low dot uptimes, and low activity time

You should also shadow flame a bit more, you only cast it 5 times on baelroc. and like 11 on domo

And unless you're letting your unstable affliction fall off, that extra tick is pretty trivial.
    Thanks!!! I got simcraft finally working!!!!! hooray!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Thanks!!! I got simcraft finally working!!!!! hooray!!!!!
    Told ya it was easy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quela View Post
    Told ya it was easy!
    quite...

i simmed at 30k dps, with no bloodlust or focus magic, as i don't get it....

tried to change my gear with the char dev section, couldn't save, couldn't sign up. so couldn't see what improvements my future upgrades are.

much more experimenting incoming.....

edit: yeah, my uptimes are shit on everything except Baleroc and Domo, mainly because we put off heroic night and just flew through most bosses.