Thread: Double Healing.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Double Healing.

So I have a question for you guys, have you EVER seen a double heal go out?
    I've recently noticed that I sometimes heal for 100k+ and I am seriously wondering what buff it is, or what proc etc etc. Cause I can't seem to find out why... or how to recreate it.

Here's the screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/f/571/wowscrnshot081311031635.jpg/
    (Look at the 109k Divine light)

Any ideas?

Are you sure your treshold is not turned up too high on your MSBT? Cos that would be able to merge two casts. Hpalas have nothing that makes us randomly cast another heal. The only thing is Divine guardian, but I can see you have that on a 2 min cd, so it won't be that.

Dunno what does it, might be a bug in msbt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a bug ingame. Sometimes in Firelands I hit for double damage. Like, if I get a 50k Templars Verdict crit, I get TWO 50k crits.

So most likely you crit 54k on your heal, got the bug that counted it twice, and your combat text smacked it into one.

Yeah, Im SURE its not the MSBT threshold cause I remember NOT using it twice. Indeed, it only happened INSIDE of Firelands.

I kinda like when it bugs though, single handedly healing Beth'Tilac because your Holy shock crits 32k's is rather awesome.

Deleted
    Have had the bug loads of times on my paladin, not just in Firelands. So it might be a buggy proc or something, not sure...

(Just to clarify, it doesn't actually heal twice the amount, it's just a displaybug)

EDIT: I'm not using any addons and it still happens, so no, it's not MSBT (w/e that is)
    Last edited by mmoc30897d5265; 2011-09-15 at 10:49 AM.

our holy pally sees this sometimes as well, it's a bug that's been there since 4.2 shipped and is only a visual bug he says a /reload clears it up for him.

Seems like a visual bug indeed as the corresponding beacon heal is 27394 (or 25% of the 109k Divine Light instead of 50%).

It's not a visual bug. I thought so at first, till I healed our tank from 20% to 100% in 1 heal.

Deleted
    its a combatlog-bug, happens for dps too.
    as you can see on the screenshot, 109k (2hits, 2crits)
    2 heals, but only one beacon heal.
    its simply a bug in the combatlog where sometimes events get fired twice.

Deleted
    Hm, I never saw this on my paladin, as I got the outgoing heals disabled to reduce the screen clutter a bit.

There used to be a bug in BG's, which caused damaging spells to copy themselves, like the legendary staff proc. Was pretty fun while on my shadow priest, not sure if thats still in-game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    It's not a visual bug. I thought so at first, till I healed our tank from 20% to 100% in 1 heal.
    it is a bug as i have seen it many times, it will show you healed twice for the same amount but in reality you only healed once, the bug also trasmites into dbm/skada meters.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    it is a display bug. i have this on many different chars in many different situations. but usually while in a raid group ( Bg/pve), cant recall it happening when solo or party playing.
    youre not doing double damage or healing, it's just a visual.

Deleted
    I'm not so sure it's cosmetic only. I remember a distinct case where I noticed a "double heal" during a run back in Firelands, which showed up as two heals in the same second both on the "overhead" target floating combat text as well as in the combat log. Sadly though, I've formatted my HDs since then so I lost the screenshot.

Deleted
    Guardian of Ancient Kings
    5 minutes cooldown
    Instant cast
    Summons a Guardian of Ancient Kings to protect you for 30 sec.

While active, your next 5 heals will cause the Guardian to heal the same target for the amount healed by your heal, and friendly targets within 10 yards of the target for 10% of the amount healed.
    Well.... Please read what your skills do

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrum View Post
    Well.... Please read what your skills do
    If you would bother to actually look at the picture, you would see Guardian is halfway through it's cool down and therefore not active at the time of the picture.

To the OP, it's a visual bug. I repeatedly see double TV hits, double Evis hits on my Rogue, ect.

Yea i got the same problem as well(woundt relly consider it a problem) but i know what's happening it just went away from me probaly a bug.

Thats the thing though. I would've imagined it to be a bug. Though i'm pretty sure that I double healed at times.. since I brought people up to full health with single heals. I can't REALLY confirm this as I might just have imagined it due to seeing double heals going out.

The well known combat log bug duplicates everything if the bug occurs until you next leave combat. What puzzles me, is that not everything is being doubled in your screenshot.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It may be that combat log bug that dupes everything in the log (and by that affects damage meters, combat texts and online logs).

I've seen this on my pally as well. I havnr noticed it healing tho, I've noticed it when I mistakenly hammer of righteous when I'm single targeting and I KNOW there are no creatures ect. I'm quite sure it's just a msbt or log issue. Like othersnhave said look at your
    Bacon