Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic baleroic without spriest.

My guild is going to go for heroic baleroc next (we are 4/7 hc 10 man we have only baleroc and beth'tilac before ragnaros)
    we dont have any shadow priest and was wondering what other classes besides spriest can soak a whole crystal by themselves.

our roster:

Tanks:
    Feral tank / Prot pala / Prot warrior

Healers:
    resto shaman / holy.disc priest

DPS:

2x rogues
    Affli warlock
    Arcane mage
    MM Hunter
    Boomkin
    Frost dk

edit: sorry for the typo (Baleroic instead of Baleroc)

Boomking or Lock with TB trinket would be best for that makeup.

There's no reason to solo-soak a crystal on 10 man, since you only have to deal with one crystal at a time. Sub rogues, locks and moonkin can all do well soaking, but it's not really worthwhile to have them try and eat an entire crystal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlock can do it fine without TB trinket. I do it every week until 21 stacks and have my ' back up ' take the remaining 4.

If you really want someone to take the most stacks possible, have your dk start on the first one. At about 7 stacks, pop IBF. You should be able to hold til about 13 stacks, then blow AMS. You'll probably need to have someone step in for the end of the shard, but it will get your healers started off with a lot of stacks, especially if they time their heals well. Along the same lines, a feral cat (assuming your tank has a kitty off-spec) can take quite a bit with barskin+survival instincts, but again, probably not a full crystal unless your healers really have their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Warlock can do it fine without TB trinket. I do it every week until 21 stacks and have my ' back up ' take the remaining 4.
    How do youd do that, ie what specc, what healers, what cd when (don't know a whole lot about warlocks since I stoppped PvPing after BC )?

If your prot warrior feels confortable playing as dps (and off course, he meets the requirements), he can soak the first crystal by himself. Just requires a good management of defensive cooldowns.

Before we had a shadowpriest in our group, that was how we handled this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    How do youd do that, ie what specc, what healers, what cd when (don't know a whole lot about warlocks since I stoppped PvPing after BC )?
    Glyphed Soul Link gives 25% damage reduction. I usually soak until 21-22 stacks with our disci priest using Pain Suppression at 15. When I was destro in our first tries I could soak the whole 25 with Nether Protection, but the dps loss wasn't worth it.
    It's easier with a shadow priest though.

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    There's no reason to solo-soak a crystal on 10 man, since you only have to deal with one crystal at a time. Sub rogues, locks and moonkin can all do well soaking, but it's not really worthwhile to have them try and eat an entire crystal.

Dont listen to this guy -.- he obviously hasnt done 10 man.

1. You should 1 tank it.
    2. You can have a Druid or Warrior soak the full duration with your priest PSing and barriering him : )

Solo soaking a shard isn't necessary, but if you can pull it off, it pays off really nicely. I think a Druid with dPriest CD's can really help, also don't be shy to use the rShaman's Spirit Link Totem too.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Can a rogue not take 5 secs of the end of the crystal with cloak of Shadows? That is only 1 second less than a SP?

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Can a rogue not take 5 secs of the end of the crystal with cloak of Shadows? That is only 1 second less than a SP?
    i think it will move onto next closest person or you wont be able to get healer buff thing(which is bad)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuttles View Post
    Dont listen to this guy -.- he obviously hasnt done 10 man.

1. You should 1 tank it.
    2. You can have a Druid or Warrior soak the full duration with your priest PSing and barriering him : )
    I've never found 1 tanking it to be worthwhile. 2 tank 2 healers has always been a million times easier and less RNGy.

Just have your tanks share the Decimation blade. Tank 2 take the first hit, Tank 1 take the second, Tank 2 take the third. Bam, 10seconds to heal each tank up rather than 5. Ezpz.

The reason is the same as on 25man, you do it to get your Healers stacks up at the start of the fight.

Have a SPriest solo the first shard with hero up and your healers should have almost enough stacks to last the rest of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Cloak doesn't affect torment at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Cloak doesn't affect torment at all.
    So you still take the full effect with cloak?

Is there anything else a rogue can do to mitigate the damage?

Deleted
    not to my knowledge, cloak does not work, neither does feint. improved recup does tho (6% dmg reduction) but thats a pretty lame cd compared to other classes

It's not the number of crystals that spawn that makes having one player soak a crystal on their own a good idea...what are you talking about?

Deleted
    It's not the number of crystals that spawn that makes having one player soak a crystal on their own a good idea...what are you talking about?
    There's less movement involved. In 25man there's alot of potential to spread Tormented by having multiple people running around after each crystal and less chance a crystal soaker will get Countdown.

Soloing a Crystal makes things much simpler in 25man, but it's not really needed in 10, that's what he's saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    There's less movement involved. In 25man there's alot of potential to spread Tormented by having multiple people running around after each crystal and less chance a crystal soaker will get Countdown.

Soloing a Crystal makes things much simpler in 25man, but it's not really needed in 10, that's what he's saying.
    This was the most frustrating part of this encounter for me... people who had no idea why spriests and other capable classes are stacking to 25, really the whole nature of healign this fight is lost on most. It's not about making the shard rotation easier and torment, though it is a side benefit, it's really about buffing the healers.

The whole idea behind stacking to 25 is the healers can get massive spark stacks. Spamming 1 second heals from 10-15 tormented gets you 11 spark stacks. Spamming 1 second heals from 15-25 tormented gets you 37 spark stacks. There is a dramatic difference when you go 15+, you can literally get 3-4 rounds of "normal" shard spark stacks in one round.

Whatever healer is allowed to build on the 25 torment soakers can carry the fight. This is why it is crucial.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2011-09-16 at 12:33 AM.

Why I hate Baleroc is cause every group has their own way of doing it and anytime we're working on him (My main farms 7/7 and my alt wipes on Baleroc) there's a hundred people with a hundred different suggestions and strategies.

And it all becomes stupid very quickly.