Deleted

Some questions about this laptop. Couldnt find em by googleing.

Why does it have 2 integrated microphones? On both sides of the webcam. Isnt 1 enough?
    Why does it have 3 or 4 WLAN antennas. Isnt 1 enough?
    What does the ambient light sensor under the screen actually do?

Thanks.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Helps if you tell us the model of the laptop....

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some questions about this laptop.
    Yet you don't post what laptop it is....
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Yet you don't post what laptop it is....
    Does it matter?

Its in my sig... And Hp EliteBook 8540w. But it wont help if you see the specs. They dont say why they are what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    1- 2 integrated mics usually help for either stereo recording or some sort of improved audio pickup
    2- More antennas probably means better wireless connectivity, hard to know for sure.
    3- Ambient light sensor probably ties into some sort of auto dimming in certain light conditions to improve battery. Similar to most new phones.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Does it matter?

Its in my sig... And Hp EliteBook 8540w. But it wont help if you see the specs. They dont say why they are what they are.
    Yeah actually it does. We don't know your level of expertise, so we don't know whether you're confused about the specs that are advertised or not.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Yeah actually it does. We don't know your level of expertise, so we don't know whether you're confused about the specs that are advertised or not.
    Well would it really matter if it was a Dell laptop with 2 mics or a HP laptop with 2 mics? :/
    And im not confused about the PC specs themselves. Ive already got the laptop anyway. Its free from AV school. And as i said, the specs are in my sig. :-)

Dont think my level of expertise matters here either :S
    But i can say that: Its a socket 1156 based dual core i7 with HT. so 2 physical + 2 logical. Its 2.8ghz at stock but its normally under 2ghz.. (goes from 1.4 to 1.8) during normal internet usage, facebook, forums. When i open up a heavy program or a game it will OC to 3.4ghz cause of turbo boost.

The RAM is 2x 4gb but they put a 32 bit OS on here for some reason. So im stuck with 3GB of RAM.

The GPU is a Quadro FX 1800m. Which isnt so good since its quadro and its designed for... design and CUDA shit... It has DX10.1 so you CAN play though.
    It has 1GB of GDDR5 memory, and its geforce equivalent is a GT 335M.

the screen seems to be a 15" LED and runs full HD 1080p. Which looks quite small on such a small monitor :/
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2011-09-15 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Dont think my level of expertise matters here either :S
    If you saw the garbage I had to post yesterday about a psu you would understand.

Deleted
    Well okay. But anyway. My expertise is okay. And i know about my specs as you saw. Im just wondering whats the logic behind these 3 periphals and "gadgets"..