Deleted

Question Baleroc Heroic Questions

So, just had a night trying Baleroc heroic for the first time. Attempts were rather dire and the raid group seemed to be very distracted, regardless I was trooping on healing. We're doing the shadow priest tactic, ending up with ~ 100 stacks at the end of the shard, how long should this last me through the fight?

Thanks in advance for any help, here's some logs if it helps
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jgsnjx08fps2p110/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know if im reading those wrong, or not but if your SP...Fury Warrior ... Enhance Shammy & Boomkin are all 20kish and under get better dps especially for Bale, and your healing seems a tad low too, if you want to make the boss easier especially for your first kill i recommend replacing the resto druid for a Disc P, Also Rets don't belong in 10s lol, but cheerin for him for being 2nd hahha kinda sad for the rest of your dps considering well... ret dps is the lowest at the moment, apart from frost mages and those specs.

Also, your mage is fire... wrong... he should only ever be fire for alys if hes flying up top otherwise arcane the other 6/7 maybe fire on Heroic Rag if you need more aoe on molten elementals though, also your lock is the wrong spec as well he should be demo, our lock reps out like ... 30k + as demo on his bads days so yeah just a few tips for you, not bashing you or anything just trying to help you later on etc.

Are you trolling or did you not read the log at all. For the Baleroc attempts, which is what this thread is all about, there is no ret pally and their mage is in fact arcane.

As far as your attempts go though it looks like you are wiping with short attempts to people dying to shards but its kinda hard to see what you need to work on with your longest attempt being 1:41. My guild always lusts right before the first crystal spawns and our holy pally spams the hell out of the priest to get 100+ stacks. With 100+ stacks he lasts healing the entire fight just fine accept for maybe some late decimation blades, where the other healer helps a bit. As long as your dps is on par you should be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recid View Post
    Are you trolling or did you not read the log at all. For the Baleroc attempts, which is what this thread is all about, there is no ret pally and their mage is in fact arcane.

As far as your attempts go though it looks like you are wiping with short attempts to people dying to shards but its kinda hard to see what you need to work on with your longest attempt being 1:41. My guild always lusts right before the first crystal spawns and our holy pally spams the hell out of the priest to get 100+ stacks. With 100+ stacks he lasts healing the entire fight just fine accept for maybe some late decimation blades, where the other healer helps a bit. As long as your dps is on par you should be fine.
    This is really what I needed to know, thanks!

---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden272 View Post
    i don't know if im reading those wrong, or not but if your SP...Fury Warrior ... Enhance Shammy & Boomkin are all 20kish and under get better dps especially for Bale, and your healing seems a tad low too, if you want to make the boss easier especially for your first kill i recommend replacing the resto druid for a Disc P, Also Rets don't belong in 10s lol, but cheerin for him for being 2nd hahha kinda sad for the rest of your dps considering well... ret dps is the lowest at the moment, apart from frost mages and those specs.

Also, your mage is fire... wrong... he should only ever be fire for alys if hes flying up top otherwise arcane the other 6/7 maybe fire on Heroic Rag if you need more aoe on molten elementals though, also your lock is the wrong spec as well he should be demo, our lock reps out like ... 30k + as demo on his bads days so yeah just a few tips for you, not bashing you or anything just trying to help you later on etc.
    The ret was me trying my OS that I sourced together in an hour

This is going to be a rough fight for you guys. None of your dps, aside from your spriest, will be good at taking the shards. Make sure your spriest glyphs dispersion so he can take every other shard for 15 seconds without a hitch. The way we do the fight is we both heal our spriest on shard 1, then we alternate back and forth healing torment for the next 4 shards building stacks with 2 dps (with their defensive cds up) rotating on the shard. After 5 shards, both healers go on the tank full time and we have 3 dps take the shard for 8 seconds each so they barely need any healing.

We do the spriest tactic too.
    Me (holy pala) and our heal dudu spamming heal on the spriest who takes the first shard alone. Our tank (pala) needs to stay alive alone during the first shard, but thats no problem because he has loh, divine guardian, ardent defender...
    After the first shard i have round about ~95 stacks. Then I switch on the tank while the 2nd shard.
    After the 2nd shard I switch with the heal druid. My aim is to get about ~200 stacks with shard 3,4 and 5. When I achieve this amount of stacks we swap again. At this point of the fight both healers can easily crossheal tank and shard victims. I try to support our heal druid with putting beacon on the shard victims the whole fight.
    Only the decimation blades are dangerous because if the vital flame runs out in the moment in which he hits it could be barely enough time to bring him over 90% hp, so the 2nd healer should support you if this happens.

To the shard victims: spriest, wl, boomkin should easily take ~13 stacks with barkskin, shadowform, etc... Your warri could also support the healers with using shieldwall but that isnt necessary and a dps loss.

We have two teams composed of 2 players for the shards. If anyone of this 2 teams get the debuff refreshed we have the 3 remaining dd`s who help out.
    first team: spriest, wl
    2nd team: dk, boomkin
    jumper: rogue, mage, hunter

Our spriest dont use the dispersion glyph, so he can only use dispersion every 3rd shard, but he doesnt need to use it that often, because the incoming dmg isnt that high with the 15% reduction of shadowform.

I hope I could help you.

Deleted
    The way we did it was that the shadowpriest soaked the first shard. On every 2nd shard our Fury Warrior (me) soaked 16~ stacks using the Mastery trinket from tol barad with the resi use. Pretty much had to do this as I would usually die around 10 stacks and the same case for our other melee.

Deleted
    Your mileage may vary, I'll just share my experience (which was greatly affected by holy being my OS mind you). I found 100 stacks to be enough for roughly half the fight, we had the Spriest do a second shard when Dispersion came off CD which I solo healed in order to get to 200 and then stayed on tank healing until the fight ended with those 200 stacks. Our Disc priest got 100 off of the first shard, and then slowly worked her way up to 200 as well by shard healing "normally" (meaning 2-3 people per shard), then at around ~20% we both went to tank healing - she kept PW:S shard people while I threw heals at them and let the Beacon do it's work on the tank, but our primary focus was the tank as it can get quite hard to keep him up in the final ~30 seconds or so.

Deleted
    Cheers for all the info guys, going again tonight hopefully there won't be a lot of problems

Deleted
    You may wish to try it with using 3 soakers per shard as well, thus your shard soakers will not need basically any healing. The weakness here is that RNG may screw you over and you'll run out of soakers if you're extremely unlucky and in that case there's not much you can do (short of having one of your healers help with the soaking which doesn't necessarily mean a wipe either). It's worked fine for us so far.

100-ish stacks is generally enough to last throughout the entire fight, I usually get a few more just because there's almost no healing needed on the tank in the beginning since both healers have 100+ stacks and it makes it slightly easier towards the end of the fight.