Aderall question

Would it be bad if i took Unisom (an over the counter sleep-aid) after taking a 50mg aderall? I have a test to study for tonight, but i have a hard time sleeping in a dorm room without some kind of sleep aid

Edit: I wouldn't be taking them at the same time. I'd take the aderall to study, then the unisom when i want to go to bed

10+ Year Old Account
    Time frame between?

FFS, please ask your pharmacist. If you have an Adderall prescription, they won't mind answering questions about drug interactions. Don't go to a game forum for advice about potentially dangerous drug complications.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Time frame between?
    like 8ish for the aderall, then like 2 or 3ish for the unisom

I stopped taking aderall because I was never hungry lol

50mg of adderall is doing speed straight up. Unless you have SERVERE ADD you are drugging your mind out!

Either way at 50mg dont expect to sleep for sometime.

Cut that baby into 4ths at LEAST. Jesus thats a lot of addy.

Also unisom+adderall is a terrible combo. You wont sleep, but you'll feel sleepy. You also will be too drugged to do well on a test.

Edit: Also you know that adderall is neurotoxic right? You should try piracetam instead.

[QUOTE=Arlor;13217364] please ask your pharmacist. If you have an Adderall prescription, they won't mind answering questions about drug interactions. Don't go to a game forum for advice about potentially dangerous drug complications.[/QUOTE]
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

The aderall generation...
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Adderall is just another drug they came up with to keep people from being themselves, or expanding there mind. Just quit taking it imo, ADD/ADHD is so over diagnosed it
    makes me sick. What ever happened to just being adventurous.

Dont ask on the forums what drugs are safe to mix, regardless of there legality or not. Ask someone who knows for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesphere View Post
    Also unisom+adderall is a terrible combo. You wont sleep, but you'll feel sleepy. You also will be too drugged to do well on a test.
    That sounds fucked up O_o

Also don't do Aderall.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 6 hours between the Adderall and the Unisom. This definitely won't work with 50mg. I used to take 25mg and benedryl to counteract it to fall asleep and that wouldn't work very well. I would fall asleep, but I would wake up tossing and turning several times a night so it wasn't really worth it. A sleeping pill before the Adderall is out of your system is counteractive.

step 1. get your hands on some time released adderall
    step 2. take the sleeping pill and the addy at the same time
    step 3. go to sleep EARLY

after a few hours, the adderall should overtake the sleeping pill and wake you up...then just study all night up until test time

Actually, i googled it and there are no drug interactions between the two. Now i'm just worried that 50mg is way too much

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Adderall is just another drug they came up with to keep people from being themselves, or expanding there mind. Just quit taking it imo, ADD/ADHD is so over diagnosed it
    makes me sick.
    I don't have ADD, i just have a big test tomorrow

I know I'm repeating myself, but, in the 15 minutes you've been refreshing this thread, you could have asked a professional pharmacist by phone and got a real answer.

You probably won't even need to give your name, if that's what you're worried about. Of course, I hope that you're taking this prescription medication with a prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    FFS, please ask your pharmacist. If you have an Adderall prescription, they won't mind answering questions about drug interactions. Don't go to a game forum for advice about potentially dangerous drug complications.
    This is the only advice you should take right here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    Actually, i googled it and there are no drug interactions between the two. Now i'm just worried that 50mg is way too much

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 05:37 PM ----------

I don't have ADD, i just have a big test tomorrow
    Like someone else said, ask your pharmacist. Google and forums are definitely not the best place to ask about this kind of thing.