Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    When it's my turn to heal soakers, I put LB on them before they start soaking. Wouldn't this be better? My direct heals would automatically refresh them and I wouldn't have to spend a GCD on reapplying on the tank.
    Waste of 3 CGDs tbh, even if they take a solid number of stacks. It would be the same problem as switching from tank to tank. Even if mana isn't an issue, LB is a solid heal but only at 3 stacks. Those 3 GCDs would be better on 3 RJs to make nourish faster, or other direct heals in general.

If we could move all 3 LBs stacks together it would solve a lot of problems and save a lot of gcds. But, as of now most of the time it's beter to just let it sit on whoever the MT is. Decimation blade is too short to need to switch.

Why does everyone pop ToL on shards? You're not stacking any faster and you run the risk of having it on CD during Decimation Blade when it could actually be useful.

Also, as has already been said, LB is only stacked on this fight so you get the regen from the 2T12 bonus. No reason to switch LB targets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Waste of 3 CGDs tbh, even if they take a solid number of stacks. It would be the same problem as switching from tank to tank. Even if mana isn't an issue, LB is a solid heal but only at 3 stacks. Those 3 GCDs would be better on 3 RJs to make nourish faster, or other direct heals in general.

If we could move all 3 LBs stacks together it would solve a lot of problems and save a lot of gcds. But, as of now most of the time it's beter to just let it sit on whoever the MT is. Decimation blade is too short to need to switch.
    Oh I apply a single stack of LB on the soaker just before he picks up the shard, not 3. I'm doing this so that LB won't drop when I'm healing soakers; it's only for regen and CC procs. In fact, before the first shard that's soaked by our shadow priest, I pop TOL and spread a single stack of LB around the raid. I find that this + Jaws saves me a lot of mana when I'm spamming instant regrowths.

@lywyu, it's only for maintaining lifebloom uptime for regen, not for healing or building stacks. I heal the soaker with direct heals obviously and the single LB stack is refreshed automatically.

You guys think this is a flawed method? I'll try keeping up 3x LB on the MT next time and see if it helps during Decimation blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to depend really on strat. If you 2 heal, does 1 person heal Dec blade or both, one tank or 2, how long do you let people soak and what's the crystal rotation.

In the end, if you are killing the boss it's not going to be a big difference either way. In reg mana really shouldn't be an issue, but free CC RGs are nice. If you 2 heal LB on the tank at all times will kind of help, especially if your soakers aren't taking so much dmg they will die if you spend one GCD on refreshing LB on the tank(which they shouldn't be).

Anyway really works, rolling 3 on the tank gives more healing(which is probably overheal) and all the benefits of LB. 1 LB on the soaker makes it so you don't have to pay attention to LB. If you have 2p T11 still though, you want to keep 3 rolling on the tank at all times. Besides that, you just want LB on someone somewhere.

This is 10m HC. We are 2 healing it with a druid (me) and a paladin. Our tank is a bear and we have only one of us healing decimation unless tormented is involved. As for soakers, the shadow priest soaks the first one entirely with me spamming him with instant regrowths. The reason I'm apprehensive about using a GCD somewhere else during this is because I don't want to be lower than a 100 stacks after the first shard. I take the next shard as well which is split between 2 soakers, giving me about 150 stacks by the end of it. At this point, I switch to the tank and the paladin takes the next 2 shards. Once the 5th shard spawns, we switch to a 3 soaker rotation and the healers swap as required. Both healers are doing pretty decently on stacking up.

However, we haven't killed the boss yet. We frequently get him to the 25% ballpark and this is where things go wrong because my paladin partner is completely out of mana. My knowledge of paladins is quite limited so I'm not sure how this is happening. I still have about 30k mana in reserve at this point with my regen cds coming back up soon. In all our attempts, I haven't had too many people dying on my watch, whether it is the soakers or the tank. The other healer is fine until mana runs out.

I could try having 3xLB on the tank if that would help with the paladin's mana but tbh, I don't know if it'll make a noticeable difference.

Deleted
    Ah, sorry. Don't know the 10man HC healing strategy and stuff so I'll just be quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    This is 10m HC. We are 2 healing it with a druid (me) and a paladin. Our tank is a bear and we have only one of us healing decimation unless tormented is involved. As for soakers, the shadow priest soaks the first one entirely with me spamming him with instant regrowths. The reason I'm apprehensive about using a GCD somewhere else during this is because I don't want to be lower than a 100 stacks after the first shard. I take the next shard as well which is split between 2 soakers, giving me about 150 stacks by the end of it. At this point, I switch to the tank and the paladin takes the next 2 shards. Once the 5th shard spawns, we switch to a 3 soaker rotation and the healers swap as required. Both healers are doing pretty decently on stacking up.

However, we haven't killed the boss yet. We frequently get him to the 25% ballpark and this is where things go wrong because my paladin partner is completely out of mana. My knowledge of paladins is quite limited so I'm not sure how this is happening. I still have about 30k mana in reserve at this point with my regen cds coming back up soon. In all our attempts, I haven't had too many people dying on my watch, whether it is the soakers or the tank. The other healer is fine until mana runs out.

I could try having 3xLB on the tank if that would help with the paladin's mana but tbh, I don't know if it'll make a noticeable difference.
    Tank/raid pop tank cooldowns and paladin should be healing second half of first shard with you for stacks, you should also never be healing second and 3rd shard if you're just done first, you can solo heal tanks easily that early in fight with your 100stacks from the first. Your paladin is getting overextended when you're forcing him to heal with no buffs having to overspend when you should be doing the lions share having been first shard primary stacker.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Tank/raid pop tank cooldowns and paladin should be healing second half of first shard with you for stacks, you should also never be healing second and 3rd shard if you're just done first, you can solo heal tanks easily that early in fight with your 100stacks from the first. Your paladin is getting overextended when you're forcing him to heal with no buffs having to overspend when you should be doing the lions share having been first shard primary stacker.
    I actually tried this last night. We shared the first shard and I switched right after it to the tank with 100 stacks. It was better but not by much. How long do you suppose I can stay on tank with a 100 stacks? I noticed a a mild strain after healing through the 2nd set of decimation blades. The melee attacks began to hurt the tank.

We 3heal/2tank Baleroc Normal, with the off tank taunting for Decimation Blade. As tree I'm usually top even though I take tank healing first while the resto-shammy and paladin build stacks up. But we rotate healing to coincide with the buff running off so we all gather at a fairly similar rate. I'll take a look at that addon though. We have a set of power auras that flash who we should be healing but the pala shammy moan about them. Our way sounds complicated but it gives us quite a bit of room to maneuver if theres an unexpected death and we one-shot him most of the time.

Edit: I keep LB up for the 2T12 set bonus mana regen