Word Macro for Holy word spell

I have a simple macro for lightwell that makes my character say "Click the Lightwell!" and I'm trying to do something similar with the AOE Holy Word spell. The problem is the Holy Word spell and physical icon picture change depending on what Chakra state I'm in. How can I attach a "Stand in the healing light!" chat to Holy Word: Sanctuary?

/cast Holy Word: Chastise
    /y Stack up, dammit!
    The macro will yell every time you press the button, regardless of whether you actually cast anything or not. If you want to avoid that, I can recommend the addon "CastYeller2", as it can be configured to only shout when you actually cast something.

Deleted
    Think you can actually just do "/cast Holy Word" so you can still have just one button for it.

But i don't want my macro to stand in the healing light to go off when i'm doing the single target heal of the spell, for example.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    But i don't want my macro to stand in the healing light to go off when i'm doing the single target heal of the spell, for example.
    I'm no macro expert, but since the name of the spell changes, I don't see why you'd have a problem with:

/cast Holy Word: Sanctuary
    /yell Stand in the healing light!

Well, if i made a macro of

/cast Holy Word: Sanctuary
    /yell Stand in the healing light!

then I would have to bring what ever icon i chose for it in the macro page onto my skill bar. but then that icon would always be that icon and that spell, and if i changed chakra states, it would not change to the single target heal spell. See my conundrum

10+ Year Old Account
    Try adding #showtooltip
    Have it set for a pet macro, Normally shows Spell Lock Icon, holding shift changes it to Devour Magic icon.
    I'm guessing it'd work the same if you added it to that, not sure though.

This is something that is much better suited for an addon (I believe the CastYeller2 addon mentioned above will do what you want). It's pretty awkward to put in a macro because macros can't watch the combat log, as far as I know. If you really wanted to, you could macro something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Holy Word: Chastise
    /run local m,s="Message here",UnitAura("player","Chakra: Sanctuary");if s~=nil then SendChatMessage(m,"YELL") end

This should yell "Message here" only if you are in Sanctuary when you press the button. You can also expand this to do things like only yell when the spell is not on cooldown, but you will start pushing up against the character limit in a macro if you add too much.

ty so much! I'll give this one a shot tonight

---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wuga View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Holy Word: Chastise
    /run local m,s="Message here",UnitAura("player","Chakra: Sanctuary");if s~=nil then SendChatMessage(m,"YELL") end

This should yell "Message here" only if you are in Sanctuary when you press the button. You can also expand this to do things like only yell when the spell is not on cooldown, but you will start pushing up against the character limit in a macro if you add too much.
    Worked perfectly, thanks so much! Might like to get that info stickied somewhere somehow so priests won't be dumbfounded like i was

i'm aware your problem is solved and glad about it

however i would like to suggest an addon called wakespams which is great for announcing various things you are doing to your raid. fully customizable and works perfectly well. Apart from standard uses like when u cast guardian spirit and how much time is remaining on it in chat with countdown and also telling how it faded (did it proc or not) you can customize it with any spell in any way.

an example, last night in heroic ragnaros tries i wanted to show off by how much i'm spamming power word shield to help out our healers (no priest healer is there ofc) and wakespams was amazingly helpful there.
    hope it helps