These temperatures OK or should I be worried?

According to CPUID Hardware Monitor, my computer temperatures idle are:

[IMG][/IMG]

Whenever I play a game such as WoW or other games, it will rise to around 60-65 degrees.

Is this too high or is it safe? Should I consider cooling? I don't know much about cooling methods. My computer has 1 fan running 100% speed (speeds up itself when hot) and stock heatsink. Are these temperatures safe or should I consider something?

You should be fine. When they get up to the 90s (Celsius, of course), then you should worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
    You should be fine. When they get up to the 90s (Celsius, of course), then you should worry.
    My old gaming computer was shocking, and was about 55 idle and 90+ load, it was really bad. I might consider buying a better heatsink so my CPU stays cooler. Cooler CPU is always good.

When I first got the computer (winter) it was around 30-35 idle and 50-55 load. Today is a little hotter (28 degrees today instead of the usual 18-22 winter breeze), which has made it rise a little. Anyone know any good AMD Coolers / heatsinks?

Those numbers are 5-10C too high for the CPU using stock cooler and no OC, maybe you have bad case airflow or too high ambient temperature. x4 965 will start downclocking after 62C in overheat protection.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    My old gaming computer was shocking, and was about 55 idle and 90+ load, it was really bad. I might consider buying a better heatsink so my CPU stays cooler. Cooler CPU is always good.

When I first got the computer (winter) it was around 30-35 idle and 50-55 load. Today is a little hotter (28 degrees today instead of the usual 18-22 winter breeze), which has made it rise a little. Anyone know any good AMD Coolers / heatsinks?
    DO NOT listen to the first poster, he's talking about intel's cpu's clearly. AMD's Phenom II's are a different architecture and such their heat resistance is completely different, as far as I remember Phenom II x4's max temperature is rated at 62C, so yes you really should consider a better cooler. The usual suggestions in this forum are Coolermaster Hyper 212+ if you're on a tight budget, Corsair A50 or A70 isn't half bad either. On the high end Noctua NH-D14 is usually considered the best air cooler but it does take considerable amount of space.

I figure I need to toss in an opinion here. If you have a laptop and you like to play games on it, I HEAVILY recommend getting a laptop cooling pad (only about $20). Just putting your laptop directly on a flat surface and gaming is just asking for problems with overheating.

Especially if you use a Dell...
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4887/cacakf.png[/.IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.usMine is way worse.

---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 04:07 AM ----------

Lol, it got even worse when i played oblivion.[IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/30/cacakj.png[/.IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mod Edit: Use thumbnails please.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-09-16 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    6000+ RPM huh?

I get worried when I see my GPU/CPU fan go over 2200, but I guess fan diameter plays a role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I get worried when I see my GPU/CPU fan go over 2200, but I guess fan diameter plays a role.
    Very correct. The CPU fan on my fusion board can get up to 4500RPM (estimate is a 30-40mm fan, not sure), it's still more silent than the case fan that goes at around 1400RPM (90mm).

It's too hot, my Phenom II X4 955 BE is 35°C IDLE and 52°C under full load with a Scythe Mugen 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    It's too hot, my Phenom II X4 955 BE is 35°C IDLE and 52°C under full load with a Scythe Mugen 2.
    I wouldn't deny that his temperatures are high, but they are far from "too hot" and if he has the stock fan, those temperatures are totally fine. The X4 955 is rated for a max working temperature of 68C.

@Gendis:
    Those temperatures are fine considering that you got a mobile CPU. Those are usually built to withstand a bit higher temperatures (most modern laptop CPUs are rated for at least 105C afaik).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I wouldn't deny that his temperatures are high, but they are far from "too hot" and if he has the stock fan, those temperatures are totally fine. The X4 955 is rated for a max working temperature of 68C.

@Gendis:
    Those temperatures are fine considering that you got a mobile CPU. Those are usually built to withstand a bit higher temperatures (most modern laptop CPUs are rated for at least 105C afaik).
    http://products.amd.com/en-gb/Deskto...&f11=&f12=True

It's 62C max