Heroic 10 man Baleroc help.

My guild just started working on Baleroc heroic tonight and had a little trouble and i think its due to our raid comp.
    We are running

Blood DK - Tank

Healers - Disc Priest/Holy pally

and for DPS we use
    Fury war
    Combat rogue
    Arc mage
    Spriest
    Boomkin (MS resto)
    Surv Hunter
    and Myself ret pally (MS Prot)

Im just wondering how some guilds manage having 3 melee. I feel our group is so clumped up we spread torment wayy more than we should.
    Any help would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about how 25 man guilds have to manage with just the same amount of room. 3 melee really isn't much.

First of all, have all three melee stack up on the left leg. The shard will spawn there, so move THROUGH the boss to the other side. When a melee is tormented, simply move out (not through the boss) right behind the boss at max melee range. If all three melee are tormented, stand on top of each other and a couple seconds before your debuff runs out, move to the opposite side of the shard, which should be a safe zone.

Basically use mainly 3 major spot for melee: shard, safe opposite side and tormented area.

25m guilds use that strat or a similar one since they have 7-8 in melee. Of course for 10m they just really need to stay away from each other when tormented, DPS at max melee range and go through the boss if they need to switch side and aren't tormented.

Also, make sure your spriest soaks the first shard by himself.

We run three melee on that fight just fine.

They just have to be smart about it, communicate properly, and get used to play around each other. Also keep in mind that the boss's melee hitbox is ENORMOUS. If one person is just behind a leg, another melee can be even further behind him and not be within passing range. You can also run through the boss, between the tank and the other melee and be just fine.

I have a vid of our first kill with 3 melee, myself included, which is even a bit messy because of a warlock biting the dust midway, so noone was expecting a kill. If you'd like a link, PM me, as I haven't posted enough on mmochamp to be allowed to link things, apparently.

Since then, we've even started running in effect 4 melees, one of them being said warlock now being demonology, so he's in melee range too. He just stands near the tank (which does give some screwed up shard positioning every once in a while, but it's better dps and healing overall).

In the vid, I have large name tags on people, which I've set up in Tidy Plates: Threat Plates, purely for this fight and being able to easily see who's where.

If you notice the green box around my cooldown timers, when that box turns blue, I'm outside of melee range. In other words, the hitbox is quite large, and we use that fact more and more on our kills. Also make sure that they use the INSIDE of the boss hitbox to maneuver around tormented people.

Tormented has quite a small range, so I'd say your melee are simply not keeping an eye on each other, or they're not aware how far away from the boss they can actually stand. If you end up downloading the video, you can see how we nudge around each other. At the same time, we're communicating about it on mumble. "I'm taking first shard! Ok, I'm 2nd, I'll step up to it and you'll run out through the hitbox to the other side. Warr, move down to the middle to make space for the dk on the flank, he's coming through with tormented", that sort of thing.

Good luck with your kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    We usually have 3 melee on our kills, including our first kill. I actually prefer it that way as it keeps the ranged spread a little less clumped and its easier for melee to get to a shard to soak first. Melee also tend to have decent CDs for those shards, and with the hitbox being so big its really easy to avoid spreading it to each other as long as your melee are paying attention to their position.

We run 3 melee on that fight too. There is enough room for all melees.
    You also have a spriest which makes the fight much more easier imo.

Pretty much the same left <-> right movement as you would have with 1 or 2 melee, except that now they need to be clumped a little closer together than if there were only 2 of them. There actually is plenty of space, especially since you can be inside/outside of his hitbox too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard 10man was hard..

Most 25man raids have like 6 melee's.. and you are having problems with 3 when the shard is even spawning on melee? damn..

Please don't try to start 25 vs. 10 flamewars.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-09-16 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    I heard 10man was hard..

Most 25man raids have like 6 melee's.. and you are having problems with 3 when the shard is even spawning on melee? damn..
    Very useful.

We run 3 melee too, have them run THROUGH the boss to avoid spreading Tormented, at least that's what ours do. I'm beginning to think if there's a way to set up the soak rotation to make the spreading less of a hassle.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    I heard 10man was hard..

Please don't try to start 25 vs. 10 flamewars.
    How do you do it with 6? We just barely cycle through the crystals going 10-10-5 and sometimes 15-10 (if cooldowns are up) with a rotation of 8 melee.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to double post, but I posted this in the other 10H Baleroc thread as well if the OP missed it.

Here's our kill on 10 H Baleroc using 3 melee (Warr/DK/Feral). First shard by spriest, 2nd shard completely eaten by feral. 3rd-5th shard split by 2 ppl, all shards after that use 3 person rotation since tanks need the extra love and heals can't heal shards as much. We also leave mage/hunter out of the "main" shard rotation so at least one of them is available when screwed by countdown rng.

This strat is a one shot every week for us, except for the occasional healer-gets-countdown-at-wrong-time RNG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNhByEK4A3Y

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just killed him with about the same comp today. 2nd progress night. (Yes we tossed in an extra raid on a friday, god we don't have any lives... anyway.)

Have your boomkin innervate one healer at the start when they stack buffs on the spriest that soaks the first crystal, and innervate the other healer when it gets off cd. (We had that the 1st night, it made healing considerably easier since I didn't have to play mana efficient that night, however this night we killed it without).

Also, assign 2 replacement dpsers for whatever reasons you need to switch. Countdown on a dpser that is currently soaking the crystal requires a replacement to take its place.

For the remainder, talk a lot with your healers. This fight is a pain to heal. And this is coming from a disc priest, my amormy: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elina/advanced

PS, your priest should run with a surge of light spec and reforge to haste for that fight if you want to maximize output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

^

One nice thing as a disc priest healer is to stack full divine aegis (~55k or so) on tank, then shield him, prepot volcanic potion, drink up as hes pulling...i did it with mostly shadow gear -- it allows you to spamheal the first shard and i'll be at 70k ish mana after first shard, i hymn of hope + fiery quintessence + shadowfiend + innervate to full while healing 2nd crystal (hoh gives increase to max mana, as does fiery quint (on use int), and sfiend gives more mana back the more mana u have)

We got screwed by rng/people tormenting each other at the end but still got the kill (I had to tank shard because nobody else was available).

The most important thing is to have someone tank the first shard fully, and have 2nd shard be tanked as much as possible too (ex. ret with div prot can take ~17)

10+ Year Old Account
    Above poster makes a good point with the max. mana regens, but I didn't find it necessary to hymn of hope / didn't have time for it. We had a little excess dps so we had our shadowpriest do it for us later in the fight instead, if you get to 100 stacks during the first crystal you don't have to spam flash heals for the others, start off with 1 or even 2 normal heals, pws and penance and start spaming flash heals first at 10 stacks. If you do this you can easily have 250+ stacks anyway when the fight ends, which is more than enough.
    Last edited by Wass; 2011-09-16 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Above poster makes a good point with the max. mana regens, but I didn't find it necessary to hymn of hope / didn't have time for it. We had a little excess dps so we had our shadowpriest do it for us later in the fight instead, if you get to 100 stacks during the first crystal you don't have to spam flash heals for the others, start off with 1 or even 2 normal heals, pws and penance and start spaming flash heals first at 10 stacks. If you do this you can easily have 250+ stacks anyway when the fight ends, which is more than enough.

Yea, I only do the hymn of hope for a second to get the maximum mana increased :P Right after shard #1, I do HoH for a sec, fiery quint, ask for innervate while I fiend. And you also have a point -- I usually start off with shield, heal, heal, penance, then flash heal on the 2nd soaker. Saves you quite a bit of mana

Just wait till tuesday and you should be able to faceroll it

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    We run 3 melee too, have them run THROUGH the boss to avoid spreading Tormented, at least that's what ours do. I'm beginning to think if there's a way to set up the soak rotation to make the spreading less of a hassle.
    Same thing we do

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    My guild just started working on Baleroc heroic tonight and had a little trouble and i think its due to our raid comp.
    We are running

Blood DK - Tank

Healers - Disc Priest/Holy pally

and for DPS we use
    Fury war
    Combat rogue
    Arc mage
    Spriest
    Boomkin (MS resto)
    Surv Hunter
    and Myself ret pally (MS Prot)

Im just wondering how some guilds manage having 3 melee. I feel our group is so clumped up we spread torment wayy more than we should.
    Any help would be great.
    first of all, YOU tank it since your MS Prot, not the DK , Dk tanks are still the worst tanks possible to use for anything until they get buffed there still shit and have to heal more than any other tank. Prot Paladin is BiS atm x2 for 10 mans.

then kick the Rogue out if your DK can frost well otherwise run with the set up you have, Disc / Hpala is good

Fury,Mage,Priest,Boomy,Hunter,Rogue or DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how we do it.

On the pull, both healers get the tank topped up, as soon as the first crystal spawns your tank starts doing everything they can to stay alive. Personal cooldowns etc.

Crystal 1 - Shadow Priest (takes all 25 stacks. Dispersion, rotate CD's etc) - Holy Pally spams, gets as many stacks as possible. Disc priest spams til they get 50 stacks, then tank heals for the next 2 crystals

Crystal 2 - Boomkin (13 stacks) / Arcane Mage (12 stacks) - Holy Paladin Only

Crystal 3 - Fury Warr (13) / Rogue (12) - Holy Paladin Only

At this point the holy pally should now have 150+ stacks. the disc priest takes over crystal healing.

Crystal 4 - Shadow Priest (13 stacks) / (12) Ret Pally - Disc Priest heals this crystal, and all remaining crystals (unless holy pally is tormented, see below)

The big key is to communicate who is taking next crystal on vent & who is backing them up early on before crystals spawn.

Healer Torment Situations

IF the DISC priest gets torment, you swap to a 3 dps per crystal rotation,
    Fury Warrior (8), Rogue (8), Ret (7)
    Boomkin (8), Shadow Priest (8), Surv Hunter (8)
    keep doing this until the disc priest is free of torment, then resume a (13) / (12) rotation.

IF the Holy Pally gets torment, the DISC priest swaps to main tank healer and the pally goes to crystal healing, with a 3 dps per crystal rotation.
    As soon as the holy pally is free of torment, they go back to Main Tank Healing.