Deleted

Question about Cpu Temps i7 2600k

Hello there, i recently bought a new pc. wich included the i7 2600k CPU. Im currently running The stock cooler.

some time soon i would like to upgrade the cooler on the Cpu, and i was just wondering wich cooler you would recommend ? ( No water cooling )

Im currently running 35-40Celcius idle, and 50-58 during gaming. Is that high or normal ?

And im running it at Stock speed 3.4 ghz.

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    For stock cooler that is OK. The TjMax is 98C, so no problem.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus is a great cooler for its price. It's quite tall, so make sure to measure before buying anything.

In the easy-to-mount (and tiny) category I'd say Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.

Deleted
    how cold do you think my cores would be wich such a cooler ? could i even OC to like 4ghz + and still be safe?

Deleted
    Those temps are fine,I run the i72600k on stock at about 33 idle and 50-60. Depending on game and there is no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember it will overclock itself to 3.7ghz under stress (turbo multiplier is 37x by default) so a 4ghz "overclock" is...almost negligible.
    In any case it's worth every penny to grab a proper aftermarket cooler and OC to 4.5ghz.

35-40c idles and 60c under gaming is what I'm currently getting at a 4.8ghz overclock with a $30 cooler (hyper 212+).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Remember it will overclock itself to 3.7ghz under stress (turbo multiplier is 37x by default) so a 4ghz "overclock" is...almost negligible.
    In any case it's worth every penny to grab a proper aftermarket cooler and OC to 4.5ghz.

35-40c idles and 60c under gaming is what I'm currently getting at a 4.8ghz overclock with a $30 cooler (hyper 212+).
    oh. lol i thought that turbo mode was something i had to enable so it ran in 3.8 all the time. well nice to know ^^

Deleted
    I'm currently using the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B on my 2600K, works like a charm. It's pretty huge (had some trouble fitting it next to my ram/graphics), but doesn't make much sound.

http://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products...n-2-rev-b.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mbgz View Post
    how cold do you think my cores would be wich such a cooler ? could i even OC to like 4ghz + and still be safe?
    I am running an I7 2600K at 4.4 GHz with that very same cooler (CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus) and fully stressed my cores don't go above 58 degrees.
    Currently (while just browsing) they are:

And while stressing it with Prime95:

I can really recommend the cooler, it's great for it's pricerange.

EDIT: The shown temps are (from left to right) current temp - lowest measured temp - highest measured temp. In case people weren't familiar with CPUID Hardware Monitor.
    Last edited by Arachnan; 2011-09-16 at 09:42 AM.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I'm currently using the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B on my 2600K, works like a charm. It's pretty huge (had some trouble fitting it next to my ram/graphics), but doesn't make much sound.

http://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products...n-2-rev-b.html
    LOL wow that's one fat puppy of a heatsink! No wonder it performs well enough to rival some of the best air coolers. Slap on another fan if you can.

Im Running a Noctua D14 an my 2600k .. ita bloody huge cooler tho but I can push 5ghz with no cooling issues.

Deleted
    My 2600k overclock temps

You see when i took the screen it had been 45 mins and there's a temp difference of 7-8 degrees in the cores just due to me opening the window to get some cooler air in as this small room warms up rather fast and turning the top exhaust fan up from 1 to 2 (1,2,3). Using a Thermaltake Frio with one fan on the lowest speed. It went up to 70 celsius max while playing Bad Company 2 and 64 in WoW.

Running WoW on one screen, flash video on another screen, at 16% CPU use on stock cooler, running at 60 degrees. Room temperature is about 20 degrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok that's the last time I run Intel Burn.
    I hadn't run it after I OC'd to 4.8ghz so I ran it for giggles and approx 10 seconds later I'm touching 85c. That's just bullshit and irrelevant to "stability" testing or w/e because I know for sure that no amount of video-converting or gaming is going to push temps past 70-72c.
    I'm getting the same idea for all forms of overclocking - stress-test programs are really pointless unless you do nothing but run benchmarks all day. If your games/applications are displaying absolutely no issues with the overclock, why would you even bother to get it stable on P95/IBT/Furmark? Not only does it give you the feeling of "oh noes it's not stable, increase voltage!" (pushing temps even higher) but they also make more or less any cooling setup look bad -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial
    I hadn't run it after I OC'd to 4.8ghz so I ran it for giggles and approx 10 seconds later I'm touching 85c. That's just bullshit and irrelevant to "stability" testing or w/e because I know for sure that no amount of video-converting or gaming is going to push temps past 70-72c.
    I'm getting the same idea for all forms of overclocking - stress-test programs are really pointless unless you do nothing but run benchmarks all day. If your games/applications are displaying absolutely no issues with the overclock, why would you even bother to get it stable on P95/IBT/Furmark? Not only does it give you the feeling of "oh noes it's not stable, increase voltage!" (pushing temps even higher) but they also make more or less any cooling setup look bad -_-
    New overclocker here, just recently had the same idea. Started thinking 'Why stress tests with massive temps? I'm never gonna get that kind of load' and the conclusion I ended up with was that you need to run these kinds of tests to figure out the worst case scenario your system can have and whether you're just gonna get sudden blue screens because some of your configurations aren't compatible with your components and their setups or whether you're gonna be able to count on your computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Depends on what you classify as stable.
    If an overclock is stable enough to endure five runs of IBT, it's stable enough for gaming/daily use, and that's what I go by.
    You can't use the programs if you just blindly follow what they say, you need to think a bit too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbgz View Post
    Hello there, i recently bought a new pc. wich included the i7 2600k CPU. Im currently running The stock cooler.

some time soon i would like to upgrade the cooler on the Cpu, and i was just wondering wich cooler you would recommend ? ( No water cooling )

Im currently running 35-40Celcius idle, and 50-58 during gaming. Is that high or normal ?

And im running it at Stock speed 3.4 ghz.

Thanks in advance
    Those temps are totally normal. If bought the full unlocked version for a reason, get a proper cooler and give it a bump, that chip is very powerful.