Poll: Xbox 360 or PS3?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've got both and i prefer the xbox. The PS3 has some good exclusives but i find the controller too light. It mostly just comes down to personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have both consoles and personly play the xbox so much more i dont care that it isnt free multiplayer £39.99 a year who cares its nothing. the extra money payed is worth it the interface is beautiful and easy to use high quility party chat i wouldnt say as good as ventrilo but much better than most ingame chats. as for the ps3 its my blueray player which i play a few exclusives on the interface mightaswell be a picture of your arse. as u mentioned you enjoyed COD keep in mind microsoft gets the dlc a month earlyer not sure about other games however.
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

I can help you out here op, i own all three systems and i can break down the bests and worst parts of them.

Xbox 360: Features: compared to the ps3, the online is the only thing better, but only slightly and its not really noticeable, but that's gonna cost you. Kinect Exclusive Games: Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza (racing), Crackdown, Alan wake (rumor: the next game may no longer be an exclusive.) Kinect games Controller: is kinda bulky and requires batteries, but the button alignment is better then the ps3 and the triggers are better.

PS3: Features: better graphics, more exclusives, quiet (xbox is kinda noisy), Blue ray, online browser, Playstation Move, 3D support. Exclusives Games: God of war, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, Gran Turismo (racing), Heavy rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tekken, Infamous, Littlebigplanet, Demon Souls/Dark Souls (2 mmorpgs made by the same people known for its really hard difficulty), MAG, Sly Cooper, and honestly a lot of other shooters that are ok but not worth mentioning unless you love shooters. Controller: Much, Much lighter then the xbox controller and recharble battery, but the triggers arent as good.

I play my xbox more for achievements/my friends but i could honestly enjoy the ps3 more if i had to choose 1 or the other, i say go with ps3.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

i got both, i use my ps3 as a dvd and bluray player but i have my xbox set up to my pc monitor, i like the xbox for rpgs i just find it easier to play it on there, i have 2 games for the ps3 killzone 3 and cod4
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

ps3 hands down imo, the 360 is only decent for online games, besides for that its just a giant pos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a PS3. I have a few games, but these have taken a backseat in favour of the Blu-Ray player and DVD Upscaler. Also it connects up to BBC iPlayer, so I can watch programs in HD, something I can't yet do when they're live.

I honestly thought I was gonna be playing games all the time, but no - the PC still rules for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    @ Petrix and Phleg., it's absurd to think that the PS3 is an inferior system because of the hacking incident. No matter how good (or bad) your security is, you're ALWAYS vulnerable to hacks. To think that your financial information is safe on the internet is silly.

Regardless, these types of threads are pointless, because it's just going to continue to be a fanboy thread. Very few people are capable of being objective, as you can very well see.
    Give me your opinion then, which do you prefer? And most importantly why?

Edit: excuse me for the public view on the poll, first time creating one .
    Last edited by Sylvorian; 2011-09-16 at 12:33 PM.
    How do I live without the ones I love?
    Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned
    Place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say, but you're so far away!
    R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, you'll be missed!

15+ Year Old Account
    As a console, PS3 is better. When you take into account everything else though, 360 wins by a mile imo. The games line up is superior. XboX Live is way better in every way than PSN except the cost (also helps that everybody I know plays Live and not PSN).

The real answer is this: If you can afford it, get both. The PS3 has some damn great exclusive games in Uncharted, MGS4, etc. That is all I use my PS3 for along with Blu-rays. The XboX 360 also has excellent exclusive titles like Halo, Forza, Gears, etc. and also brings to the table the hands down best online console system. It isn't even close between PSN and XBL imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd choose the xbox because I like the controllers more, like they're fitting in your hand perfectly, while the ps3 cotroll is to light/small. The thumbsticks on the ps3 is kinda weird shaped like a curve, so that your thumbs often slips off while xbox thumbsticks fits your thumbs perfectly.

I have big hands though, so that's just what I think.

Deleted
    The whole PS3 vs Xbox360 is really a pointless argument now due to the consoles being so old now, it mainly comes down to what console your friends have. When I lived with 3 of my friends we had 2 PS3s and 2 Xbox360s and none of us cared what we played on and it essentially came down to what controller you prefer. I prefer the Ps3 controller because its light and fits my hands well, the 360 controller feels heavy, clunky and the thumb sticks are annoying to me. The online features arn't that big a deal to be honest, yeah Xbox live is more sleek and shiny an has a few more "nice" features that arnt really essential than PSN but they both work just as well and saying PSN sucks is just fan boyism.

all in all it comes down to controller preference, what console your friends have and if you prefer xbox exclusives over ps3 ones, or you could just buy both as both consoles are fairly cheap brand new and hell, good preowned consoles are really cheap at the moment friend and I when and bought new consoles together, his xbox 250gb slim was £150 and was almost brand new as it was a display model and my 250gb ps3 was £220 with portal 2 when it was a few days old.

10+ Year Old Account
    ps3 simply because it has a web browser and a xbox does not.

I used to own a PS3 few years back, but it got broken by itself so I replaced it with a Xbox360 instead. I was using the PS3 mainly as a DVD player anyway :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both. I have tried the same games on both (to SEE the difference that each console provides). While the PS3 is a good gaming system that can play Blu-ray movies, it is not as good visually as the Xbox360 (this is on a 65" 1080p screen) in all of my tests so I don't know where those saying the PS3 has better graphics are getting their data from, but my actual testing shows the opposite to their claims. I also have a much better experience on Live than on PSN.

The current hardware failure rates for both systems are as such - ~10% for the PS3 slim (5% above acceptable industry standards) and ~<1% for the current generation of Xbox 360 (Microsoft actually estimated it should have been around 4%, but came in well below that) and ~2-3% for the Wii (source: SquareTrade warranty claims on devices used during the first two years - Note: the Xbox's were used over twice the amount of minutes during the period than the PS3). Don't let people's old and misinformed information on the RRoD for the 360 scare you away.

I have never had a problem with either system, hardware-wise and I own first generations of both. I prefer playing my games on the 360 and I love the controller much more on the 360. I have friends that play using both systems, but the co-op and online games just work much better on the 360 from my experience. Exclusives have not been an issue for me as I own both systems, but I have to admit I love the Gears of War series and Mass Effect (no longer exclusive to the 360/Windows) and Forza 3 blows away Gran Turismo 5 in my opinion (I have both). I cannot wait for Forza 4

I hope this helps. My PS3 largely goes unused unless certain friends come over with some games I may not have they want to play/co-op. I have a stand-alone blu-ray player which I like more than using the PS3 for.

There's very little reason to not go with Xbox. Playstation has a few good exclusives, but so does Xbox, and most of the games that are on both systems look and play better on Xbox. Plus it's got a far better controller, and better online services. I'd have recommended Xbox even before you said most of your friends play it, but with that factored in, it's a no-brainer.

A wise man once said..

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    There are only two questions you need to ask yourself:

1) Which console has more games I like (check out exclusives)?

and most importantly

2) What consoles do my real life friends own?

Nothing else matters, certainly not the opinions of half the frothing mad posters here
    Just youtube exclusive games. Anyway, good luck.

Ps: Ps3 dosent have sub-par games, neither xbox or neither Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzmatazz
    This is Razzmatazz from the future *kzzzzzchhh* I don't have much ti*kchhh* breaking up! Note *kzzz* self: don't try to read all *chhhhh* this thread *zzzzzkch*. It will consume approx*kzzzz* 25 years of your life *kzzchchh* You will learn abso*kzzz* nothing, it's not worth *chhhhh* LIVE, RAZZMAT*kzzzz* LIVE AND FORGET ABOUT THE TRANSPARENT HORSE *tchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post
    Warriors will get Concentration Shout! When he shouts at you, you are more concentrated ! ;p

Deleted
    consolefags... YOUR SYSTEM SUX!!! NO YOURS SYSTEM SUX!! ROOOAAAA

just stick to the PC master race

Please don't troll. -Seam
    Last edited by seam; 2011-09-26 at 02:06 AM.

i used to be an Xbox person when it came to consoles but i gotta go with ps3. microsoft just nickel and dimes you for every little thing nowadays
    End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i was u i would go with the 360. its 1st party games is awsome, specially the halo series... halo reach was amazing imo, and i cant wait for halo 4 and CE remake.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ya, and its too bad I had to return my PS3 3 times because of the red ring of death....o wait..

Anyways, Sony gave out free shit. Wipeout HD is AWESOME. As was InFamous
    Not going to get into this x360 vs ps3 debate.
    But if you are going to, don't go around misinforming him if you've no idea what you're talking about.
    RROD hasn't been an issue for about, 3-4 years now?