Deleted

Strange Alyzrazor tactic?

Hey guys, I was just looking through world of logs and came across this whilst comparing my flying dps...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=1522#Engine

Can someone tell me what the hell theyre doing? My log looks nothing like that!

Mage was fire, Got a 340k tick combustion, spread it to the adds in the burnout phase. Boss died shortly after.

?? I don't get? They got a fire mage, pal/dk as tanks... That's it?

They just kill it in one ground phase. Also they drag in the adds in the ground phase and the mage combustion + impact on to them to increase his WoL epeen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    Mage was fire, Got a 340k tick combustion, spread it to the adds in the burnout phase. Boss died shortly after.
    Ah so they had her down after one burn phase, it makes more sense now thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont know how to read logs =\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn View Post
    Would love to check but I don't speak that language.
    Definitely would have been fun looking at those massive ticks

i don't know how to read logs in Chinese =\

no really is there a way to switch languages
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ilam View Post
    i don't know how to read logs in Chinese =\

no really is there a way to switch languages
    No but you can see that the mage has done damage to two kinds of adds. One of them obviously is Alysrazor (the one with the most damage done to it). The other I believe is the adds than channel Alysrazor in the ground phase due to a) They have very little damage done, and only melee and b) 98% of their damage taken is from the mage. Hence the conclusion that he combustion + impacted onto them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already am amazed, when I finally got under 25% during a groundphase with extra damage taken (normally my Drain Soul is right after that second burnout), I had every single DoT totalling for about 100k per second, which is about 500k DPS for a very short while. I guess that infinitely stacking debuff from fire mages is just so OP, and when you actually get that to stack on the ads as well, you win, unless they are unkillable.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    They just kill it in one ground phase. Also they drag in the adds in the ground phase and the mage combustion + impact on to them to increase his WoL epeen.
    You probably don't know shit about fire mages. Or if you are a fire mage, you're probably one of those baddies who can't do even 100k dps and try to find a good excuse.

Long story short, it is REQUIRED to spread the dots on those druids to get 10% haste from pyromaniac talent; haste is multiplicative, so those 10% haste result in 1+ million EXTRA combustion damage on alysrazor herself (thus making it 'useful' damage) and also add a lot of ticks to LB.

You can correct people without insulting them. - Herecius
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-09-16 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    I already am amazed, when I finally got under 25% during a groundphase with extra damage taken (normally my Drain Soul is right after that second burnout), I had every single DoT totalling for about 100k per second, which is about 500k DPS for a very short while. I guess that infinitely stacking debuff from fire mages is just so OP, and when you actually get that to stack on the ads as well, you win, unless they are unkillable.
    Usually we send up myself, shadow priest, and a fire mage but we had an affli lock go up and even though he was totally new to flying he was saying he was getting mad drain soul ticks but I dont think you can top a fire mage on alys for OP-ness

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    You probably don't know shit about fire mages. Or if you are a fire mage, you're probably one of those baddies who can't do even 100k dps and try to find a good excuse.

Long story short, it is REQUIRED to spread the dots on those druids to get 10% haste from pyromaniac talent; haste is multiplicative, so those 10% haste result in 1+ million EXTRA combustion damage on alysrazor herself (thus making it 'useful' damage) and also add a lot of ticks to LB.
    You should probably do that before your combustion rather than after if you're doing it for the haste buff shouldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    How come and everyone got Taiwanese letters but he have english ?

Couldn't find him in armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    You should probably do that before your combustion rather than after if you're doing it for the haste buff shouldn't you?
    Yes, if a Fire mage was strictly concerned with damage to Alysrazor and not padding the meters then they'd impact before Combustion, not after.

Also, I've never done 100k on Alysrazor ... probably because I'm bad. Either that or maybe that the rest of my guild isn't bad enough to need 2 burn phases to kill it.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-09-16 at 12:51 PM.

I have a guide on how to get 350k+ ignites/combustions here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Comb-by-Logoz