Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Nova - I finally found a place for it =)

So last night I was running Zul Gurub and just between the final 2 bosses on that bridge where you get rushed by 20 or so non elites, I spammed holy nova and it was glorious. This opens up a whole new world for this spell besides being my critter killer extraordinaire. I can already see myself using it on the non elites in stonecore, and ..... well .... er......other places too.

It's too bad, because I think it's kind of a neat spell but there really isn't any use to it right now. Oh well, maybe I'll find another spot for it.

Oh and it was Zul Aman as someone pointed out.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2011-09-16 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you figured out that you can kill a big pack of non-elite mobs quickly by using an AoE spell?
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Is this your blog or something? I guess you want us to discuss where Holy Nova is effective? Personally I use it to heal small amounts of AoE damage in 5-mans and in PvP to get that instant heal, it's also nice to break stealth with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    So you figured out that you can kill a big pack of non-elite mobs quickly by using an AoE spell?
    ^ pretty much this

It is also good when farming pirates for "The Insane"

Deleted
    Mind sear does a lot more dmg if you don't take in account the healing and you just wanna aoe...plus you can do it on the tank and it's mobile aoe. Both can be used to get stealthers out.

10+ Year Old Account
    :] I think you mean ZA.

Deleted
    Usefull thread is usefull !

Facts about holy nova !

It can be used in aggro-sensitive fights to avoid getting aggro.
    Holy Nova generates no threat. However, it will put you on the aggro table, so if no other player is attacking a mob, the mob will attack you.
    Its mana cost is very high, so avoid spamming it if you will need to heal after you hit it a few times.
    Holy Nova was originally a 31-point holy talent, and has been subject to many tweaks over time, including changes in cooldown, mana cost, and actual effect.
    In sovjet Russia non elites holy nova you !

But why ?

Who doesnt wanna kill/heal stuff with shiny magical yellow gum bubbles. Besides it gives high level priests(non shadow) the ability to pew pew low lvl mobs for farming.

Pew pew holy nova i choose u

One day i discovered you could walk forward using W.

Deleted
    Holy nova is useful in pvp, breaks stealth and if it crits it activates divine aegis

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, do you guys kick puppies too. Come on people lighten up.

And yes, yes it is a useless thread and now that you've contributed to it, you are apart of it.

Deleted
    I find Holy Nova rather useful as a filler heal whilst doing the engulfing flames dance on Rag HC. The amount it can heal for is rather nice.

Deleted
    Always found it to be great in PvP for getting the odd stealther out without an MS.
    Not just this, in node capping matches, it can be vital to protecting your node if no one else is able to.

<3 holy nova !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post

And yes, yes it is a useless thread and now that you've contributed to it, you are apart of it.
    Yes i kick puppies aswell. Fun stuff.

The spell was pretty good on Anub in ToC.

Oh well, this still is a better thread than asking what race to play for a certain class.

I use Holy Nova in BWL in the section where you walk really slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I was surprised to see so many dickish responses that discourage posting and errode any sense of community. There is already a place on the web for elitist jerks.

10+ Year Old Account

Kicking puppies is fun. I like upping my post count. In all seriousness though, Holy nova can be fun, and like every spells has it's uses at certain times.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

its also nice to AOE bomb flags in Arathi Basin/Battle for Gilneas/Eye of the Storm with

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I lead an inconsequential existance, and tend to be a social reject... so in order to tend to my insecurities I use the anonymity of forums to criticize its users.