Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I personally enjoy a "cloth mousepad with a rubber bottom" for my infrared mouse, for a couple reasons really.

-It's soft and comfortable when I rest dangling fingers while not in heavy use (mainly pinky)
    -It's warm as opposed to a cold desk
    -It's clean, and easy to wash. Smooth desks usually get dusty/dirty/scummy over time
    -Without a mousepad, dirt easily builds up under the small mouse "feet"
    -No mouse pad will scuff up your desk over a long period of use

Yes perhaps I'm just being anal, but it's the little things in life right? And besides mousepads are super cheap and last a few years before they wear out and get fuzzies/lint ball buildup.

I'd recommend one of the oversized slim mousepads, I'm currently using a Steelseries (some available @ Blizzard store, 12" X 10.5"). You don't have to get from Blizzard, you can get a decent mousepad with your favorite picture/game from just about computer outlet. A picture / game scene you like is just going to be the key

I got the Steelseries because I was ordering gifts at the time, and I'd say it was good quality. Spilt beer all over it a couple times and it washes out nicely without screwing up the fabric

15+ Year Old Account
    As no one mentioned it yet: Roccat Taito mouse mat

It's HUGE (i barely use a quarter of it), but it works well with my G9x. I have it since about 6 months and i can't complain about the quality. Only a slight discoloration at the place where my wrist sits, but the surface itself hasn't suffered one bit. Also i don't notice any fraying on the edges, which i have seen with a lot of cheap cloth mouse pads.

The price tag of $19.99 seems a bit high on newegg... i got mine for like 12 euro or something.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet