Deleted

[Music] Plagarism becoming more usual?

Hello fellas,

Is it only me that's noticed that plagarism has become more usual? A lot of song is sampled by older songs and melodies. Personally, I think an artist should create his/her own work and be proud of it. Copying someone else's work is kind of like stealing I would say. Not to mention the copyright and the "rules" in the music industry. For example, Flo Rida's "Good Feeling" got released two weeks go and the whole melody is stolen from Aviciis "Levels" and even Etta James vocals from "Somethings got a hold on me" released ages ago. It's almost like all songs are being recycled because the melodies are running out. For example:

Flo Rida; Good Feeling
    Avicii; Levels
    Etta James; Something's got a hold on me

Give me your opinions about plagarism

it might just be that you know more songs from more generations than you used to. loads of songs are similar to other songs. watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co9mW_9hH2g

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    it might just be that you know more songs from more generations than you used to. loads of songs are similar to other songs. watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co9mW_9hH2g
    Haha, that was very entertaining and interesting

Yeah it should be plagiarism, I've had enough too. Earlier today I heard "like a prayer" (Madonna) redone by some guy on the radio. ON THE RADIO. WTF. It didn't have nearly the artistic style of the original artist. It sounded rather bad, I changed the channel.

Yet I'm sure some young'in will listen to it and say, "wow what a great original work".

Grrr.. No. No. No. No.

If only most artists of today had more class instead of a desire for money. Remember when creativity was stylish? Seems artists today merely grew up file "sharing". They don't know what originality is.

Can't blame them. Hollywood has just been pumping out remake after remake, apparently to set an example.

Good grief, why do people buy movie tickets to watch a remake?
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-16 at 10:23 PM.