[Music] How does one get into DJing?

Hey all, I've been aching to get into remixing and eventually DJing and I'm coming to you for advice. That is what programs you would recommend, any equipment that is needed for starting producing.

A little background: I've always loved music and immersed myself in it, but I never had the time or interest to learn how to play the guitar. In my junior year of high school I bumped into Electronic music and fell in love with it. It unlocked a whole new universe of music and musical potential which I desperately needed at that point (seriously fuck the radio). Anyway, my musical taste progressively evolved from House (Tiesto) to Trance, and then DnB. Early on in my senior year of high school I got into the Bass genre scene. I was the first one in my area to even know what Dubstep was and I still avidly listen to it. Today my taste has grown to incorporate all of the previous subcategories and with the start of my Freshman year of college I'm ready to start attempting to contribute and making my own music.

With that said I don't know where to start.. someone suggested FruityLoops but I'm turning to a larger audience that may contain some actual DJs or producers of Electronic Music (House/DnB/Techno/Dubstep/anything). Please and thank you

TL;DR: I'm looking for advice for starting to produce/remix my own tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

Deleted
    I am confused.

Do you want to produce or DJ?

There are several guides on the internet, read n practice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recommend FL studio (fruity loops) but it is expensive [unless you're a pirate]. Try a demo (though the demo shows like 5% of how awesome it is with plugins and sounds that you can download).
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Sorry if I wasn't clear.. my knowledge of the complete meanings of the terms themselves is hurpdurp. I'm looking to get into more of remixing off them bat via some program, then progressively moving towards making my own tracks and then maybe eventually start DJing for my schools radio station (maybe have my own little hour long segment x-times a week) and maybe.. MAYBE moving on to do a live show somewhere. I love watching live concerts of dubstep, etc. in little clubs where the crowds going fucking nuts.

What I'm looking to know is what programs should I start out with for Remixing songs (FL was mentioned already so I guess thats semi-covered) and what equipment I may eventually need to start making bigger tracks or playing live or whatnot.. I see people like Deadmau5 for example who have HUGE amounts of just equipment used to make all different modifications to sounds and stuff and while I'm obviously not as pro as them I'm curious as to whats necessary and whats just for giggles&shits.

Thanks for your responses and those to come!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilic View Post
    Thanks for your responses and those to come!
    Honestly, go look at www.ocremix.com and ask some questions there. Maybe not the style you're looking for, but you'll probably find better info there.