Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    if someone invades your home you have the right to self defend (the homeowner could not see if he was armed or not)

Yeah, lots of things usually add up in cases like this. Was he stabbed in the front or back, was it inside the house, where in the house, and other things. Laws are kinda mixed about this subject throughout the world. There's one thing that kinda just confuses the hell out of me about breaking into a place though, its illegal but he has the right to do it safely. Just like that guy who fell down the skylight and cut his leg open on the kitchen knife and sued and won money from the person he was there to try and rob! Its all just bs in this day and age really.

Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    I'd rather him be finished right there then let him leech money in jail for the next 15 years
    The person in question who get executed was a teenager. He still had hope of redemption. The kid was on teh floor bleeding from a bulletwound to the head. The pharmacist (happened a pharmacy, obviously) went back into a store. Reoaded, walked to the kid on the floor and shoot him. It was a cold blooded execution.

The fool of pharmacist ruined his life with that lone act. He deserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

Wow, yea I have a feeling there not going to charge the home owner.

Quote Originally Posted by RincrowTheOmnipotent View Post
    The fool of pharmacist ruined his life with that lone act. He deserved it.
    Sounds like they both paid the price for their poor decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post
    It's like that in the UK...

There are some garden plots near where I live, some guys plot kept getting broken into, so he put up barbed wire to stop people from getting in.

The police told him he had to take it down, becasue if anyone tried to break in and injured themselves on it, then they would be able to prosocute him -.-
    Now THAT is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviat View Post
    Retarded. This was some scenario described in the movie Liar Liar. Never actually happened. Don't try to pass things off a being true when it's from a fictional movie.
    Except, you know, how its true. Stop being so ignorant and basing the world off of your own country and if its not normal to you, "then it must be a movie plot!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxytrott View Post
    everything past the point of incapacitating the burglar is violence and should be judged accordingly.
    So... what if you can't incapacitate the burglar. You say, "Screw it, I don't wanna go to jail, shoot me."?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    Once you cross that threshold to enter an individuals domain you accept all recourses that come to you even death if that be the case. The homeowner doesnt know your intentions whatever they maybe so when anyone is in your house you have to reason they're there to do harm to you or your family. There is no..."Oops, you caught me off to jail I go" when you decide to break into someones home...theres only harsh reality.
    Yup, you would think a burglar would know that within the realm of possibilities contains death...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    As they said they're aren't sure who was armed and armed with what. If someone breaks into your house with a knife the only thing you should attack him with is a knife or with something of equivalent damage. If someone breaks into your house with a gun then it's pretty much fair game for whatever you can get your hands on. This way you can't really get charged because of an idiot burglar. He had a knife I grabbed a knife and it was a fair fight he lost and that's his fault.

you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    that isnt the law everywhere, in most places you can only use " reasonable force" - which pretty much means beating the shit out of them is cool, but not killing them

which i kind of agree with, a lot of the people robbing homes are drug addicts or people in hard times that have made bad decisions in order to remedy their situation, prison time or correctional courses could benefit the person more, and hopefully return them to a function member of society.
    It is not just to kill someone robbing you, no court in the world would sentence someone to death for robbery.
    Just because somebody sucks at life and does everything wrong doesn't give them the right to break into my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    Sounds like they both paid the price for their poor decisions.
    I find it disturbing that you would put the pharmacist murdering someone on the same level as stealing. The kid didn't deserve to die, he simply deserved to goto jail.

Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    Except, you know, how its true. Stop being so ignorant and basing the world off of your own country and if its not normal to you, "then it must be a movie plot!"
    Lol, seeing as how the EXACT scenario described was said in the movie, yea. Post a reliable source with proof or gtfo with your ignorant urban myth peddling.

The thing is in most first world countries, if the courts come to the conclusion that you used excessive force your facing jail time. Personally I think its retarded. But then again this stuff really is a case by case basis.

If a burglar brakes into a house ,and lets say who ever was inside panicked, when the burglar threatened him. Victim ran into kitchen, burglar chased after him/her. Victim gets knifes defends themselves, burglars dies. The victim shouldn't face any charges.

Burglar is stealing from a shed. Homeowner gets gun, burglars runs for it, homeowner takes careful aim shots the guy in the head. Courts will decide that he used wwwwaaayyyyy too much excessive force. Facing jail time.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    As they said they're aren't sure who was armed and armed with what. If someone breaks into your house with a knife the only thing you should attack him with is a knife or with something of equivalent damage. If someone breaks into your house with a gun then it's pretty much fair game for whatever you can get your hands on. This way you can't really get charged because of an idiot burglar. He had a knife I grabbed a knife and it was a fair fight he lost and that's his fault.
    unless you've had training with a knife, it's a very poor weapon for you. real life isn't like the movies. i got attacked by a guy with a knife and he ended up with a broken arm and missing teeth, i got stabbed in my lower back in my pelvis which literally did very little damage. he stabbed me and dropped it.

don't assume the person with the knife doesn't know a whole helluva lot more what to do with it than you do. plan on him killing you and act accordingly. i could have been stabbed about 1" higher and lost a kidney

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviat View Post
    Retarded. This was some scenario described in the movie Liar Liar. Never actually happened. Don't try to pass things off a being true when it's from a fictional movie.
    Haha I was looking for a video on it to just quote him word for word from the movie.
    OT: I read about a burglererererer who broke into someones garage and locked himself in there for 10 days. At the time the family was on vacation and locked all the doors etc... Well aparently the burglerererere couldn't find a way out so he had to live off of dog food which was in the garage till the family got home. When the family arrived and found him, they had him arrested and charged for burgerlerlerlelrelrey. The burglererer sued them right after for lack of proper food. When it all finished, the burglereerer won the case and made bank off of the family.
    (Just FYI I cannot spell burglar for the life of me)

The actual right as to when and under what circumstances you are allowed by law to defend yourself differ from state to state in the US! In my state, they have to be at least 6 feet inside your residence and be a risk to life and limb before you are allowed to defend yourself, and by that they mean restraining the criminal to incapacitating him! You cannot beat him until he unconscious and then kill him regardless if you were in danger or not, you will be facing involuntary manslaughter charges at the least if not murder charges! If it is in your defense that you accidentally kill him you still will be charged w/ involuntary manslaughter! There is one time and under one circumstance only that you can lawfully kill another human being and that is as a military personnel during war while participating in said war! If done at any other point you are subject to the full force of the law! You cannot legally kill anyone at anytime as a civilian and not have a day in court to at the very least prove your case of defense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as nations have the right to defend against aggressive foreign invaders, so too should that right apply to your home. If the only legal course of action is established to be "run away", then there's really no point in owning a home, locking your doors, or heck, not just taking what you want from others to bring with. Personal property is an extension of myself, and I have a right to defend anything on my property, be it my car, my dog or my favorite necktie. If I can not have this expectation as a property owner, then we might as well let the government own everything for us.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

How can you tell if there's 1 or more burglars? If they just want to steal your stuff or kill and rape you? How can you be truely sure he doesnt have a gun on him? There's no chance to take, the burglar got wat he deserved.