Deleted

Arcane, Conserve phase question

as the topic stats. when you are in the conserve phase, and holding around 85-95% mana. how is your rotations at this point? are you keeping 4 AB stacks and but not spam em? are you channeling AM with Arcane Blast combo, are you using Arcane Blast with Barrage. what is the way to go here. ofc it can be different between fights but generly.

thanks in beforehand for answers

10+ Year Old Account
    Conserve phase: ABx4-AM repeat until ~30s left on evocate then burn phase again assuming CDs are up as well. ABr is meant to be used while moving not as part of a standard rotation.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect... finally we have it, the 'one-size-fits-all' arcane rotation...

There is no rotation to the conserve phase. The goal here is to use AB as much as possible while clearing your stacks with missiles to keep your mana between 85-95%. Using a strict rotation here will not work for anyone. You'll either end up going to low or staying too high by the end of the phase.

Key is to watch your mana bar.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me during my conserve phase I rotate between ABx1-4--->AM. The number of stacks is based on what percentage mana I have at the moment and if I have any sort of dps proc or buff. When you have a proc/buff you want to use more AB and when you are getting lower on mana you want to let your stacks go a bit lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as the poster above me said, there is no set rotation, only a goal. Keep your mana above 90%, Ideally 95%, without capping out at 100%.
    In my gear, that is usually ABx4-5-> AM, if I see I have a proc I will go ABx6-7 or more while staying above 85% mana(This is a mini burn) then go to an ABx3-4-> AM set.

Now this works for me, for you conserve might be ABx3 dump every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Search for a addon called manabarmanagement, or something along those lines. Helped me a ton because of all the intellect increase procs it can be sometimes annoying to tell the real % of your mana. This addon will help you keep you organized with your mana, its not on curse I found a link from a post on her so give it a search!

Cookie cutter conserve phase is ABx4 > AM as everyone has stated above. Reason why this isn't a set in stone rotation is sometimes you will get a big Mage Armor tick that will bring you back to 100% mana in the middle of the conserve rotation or you may get a Clearcasting proc's as well. Sometimes I can very well get 6-7 AB's off before im at 90% mana and ready to use Arcane Missiles. And like Saegno said above if I get a proc I will sometimes dip my mana lower than 85%. So basically use your best judgement.

I also highly recommend this addon as it will show your mana % while keeping procs in mind. For example DMC:V cause my mana to drop by about 20% of proc which can throw you off if you don't see the the buff. As also mentioned there's no real "rotation" you get as many ABs in as you can without dropping below 90%. The exact amount will vary based on buffs, clearcast procs and other such things. Sometimes I get as many as 6 casts, sometimes 3. It's about responding to procs and mana shield pulses.
    Last edited by Kenasan; 2011-09-17 at 05:33 AM.

Deleted
    hehe well, thanks for the answers, and iam using magemanabar and all. i know how to handle the conserve phase but i was curious how you was doing it i know there isnt a right answer