22 8.15%
  • Raid Theme

69 25.56%
  • What Blizzard feels represents the class

63 23.33%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ardipithecus11 View Post
    Okay, let's play a little game here. Let's pretend I'm fighting a new boss called The Derpmaster. Now, my average DPS throughout the fight is 25k, and the fight lasts roughly 5 minutes and a couple seconds. In theory, that would land me on the 7.5m damage threshold in a variable free environment. Now here comes the fun part. Let's say I DarkSim an ability called Derpocalypse. Said ability deals 200k with your 500% boost, and I do it every minute of the fight, that is, 5 times. By the end of the fight my Derpocalypse attacks together deal a million damage. Now tell me that isn't OP.

On a different note, This: read my edit.
    What? You know that if a 500% change went through blizz will balance spells that can be DSed around it.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    This guy spoke truth... Stop trolling.

They are based on random things. Lock's is based on an ulduar's boss, warrior's on deathwing, mage's on gnomes (wtf???), druid's on "special shrooms" apparently cause I can't see why else, we get this butt fugly just-a-notch-above-WotLK-blues tier, if the designers were not simply high....
    Locks on Ulduar's boss?
    You mean Old Gods? The Old Gods have been all over Cataclysm(Ashenvale, Twilight Highlands, Cho'gall boss fight), just not as a boss. Deathwing became what he is today due to the Old Gods driving him crazy. So wouldn't say the warlock theme is random.

Warrior around a Cataclysm boss, Deathwing obviously.

Mages is based on their new Cataclysm ability; Time Warp.

Druids around their Cataclysm ability, Wild Mushrooms.

Too me it's not random. It is still based around things that is new in Cataclysm. In these cases, bosses and new abilites.

On a different note, This: read my edit.
    well tbh your edit was after my post so.....

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems like they are making it up as they go along, there's nothing wrong with that, but they seem to be spouting some right rubbish around. I loved how they described how each tier set has a style:

Warriors have spikes, we like that. We added spikes. Ultima approves.
    Warlock are funky. We like to make them look fucked up when possible. Ultima approves.
    Druids we said nothing about the set or previous sets. Problem? Ultima is confused.
    Shamans work with elements and animals. We gave them that. Ultima understands.
    Mages are fun to not look like casters. Gnomes can be Mages, let's make Mages Steam Punk. Ultima is confused, but approves.

And then "Oh, yeah. We based them on abilities they learned in Cata. Time Warp, yeah?". Of course, this is in my biased opinion and my posting reflects that.

Twilight Father, Archbishop Benedictus-themed
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Gief a set with grippling ghost arms reaching out around us! :O

Spirit Healer themed set is still my guess. Shadow gets to be an Angel of Death.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Spirit Healer themed set is still my guess. Shadow gets to be an Angel of Death.
    They will probably not do one set for each role. Sadly.
    I feel like having one set for each roles (dps/healer) would solve the "This looks to soft for a shadow priest" or "This isn't healing, this is grim" etcetc though, so I would love it blizzard went that way.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    They will probably not do one set for each role. Sadly.
    I feel like having one set for each roles (dps/healer) would solve the "This looks to soft for a shadow priest" or "This isn't healing, this is grim" etcetc though, so I would love it blizzard went that way.
    Not quite what I intended. If Spirit Healer (Spirit of Redemption) was put into Shadowform, that alone would make it into an Angel of Death. It plays into both ends of the spectrum.

Discipline, however, still wouldn't have its full "feel" fromit, but whatever. They smell funny anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locris View Post
    PRIESTS GET WINGS FOR t13. You heard it here first.
    Wings are amazing, but on a side note, designing sets around abilities is a pretty neat idea. Wonder what a PW:S set would look like?
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    Wings are amazing, but on a side note, designing sets around abilities is a pretty neat idea. Wonder what a PW:S set would look like?
    Tier 8, actually. Discipline is all about inner focus (u c wut i did thar?), and meditation (feeling very punny today). It's not about the Light and your connection to the Cosmos. You draw from yourself, using your own mental capacity to shield your allies and protect them from harm. A set that's not "OMG IM AN ANGEL" or completely Shadow based, Discipline's strongest looking set was definitely tier 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhbane View Post
    Can't wait for the hunter set being based around camoflage! "Emperor's new clothes" anyone? All hunters will walk around naked <3
    Nah, probably we will be lady Vashj.
    As for priests.... Benedictus is my bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Not quite what I intended. If Spirit Healer (Spirit of Redemption) was put into Shadowform, that alone would make it into an Angel of Death. It plays into both ends of the spectrum.

Discipline, however, still wouldn't have its full "feel" fromit, but whatever. They smell funny anyways.
    if they would fix it so that shadow form actually made you look more evil/grim instead of more purple and see though.... and they made chakra make you look more Holy instead of the circles on the ground around you.... then that would be good cause then discipline would just be the armor look ....

Shadow is evil? Since when? There've been just as many "evil" characters wielding Light than there has been with Shadow. It is balance, knowing that all things die, and some need to sooner so others "live" (or exist, in the Forsaken's case).

Shadow is grim, yes. Inherently evil? Far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    if they would fix it so that shadow form actually made you look more evil/grim instead of more purple and see though.... and they made chakra make you look more Holy instead of the circles on the ground around you.... then that would be good cause then discipline would just be the armor look ....
    Shadowform making us look like a shadow does seem rather thematically appropriate as well as making sense, and as for Chakra, it always put me in mind of a Bhuddist Mandala in motion, which would also be perfectly appropriate for the class and talent spec, not to mention the talent name.

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Personally I'd rather have it based off on (Dark) Archangel for Shadow and Healing with a little different colour schemes and big wings on the back which look a little torn if you're Shadow, and angelic if you're a healer.

Guardian Spirit! Or Spirit of Redemption.
    " "People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the !$@% to build cars" " - hazer221

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    druid shrooms are trainable... they're not a talent i believe.. so ALL druids have it @ 85
    While this may be true, I recall Blizz mentioning something about RESTO Druids being the target demographic for gear (seeing how they fucked up our form) and since Restos don't use shroomie, they should have said ''fuck the ability or raid look a like, let's make it look Resto Druidy instead of mushrooms that look like crystals''

As for Priests, Probally Benedictus look a like, or they could make something to do with Leap of Faith (Assassin's Creed's Altaïr refference armor maybe? )
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-09-23 at 02:44 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know only disc priests get it.... but I want a PW:B themed set.... Idk why, i just think it would be awesome and shiny.

Though, I'm betting it's going to be boss themed, and not so much ability themed

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, let's play a little game here. Let's pretend I'm fighting a new boss called The Derpmaster. Now, my average DPS throughout the fight is 25k, and the fight lasts roughly 5 minutes and a couple seconds. In theory, that would land me on the 7.5m damage threshold in a variable free environment. Now here comes the fun part. Let's say I DarkSim an ability called Derpocalypse. Said ability deals 200k with your 500% boost, and I do it every minute of the fight, that is, 5 times. By the end of the fight my Derpocalypse attacks together deal a million damage. Now tell me that isn't OP.

you are my hero