Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jan'alai healing issues as holy

Hi

I feel like im running my head against a brick wall...

2 times now the tank got completely squashed during this encounter, 1 time was a deathknight tank and second time a paladin tank. Both had decent gear as far as i know (pugs).

I feel a little overwhelmed since i healed this several times on my paladin without any troubles.

Basicly i spam everything i got, keeping pom on cd, renew up, holy word when ready, and spamming gheals on the tank.
    If there is 2 "rounds" of dragonhawks i usually use guardian spirit on 1 of them... not matter what at some point i just can't keep up the healing.

I may have been unlucky they stood in fire or something, but after about 5 attempts total and no progress im afraid to try again

One of the tanks told me to spec disc which i don't wanna do.

my ilvl is about 350.. mana is usually not the issue, but more the lack of healing on the tank. I have a standard spec... going for haste/spirit/mastery but since my gear is not perfect there is still some way to go. I have healed all heroics otherwise without any major issues...

any advice or ideas ?

cleanse the fire stacks off the tank that the adds put on him.

Deleted
    Use the other Chakra.

i'm using serenity... is it viable to cleanse the stacks ?

The tanks were probably not using their cooldowns at the right time. When did they die? Was it when the boss had enraged and there was still 20+ adds on them? that'd squash even the best geared tanks if they dont use cooldowns.

Or maybe they were standing on firebombs, those can severely cut your hp down.

It really comes down to if you know you are playing your class well enough to beat that boss, and you apparently are if you have done it with ease before, then there is some other factor you aren't taking into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    i'm using serenity... is it viable to cleanse the stacks ?
    you have to cleanse the tanks

Being totally one-sided on this. Did ANY DPS worried about the massive amounts of Dragonhawks? Slightly competent tanks can snore through Jan'alai, standing out of fire and putting him in position easy for the rest of group to avoid. But NO tank or healer can withstand Dhawks for long.

But "common sense" says DPS can screw up, because there are 3 and no one will notice. Well... That's BS.

As for DK tanks - they tend to get squished there if they misstime their CD.. Well my DK sometimes just gets to 0 in 2 secs.
    But ye - remember to cleanse the stacks of the tank or the adds will eat him, they increase the fire dmg he takes - and he will take a lot of dmg there..

hmm probably didnt cleanse enough then... will try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    hmm probably didnt cleanse enough then... will try that next time.
    I usually cleanse once every 5 stacks and it will take all the stacks off

I never cleanse the tanks on that fight :s, I just spam heal them and expect them to use their common sense and pop a cooldown (which they do )

Well as a tank one thing that can hurt is not paying attention to the fire. When he does his flame breath at a random member it actualy starts under him. If he's standing at normal melee distance when he does it the tank will be right on the edge of the fire and start geting fried if he does not take a half step backward. Particularly if theres a bunch of Dhawks building stacks and blocking the tanks view its easy to go down fast. Still tank needs to use his CD's. I find most groups with decent DPS will push him to release all before that first hatcher has finished so you get one side all at once, more if DPS are lazy and not killing off the first side as they come out.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    cleanse the fire stacks off the tank that the adds put on him.
    Doing that is a waste of mana and time. The firehawks can put up a debuff amount of anywhere from 5-60. Depends on how many are out at a time and what the dps is like. Everytime you go to dispel 1 stack, another one is added plus you lost time healing. You are better off just healing them. The only time debuff actually makes a difference is if your tank stands in fire. Otherwise it won't hurt him at all. Well....unless he stands in a firewall on the outer edge or gets hit by a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Well as a tank one thing that can hurt is not paying attention to the fire. When he does his flame breath at a random member it actualy starts under him. If he's standing at normal melee distance when he does it the tank will be right on the edge of the fire and start geting fried if he does not take a half step backward. Particularly if theres a bunch of Dhawks building stacks and blocking the tanks view its easy to go down fast. Still tank needs to use his CD's. I find most groups with decent DPS will push him to release all before that first hatcher has finished so you get one side all at once, more if DPS are lazy and not killing off the first side as they come out.
    This shouldn't be an issue at all. As he breaths you should be moving him anyway, so it doesn't hit you or the melee that have to be behind him. Dragonhawks shouldn't be "blocking" your view. You simply move as soon as you see the cast starting and your issue is adverted. Only time I really even use cooldowns is when all of one side is released at once, or if they were stupid and killed both in the first phase. Even then the only cooldown I use is Guardian of Ancient Kings and then pop a Divine Guardian for the group.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-09-17 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    I never cleanse the tanks on that fight :s, I just spam heal them and expect them to use their common sense and pop a cooldown (which they do )
    Unless you have lower DPS and tanks run out of CDs on firth hatcher.. I once stacked to nearly 100 stacks and basicly as soon as my CD ran out - dead.
    The no cleansing works if you have crappy tank that doesn't tank the adds - then the debuff doesn't stack quickly enough. If he's competent and gets all the adds on him - he will get a lot of unnecessary dmg. Basicly if I die while having over 40 stacks the healers gets kicked. It's this debuff that makes the fight hard to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Doing that is a waste of mana and time. The firehawks can put up a debuff amount of anywhere from 5-60. Depends on how many are out at a time and what the dps is like. Everytime you go to dispel 1 stack, another one is added plus you lost time healing. You are better off just healing them. The only time debuff actually makes a difference is if your tank stands in fire. Otherwise it won't hurt him at all. Well....unless he stands in a firewall on the outer edge or gets hit by a bomb.
    60 stacks of 3% fire damage taken is def not worth cleansing.

Cleanse once, they are all gone..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You remove all stacks with 1 dispell. So if a player has 40 stacks on him - 1 dispell and he has 0 stacks.

When you dispell it dispells ALL the stacks on the tank.

Not dispelling is a waste of time and mana.

60 stacks of 3% fire damage taken is def not worth cleansing.

Cleanse once, they are all gone..
    Really, my cleanse must be broken then because the stacks stay and only diminish by one. Again it doesn't matter either way, the only fire attack he does is the breath and if your take stands in it then they should die to begin with.

i love the people that have never healed this fight, probably any fight in cata giving advice because they think they are special snowflakes, stop being an idiot and if you dont know the 100% answer then don't be an idiot and guess

i love the people that have never healed this fight, probably any fight in cata giving advice because they think they are special snowflakes, stop being ann idiot and if you dont know the 100% answer then don't be an idiot and guess
    I've healed this fight more times than I care to count on my priest both as holy and disc. Not to mention every Cata dungeon there is. Plus when I'm tanking I can sit there and see my stacks diminish 1 by 1 from a cleanse.