Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Nice try bud. I use only the default party/raid frames. The part of my UI that it happened on was a power aura setting and decursive both. Yet they both showed the same thing as the default UI.
    One dispell has removed all stacks aslong as I have been doing the boss which is since release of the dungeons if you don't know the mechanics don't comment on them.
    remove the stacks if you don't the tank might suddenly die know this from my DK when I tank it, if I have all CDs ready to go when the hawks come I can survive quite a bit but when they are up I'll drop.

you wanna have heals flying to the tank when the hawks come and possibly a CD, but save guardian spirit for the second wave of adds and if the dps don't kill them, call them out on it.

I'll just bring explanation b into the discussion: if your tank stands in a fire breath while he has a whole side of hatched eggs and an enraged boss on him it's not healable.
    The tank getting squished may very well be related with things beyond your control as healer.

1) I like how the Druids are coming into a priest forum and saying OMFG Cleanse the Debuff. FFS Druids, your cleanse is bugged. Every other healing class cleanse will only remove one stacks. Nice to play an OP bugged class AMIRITE?
    2) If you are 350 geared, you should have no issue with the fight if it is done correctly. Just as it was the same fight at level 70 ten man, clear the adds first. AS THEY SPAWN. The hatcher only spawns four dragonhawks at once, and if the fight is done correctly, they should be dead and the debuff cleansed off the tank before the next four are at the tank.
    3) Do not try to over power the boss and burn him down quickly unless you have the extremley high AOE (30k Plus on all 3 DPS) and a bugged cleanse to handle a complete side at once.

Remember in Cata Mechanics > Gear.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    1) I like how the Druids are coming into a priest forum and saying OMFG Cleanse the Debuff. FFS Druids, your cleanse is bugged. Every other healing class cleanse will only remove one stacks. Nice to play an OP bugged class AMIRITE?
    Wrong. It's been like this on my Priest since 4.1 launched too. Both as Discipline and Holy. Or are you just not playing the same game as us, Apostolic?

Second, only about three adds die before they all seem to hatch from the first side when I tank it. Pop Shield Wall, shockwave comes back off cooldown, and DPS goes to town on blowing them all up at the same time. By the time the second group of adds dies, he's already shifting into his frenzy phase and almost dead (rather than waiting). Which is how you did the fight at 70, unless you were in a group that didn't even bother trying to speedrun for bears.

Nice try though.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-09-19 at 12:13 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Wrong. It's been like this on my Priest since 4.1 launched too. Both as Discipline and Holy. Or are you just not playing the same game as us, Apostolic?

Second, only about three adds die before they all seem to hatch from the first side when I tank it. Pop Shield Wall, shockwave comes back off cooldown, and DPS goes to town on blowing them all up at the same time. By the time the second group of adds dies, he's already shifting into his frenzy phase and almost dead (rather than waiting). Which is how you did the fight at 70, unless you were in a group that didn't even bother trying to speedrun for bears.

Nice try though.
    And Obviously you did not read what I said, don't burn him unless you have the DPS to handle it. Dont know if you pug much, but its hard to find DPS in pugs that can break 15k DPS AOE, much less 10k on the boss.

And yes, in BT geared bear runs, you could burn him down before the second sided hatched. However, in Kara gear you could not. But that is like being in full firelands geared guild group.

We are talking PUGs, which is the single most important point you missed. Slow down and do the dang fight correctly in a PUG, then you will not wipe 15 times.
    Last edited by Apostolic; 2011-09-19 at 12:28 AM.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

2) If you are 350 geared, you should have no issue with the fight if it is done correctly. Just as it was the same fight at level 70 ten man, clear the adds first. AS THEY SPAWN. The hatcher only spawns four dragonhawks at once, and if the fight is done correctly, they should be dead and the debuff cleansed off the tank before the next four are at the tank.
    3) Do not try to over power the boss and burn him down quickly unless you have the extremley high AOE (30k Plus on all 3 DPS) and a bugged cleanse to handle a complete side at once.

As a moderator, I would expect you to have a bit more knowledge of the fights(then again knowledge doesn't necessarily come with the status). On my priest(Sackorz - Frostwolf) and shaman(Shamorz - Frostwolf) one cleanse gets rid of all stacks, however on my druid(Algekevin - Frostwolf), cleans DOESN'T get all stacks. Bugged or not, this needs to be fixed and you should probably roll a resto druid before these horrible assumptions of calling a character "broken" lol.

In groups I am in, we kill ONE hatcher, PERIOD. By the time one side is gone Hatch All Eggs should come shortly. Tank pops cds at this time, you should try to as well(Guardian Spirit if it gets too close). Tell the tank to pull the boss to one side, let boss come to him and then move back a bit, this will avoid his fire at all time unless the dps/heals are in his los with the tank(which they shouldn't be, ever).

Btw, is my shaman broken now for cleansing multiple stacks?

And Obviously you did not read what I said, don't burn him unless you have the DPS to handle it. Dont know if you pug much, but its hard to find DPS in pugs that can break 15k DPS AOE, much less 10k on the boss.

And yes, in BT geared bear runs, you could burn him down before the second sided hatched. But that is like being in full firelands geared guild group. We are talking PUGs, which is the single most important point you missed. Slow down and do the dang fight correctly in a PUG, then you will not wipe 15 times.
    Okay, and most PuG DPS don't have the ability to target switch and burst an add down before it even melees someone, let alone hit four simultaneously every 4 seconds. Keep them on the boss until all the adds spawn, shift into AoE "blow them to hell" mode, and move on. It's simpler for PuGs that way. Tanks and healers be smart about their cooldowns, and surprise surprise, cleanse stacks when appropriate (I usually do when it goes to 10 stacks, follow through with a Mending and back to heavy heals).

I was doing that before Firelands came out. I'm still doing that today. Both my Priest, and my undergeared as heck Warrior. It is doing the fight correctly, and can be done in a PuG (I don't do premades, actually. PuGs are like my stress-break when I listen to music and be "by myself"). We're giving tips here to the OP on things that can be done to help improve his play, and why cleansing can work in the current PuG, and the fact is, you came in here and raged about "Druids being broken" when you can't even verify that it's worked like that since its re-implementation. Good job, pat yourself on the back.

hum .. are u High or something? ... 90k AoE dps required to burn all adds down and still manage to survive? ... either you suck as priest, or you are like the guy asking for Ilvl 380 for a BoT 10n pug. My priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...izzle/advanced wich kinda sucks and his played around 2-3 time per week recently can heal that fight extremely easy and EASYLY cover for dps doing around 15-17k dps (while burning the boss down AND BOTH SIDE spawn at once) then they kill the adds and finally the boss, the only issue i'm having while doing it, is that sometimes, during the heavy AoE phase, my computer will slightly lag a bit (usually only the sound going off a few sec

And yes, in BT geared bear runs, you could burn him down before the second sided hatched. However, in Kara gear you could not. But that is like being in full firelands geared guild group.

We are talking PUGs, which is the single most important point you missed. Slow down and do the dang fight correctly in a PUG, then you will not wipe 15 times.
    Again, this is a joke right? 15-20k AoE dps is enough to handle it all :\ ... my fury warrior (oki i'll agree, he his fully FL geared though) can usually take care of one side of add all by himself, sure, they may not die as soon as they spawn, but usually max 10sec and they are all down and i sure as hell ain't pushing 30k dps on that fight

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Okay, and most PuG DPS don't have the ability to target switch and burst an add down before it even melees someone, let alone hit four simultaneously every 4 seconds. Keep them on the boss until all the adds spawn, shift into AoE "blow them to hell" mode, and move on. It's simpler for PuGs that way. Tanks and healers be smart about their cooldowns, and surprise surprise, cleanse stacks when appropriate (I usually do when it goes to 10 stacks, follow through with a Mending and back to heavy heals).

I was doing that before Firelands came out. I'm still doing that today. Both my Priest, and my undergeared as heck Warrior. It is doing the fight correctly, and can be done in a PuG (I don't do premades, actually. PuGs are like my stress-break when I listen to music and be "by myself"). We're giving tips here to the OP on things that can be done to help improve his play, and why cleansing can work in the current PuG, and the fact is, you came in here and raged about "Druids being broken" when you can't even verify that it's worked like that since its re-implementation. Good job, pat yourself on the back.
    1) I never said "Do not cleanse", I said cleanse after ever wave. Heck, some pugs I run with, I never have to cleanse because the adds are taken care of first. So doing the mechanics correctly instead of powering your way though. Healed in on my freshly gear Holy Pali that way, in less the optimal gear.
    2) I can verify that on my Druid, you can cleanse 20 stack consistently. (Have not verified this on my priest or pali as I have not had the need to.)
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

2) I can verify that on my Druid, you can cleanse 20 stack consistently. (Have not verified this on my priest or pali as I have not had the need to.)
    But you "had the need" to call out that Druid's cleanse is "Broken" instead of working as intended, and launch an assault on posters here.

Right. Sit back down.

Deleted
    A group in ~350 average ilvl and playing smart can down the packs of hatchlings without being tanked nor being hit by them. Did it many times since the patch with so called "undergeared" (read=346-355) groups.

Clever use of frost-traps, ring of frost, mushrooms, earthbind-totems, knockbacks = easy win in this fight.

Both sides of hatchlings because of "burn him down" results in lags on older computers and in "bad sight" what firebrath/bombs concerns.

Today 9/10 dps doesn't care bout the hatchlings and leave the job of bringing them to death on the tank - who shares his burden with the healer. A suboptimal played tank and a "not so good" geared healer can get in problems there - just tell the dps, what they should do and whats your life making easier.

And whether i'm healing on my druid, priest or shaman - one cleanse=all stacks gone.

tl,dr:
    Tell dps to play it right, tell the tank to use cooldowns and not to stand in the fire, cleanse @5-10 Stacks debuff, dont let the burden of the whole world sit on your shoulders

I can vouch again that every single classes dispel will wipe the entiry of the stacks, it's a good idea to do this fairly frequently to avoid situations where the boss will aim at a melee or the tank will push up under the bosses hitbox while picking up adds, and thus find himself feeling the burn of the said debuff. If you aren't pushing the boss to transition (35%) prematurely and allow a single handler to do all the hatching the fight is very low damage if stacks are kept out of the equation.

Best of luck on your priest!

Deleted
    I think the problem most people are seeing is the stacks re-applied quite quickly when there are loads of adds so when you dispel and remove all stacks it's highly likely you will instantly see 10 or more re-applied.

As far as I have noticed the debuff doesn't really do much vs the adds or the boss alone but if his fire trail or orb things explode while people have a high stack count then you are looking at a lot of incoming damage.

So basically heal though damage and dispel the debuf when you feel your healing lacking on the tank, when the orbs spawn or before they spawn get remaining adds down and dispel till no one has any stacks.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-09-19 at 05:33 AM.

Deleted
    I do cleanse the tanks, incase they have the IQ of a spoon (which most DKs seem to have :P) - but yea if people are standing in fire and your gear isnt great, the fight can be challenging if youre new to healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefix View Post
    tl,dr:
    Tell dps to play it right, tell the tank to use cooldowns and not to stand in the fire, cleanse @5-10 Stacks debuff, dont let the burden of the whole world sit on your shoulders
    Said that twice, here. But "common knowledge" appears to be it's not damage dealers task. How I wish people weren't so stubborn and self-centered, and acted as a GROUP, as few of us think.

Deleted
    I seriously don't get the discussion on when to cleanse and when not to. as soon as you get out of your blue quest gear(which you are, since ZA/ZG require better gear than that) you have infinite mana as a healer anyway. so either you're healing wrong in the first place, in which case you may want to look for a guide on how to heal, or you want to end fights with 100% mana for some reason. personally, I cleanse whenever I feel like it cuz I don't care if I end the fight with 100% mana or 80% mana(while even with 80% mana left you don't have to drink till the next boss).

Don't have to cleanse that much if the dps is not racing and they let you kill the hawks little by little, rather than all of them or half of them at once -especially if aoe is low. The hawks add the fire damage increased, and if tank takes the fire cone, or stands too close and does not walk a little back to avoid it (it hits you even if you stand still and he faces away from you, at least me as bear tank). Shouldn't have problems or need to dispel that much at all then.

It also helps that people spread out so the cones don't hit more than 1 at a time, max. Also killing 1 hatcher and letting tank get with his behind toward the gate where new will come, using aoe to pick them up little by little, and having steady aoe dps killing them, usually that's what I do.

As for the dispelling, I can verify that my holy paladins cleanse will remove all the stacks.

I usually let them stack to 20-30 then dispell them.

Deleted
    Most common problem in this fight (when pugging) is simply dps not killing hatchling, instead they concentrate on boss. Even worse, some mages like to pop heroism from pull, and if dps is half decent, boss gets too low too fast and all adds are releases same time just in time when heroism ends

PS: one simple reason why priests are best healers for pugging: Fade... has saved my *** so many times

I've healed this fight many times on my priest. One day I came across a paladin tank that had been pretty much kicking butt. Knew what to do, when to expect what etc. We got to this fight and I couldn't keep up. Was popping every cooldown I had, I think I was ranging 17-20K hps and we kept wiping. After the third wipe we realized that the tank (who usually heals) didn't know that she had to take a step back after the line of flames gets laid on the floor. Since she didn't step back she was standing in fire the entire time. It wasn't healable, with the adds etc also on her. Check your logs, make sure that the number 1 damage dealt to the tank isn't that fire. Also, as has been mentioned previously, go ahead and dispel. I usually wait for 8+ stacks, they reapply so fast that if you dispel at less than 8 you're basically chain dispelling imo.