Computer for a friend. Need some tips for improving.

So my friend asked me to build a computer for him that should cost no more then: $1296,44 (or 939,86 Euro)

I've come up with this build so far and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it before i tell him to go buy it.

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
    Graphic: ASUS GTX560 Ti
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 3 x 2 GB (Changed to: Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 2 GB)
    HDD: WD Caviar Green WD20EARS 2 TB (Changed to: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1B)
    Power Supply: EPS-750W Ultra Silent
    Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (Removed since you told me he don't need it)
    Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S (Changed to: ASUS DRW 24B3LT)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus

The Price for all this (In my country) is about 826,81 €, or $1140,5

I'd love to get some input on how to improve the it.

Thanks

------Edit------

Forgot to mention. He'll be playing games on it mostly. Stuff like: WoW, LoL, Starcraft and maybe a few FPS games.

He's also got the Screen, Keyboard and Mouse he needs aswell.

------Edit 2------

Removed the Sound Card and changed the HDD.

Also changed the RAM
    Last edited by Wizie; 2011-09-17 at 04:25 PM.

Get a better case

Sounds fine to me, if you need to save a bit cut the sound card.

WOPS.. Lawl, didn't see that.. Let me edit that.

---Edit---

There, edited^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound cards aren't needed unless you want audiophile quality and you're using headphones (Creative ones aren't as good as Asus Xonar).
    Also change the drive, Caviar Green disks aren't OS drives. Get either a Caviar Black or a Samsung Spinpoint F3.

You need dual channel ram not triple channel. Get 2x2gb or 2x4gb.
    The HDD is terrible... you want a fast drive for the primary drive.. it makes a world of difference. I recommend a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb. If he needs more storage than that he can get that 2tb too as a secondary storage drive.
    Don't need a sound card... difference between integrated is only really noticeable if you do professional sound recording or have a REALLY expensive speaker setup.
    What case is that? You copied the same thing from the dvd drive.
    Never heard of EPS for power supplies before.. would recommend going with a known reliable brand like corsair/antec/seasonic... and 650w is plenty unless he's going to do sli/cf in the future.
    You also need to add an aftermarket cpu cooler to overclock with. CoolerMaster Hyper212+ is a good budget option which should give ~4.5ghz.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    the case is fine i just build 1 myself using the haf 912 +

but there isnt much space for upgrading graphic card in the future.

im using a gtx 590 and it was milimeters from not being able to fit in the case.

if i had went with the radeon 6990 it couldnt fit.

Get 2x4GB g-skill ripjaw ram and get a cavier black 1TB.

The sound card is not needed for that mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Get 2x4GB g-skill ripjaw ram and get a cavier black 1TB.

The sound card is not needed for that mobo.
    That RAM Isn't available in my country (At least not on the price comparison page I'm looking at. And is that HDD Better then the Samsung? Since the Samsung is way cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    That RAM Isn't available in my country (At least not on the price comparison page I'm looking at. And is that HDD Better then the Samsung? Since the Samsung is way cheaper.
    Spinpoint f3 and caviar black are almost identical in performance.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

yeah gut the caviar green is expensive because it got some new technology (which sucks aparently)^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of that sony get a Asus 24x dvd drive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    yeah gut the caviar green is expensive because it got some new technology (which sucks aparently)^^
    Caviar Green aren't new tech and they don't suck. They run at lower RPM than Caviar black in order to be less noisy and consume less power (and they are cheaper than Caviar Blacks). They are storage drives, not OS drives.

Kingston makes quality RAM (dunno about how they compare with Corsair/G.Skill though)

Also, I don't know the manufacturer of the PSU. Always get one from a reliable brand (Corsair, Antec, Seasonic), since they're one of the most vital parts of your system. (650W should be enough)

Forgot to mention earlier, I have that Power Supply and it works great. So that's why I'd throw that in there, since it's cheap and very silent.

But i changed a load of stuff, any input on how it looks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    Tbh I havent studied a lot of HDD's but I've found the black to be great but expensive. As for the RAM check amazon or ebay, there's bound to be a good seller.

Ditch the mobo, it costs 200$ and has nothing to offer than other mobos don't. Here's an alternative http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157271

Also up the ram, go for 8gig instead of 4gig. I know 4 is enough but for games like metro and upcoming games, more than 4 will be better. Have your pic of ram from here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...PC3%2012800%29

Now get him a CPU cooler, don't let him use the stock cooler, make him OC his CPU. Take your pick from here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ooler%20Master

Whatever money is left put it into the video card.

Deleted
    If he dont plan on going sli in very near future (next gen cards will draw less power) you can easily downgrade the psu to 500-650 watts (Check the corsair tx and cx series)