Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When it comes to "tracking"... basic UI? I mean, it shows who has your Mending anyways, where it is, its duration, and how many charges are left.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

ah, figured it out, amazing, going to try it out in a dungeon
    thanks for help!

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    When it comes to "tracking"... basic UI? I mean, it shows who has your Mending anyways, where it is, its duration, and how many charges are left.
    I'm lost here... basic UI you mean blizz default party frames? Those are nasty, I like Grid+PowerAuras+TellMeWhen=pleasure to heal

Quote Originally Posted by keule View Post
    I'm lost here... basic UI you mean blizz default party frames? Those are nasty, I like Grid+PowerAuras+TellMeWhen=pleasure to heal
    Blizz "default" party frames (when someone takes the three minutes to set them up) are a "Grid-lite" that never breaks on patch day, and has updates for all the "Raid Status Debuffs" from the ground up, instead of waiting for someone else to patch them in.

Blizz "default" party frames (when someone takes the three minutes to set them up) are a "Grid-lite" that never breaks on patch day, and has updates for all the "Raid Status Debuffs" from the ground up, instead of waiting for someone else to patch them in.
    If they were as good as you imply, we would all use them :P

Don't need a grid update to track new debuffs on patch day, slight misconception ><. I can add a debuff by spellID or name, whether or not grid can look up the tooltip in its database.

However, it will throw tantrums for other reasons, and you might have 1-2 raid days with broken frames.

I tried to config it the way I like it, but it just doesn't have nearly enough options. For example the one thing I couldn't find is show groups horizontally not vertically, it might be there, I might just missed it, but anyway... I need more options.
    More on topic: everything works wonderful with Power Auras now, tyvm fellow Priests!

I use grid to track mine. and i always cast if off cd so i dont really have to keep to much attention on it

Quote Originally Posted by fragglerocker View Post
    If they were as good as you imply, we would all use them :P
    How many Priests went without 4pc11 or Tsunami, no matter how uncontestedly "good" they are/were. It's human nature to completely object to something outside of your understanding, because what you already know is "better/the truth". I'm guilty of that myself. Actually, I'd go so far to say it's even beyond human, because Cylons do it too, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    Don't need a grid update to track new debuffs on patch day, slight misconception ><. I can add a debuff by spellID or name, whether or not grid can look up the tooltip in its database.

However, it will throw tantrums for other reasons, and you might have 1-2 raid days with broken frames.
    Slight misconception, yes. Whoever updates the GRSD usually takes a little bit to get all of the new ones, so you have to go in, see what it is on yourself (or have other people report it to you) and update it manually... when it's in there by default from the ground up with the BlizzFrames. And I don't know about you, but between server overpopulation causing issues, new fights to learn in general, class changes, etc, the last thing that any raid should have to worry about on patch is "Do our healers have broken UIs?"

Quote Originally Posted by keule View Post
    I tried to config it the way I like it, but it just doesn't have nearly enough options. For example the one thing I couldn't find is show groups horizontally not vertically, it might be there, I might just missed it, but anyway... I need more options.
    More on topic: everything works wonderful with Power Auras now, tyvm fellow Priests!
    That option is definitely there. Or was last time I checked. Currently at the folks' place, I'll have to get back to you on that later. But yes, Power Auras is the most functional addon in the game, and everything can be solved with creative use of it.

Since I hate 25 mans and usually only do 10 mans, I just listen for the 4 ticks which isn't too hard, it is pretty loud when it bounces around. Also just casting it off the cd is probably just fine, you usually want to put it on the tank anyways to get it bouncing around again.

vuhdo shows pom on targets, and you can also set it to see poms of other priests (in case theres more than 1 priest in raid)

I agree with you here, I actually got my whole raid group to start using the blizzard default party frames because it would show on fights like... Baleroc.. who's taking the crystal, shows everything you want. I am surprised that more people don't use it in fact.

Use it on cooldown, with the glyph, its a significant heal on the tank.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    Since I hate 25 mans and usually only do 10 mans, I just listen for the 4 ticks which isn't too hard, it is pretty loud when it bounces around. Also just casting it off the cd is probably just fine, you usually want to put it on the tank anyways to get it bouncing around again.
    no idea how you manage to do that when there's one million sounds from bosses and other players ^^

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Use it on cooldown, with the glyph, its a significant heal on the tank.
    Yeah I might, guild member also recommended this, but since I'm only 74 atm, most my healing comes from Renew anyway ^^

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    vuhdo shows pom on targets, and you can also set it to see poms of other priests (in case theres more than 1 priest in raid)
    Somehow I imagine it being very "spammy" if it's set to show other priests PoM, and I always try to avoid unnecessary stuff on my screen

10+ Year Old Account
    I track it on grid as well. My grid is set up to show my PW:Shield on lower left corner (a dot that is green and turns red if the target has weakened soul), my renew on lower right corner, active divine aegis on upper left corner, and POM on upper right. When POM jumps, a new dot shows up. In a 10 man raid it is easy to see if it is still active. I think I am cued to the sound as much as anything though. My muscle memory drops it on my main tank whenever I put PW:S on him.

I just wrote a lengthy post about Presence of Mind and how to counter it. That was productive.

I use PoM Tracker (linked on P1 I believe), and VuhDo also shows who it's on, and how much longer it'll last on it's current target. Unfortunately, I'm not using it these days as often as I used to (the spell, not the addons), but it's always visible when the spell is somewhere out there doing it's job.

Deleted
    FortExorcist.

It tells me:

a) Who it's on.
    b) How long is left (it has a numerical timer and a visual timer in terms of a moving/sliding bar)
    c) How many charges (bounces) are left.

All this on a single, specifically coloured bar (mine is yellow).

It will disappear after it's ran out, or if it can't jump to anyone (due to range) then the bar will momentarily turn red and then disappear. This is especially useful, when, after putting on someone, you realise that it's not bouncing and so direct the spell at someone else.

Deleted
    I have a "side icon" for it on my Grid. Shows me who it's on and remaining stacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, I used PoM Tracker (one of my first addons everrrrrrrrrrrrrr), Fortexorcist (though, I got this for other things) and PowerAuras. I make the PoM icon appear on my screen when it's off-CD. Christ, I loved healing Blood-Queen as Holy. I miss Holy.

I'll take a screenshot in raid tomorrow, that might help. Someone remind me, somehow.

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 03:44 AM ----------

How many Priests went without 4pc11 or Tsunami, no matter how uncontestedly "good" they are/were. It's human nature to completely object to something outside of your understanding, because what you already know is "better/the truth". I'm guilty of that myself. Actually, I'd go so far to say it's even beyond human, because Cylons do it too, but that's neither here nor there.
    I stopped watching BSG at the start of Season 2. I really should start that again, along with Dexter.

I use the Grid side-icons, but I never really focus my eyes on it anyway. I just have it there for convenience, and since I do quite a lot of old content, it's pretty useful to see when the charges has run out, so I can go out of shadowform and cast it again, while it's healing my partner and me while both are dpsing. ^^