Deleted

stupid lag spikes again

hello, i made a thread on here a while ago about my annoying lag spikes, they magically cleared up and we never managed to fix it on here, but now theyre back, every 5-10mins i get a few second lag spike, on every PC on the network (not affecting xbox live).

ive tried phoning my ISP about this, and they pretty much said they dont care and are not going to help me :\ (yay for BT customer support)

now in the last thread someone suggested running a program called pingplotter, i have done that, with some interesting results. (i think, dont really understand the results)

but heres the pingplotter to Bladefist EU (hosted in Paris) "80.239.179.113"

as you can see at the end of the thing, its getting "100% packet loss"

this is to a different server

Balnazzar in Frankfurt "80.239.149.103"

that one is not getting the same message.

not sure if these pics will help anyone, but i thought someone might understand them more than me.

thanks for help anyone

just to add, incase any missed it, i have phoned ISP, they didnt help.
    a quick story, a while ago i had BT engineers out to my house because of internet problems, they came to the conclusion that the problem was with BTs line and not wiring in my house, but it seems they didnt pass that info on BT, and BT are convinced the problem is in my house, and they want to charge us to send new engineers out
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2011-09-17 at 05:46 PM.

First graph shows that the BT's link under sea to france is slow, getting 120ms lag there. Last two locations showing 100% packet loss is normal, it just means those servers are ping-invisible to prevent certain types of hacking or denial of service attacks.

Second graph shows very bad link from your home to ISP (the cable that starts from your house), as well as lagging in BT's network inside UK. Rest of the graph is fairly normal.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    First graph shows that the BT's link under sea to france is slow, getting 120ms lag there. Last two locations showing 100% packet loss is normal, it just means those servers are ping-invisible to prevent certain types of hacking or denial of service attacks.

Second graph shows very bad link from your home to ISP (the cable that starts from your house), as well as lagging in BT's network inside UK. Rest of the graph is fairly normal.
    so the problem is with BT and not me?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so the problem is with BT and not me?
    On first graph problem is BT's link from UK to France, nothing you can do about it.

Second graph has a problem somewhere between your computer and BT's first router some miles down the road. If that keeps happening often you should bug them again about it. The other problem somewhere in the UK countryside between two BT routers was probably something temporary.

If you have wireless connection to BT, the lag in second graph was probably caused by problem with wireless quality.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    On first graph problem is BT's link from UK to France, nothing you can do about it.

Second graph has a problem somewhere between your computer and BT's first router some miles down the road. If that keeps happening often you should bug them again about it. The other problem somewhere in the UK countryside between two BT routers was probably something temporary.

If you have wireless connection to BT, the lag in second graph was probably caused by problem with wireless quality.
    thanks for the info, not on wireless btw.

but if its BTs problem, wouldnt it affect everyone in the area and not just me? because thats one of the reasons they say its not them, they said they have recieved no other reports about it.
    and its getting really annoying, games are unplayable for me really outside quests on wow, trying to pvp or raid is impossible with the lag spikes every 5mins, just gets frustrating after 20mins. i guess i can try phoning them again and bug them to send out an engineer again so they can confirm its bts problem.