Deleted

Raiding resto shaman orc racial.

I've been raiding a while now as orc (i've got 4/7 hc 10 man so far) and it has been brought to my attention that as resto I dont benefit at all from the orc racial trait.( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20572/blood-fury)

I've been thinking on changing my race to get a more benefitial racial for raiding, having in consideration that for a progression guild every little extra helps.
    From a mathematical perpective, goblin seems like the way to go (lowering haste cap and allowing me to get more throughput stats like mastery/crit), but in the other hand the troll racial berseking (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26297/berserking) seems very neat. I'm wondering how noticiable is the troll racial, and if it does stack with effects like blood lust / time warp.

Troll cuz they are awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't Orc Shamans recieve the following Blood Fury?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33697

Thus actually making it beneficial for resto in some way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't Orc Shamans recieve the following Blood Fury?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33697

Thus actually making it beneficial for resto in some way?
    Spell Damage... so maybe if you want slightly more powerful lightning bolts for telluric currents but the benefit wouldnt be great at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlalocan View Post
    Spell Damage... so maybe if you want slightly more powerful lightning bolts for telluric currents but the benefit wouldnt be great at all.
    That's odd, forgive me. I thought it increased Spell Power. That's odd it only increases damage and not healing, they'll probably change that, well, they should imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    That's odd, forgive me. I thought it increased Spell Power. That's odd it only increases damage and not healing, they'll probably change that, well, they should imo.
    Well it always has been like this, I dont see why they would change it now :/
    regarding my race change, I think I'll go goblin, rocket jump seems very nice and a passive racial will let me have one less thing to worry about.

For a raiding resto shaman the racials are best in this order:
    Goblin >Troll >Orc >Tauren.

On use abilities are very tough for most healers to use as often lust/heroism is used in burn phases rather than in tough healing phases so trying to decide when you use that /use ability isn't always ideal. Therefore the passive 1% haste goblins get allowing you to lower that 916 haste cap to somewhere around 728 (that number's off, its been a while since i've been goblin) which would allow you to get much more crit/mastery like you mentioned. That and rocket jump saves a lot of time like on heroic alyzrazor or heroic domo or even heroic shannox.

Goblins and trolls are comparable, with a slight advantage for the goblins. Which is better depends on the fight; the troll racial will give you a ton of haste at one point, while the goblin racial will let you reforge a bit more haste into mastery, meaning you'll do a little bit more healing overall. The troll racial will give more haste over time (on average) than the goblin racial, but it won't let you reforge any haste without losing HoT ticks.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

never go goblin when you could go troll!

I would think an on-demand mini bloodlust for dmg spikes would be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Well it always has been like this, I dont see why they would change it now :/
    regarding my race change, I think I'll go goblin, rocket jump seems very nice and a passive racial will let me have one less thing to worry about.
    It wasnt always like this, if i am not wrong it was changed in TBC or Wrath (maybe Wrath? yeah, probably Wrath) so that it doesnt benefit healers, the original version increased both spell damage and healing.

I think its wrong to have a racial that benefits every single class/spec except for one.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2011-09-20 at 06:13 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just fyi, last I saw, if you use the Troll racial on use, it comes out to about 1.1% haste, making it actually better. I prefer the Troll racial because that extra 200ish secondary stats wont make much of a difference, but having a mini BL for TC regen phases or for intense healing phases can really make a difference. Rocket jump is overrated, it has very little use in raiding.
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

Yes, Blood Fury originally affected healing, although that was changed some time ago (I believe late into TBCs lifetime). It was a particularly infuriating change, considering that it came without warning or reason, and since Shamans are the only healing class that Orcs can be, it felt more like a nerf to the class/spec than the race.

The best choices are troll and goblin. I'm personally troll because I hate goblins, but the goblin racial is nice.

Deleted
    Blood Fury could help for Telluric Currents, but to be honest - it's a minor buff.
    Going Goblin or Troll, which has been said before would be a better choice. On demand 20% casting speed or 1% flatout casting speed for Goblin. I think I also read the Troll racial is slightly better if used "perfectly" if that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The troll racial can be more of a benefit if macro'd to a specific spell, to get as much up-time as possible. If you are a lazy goblin like me, the flat 1% haste is just dandy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went goblin and have never looked back. The 780 haste rating cap for ELW seems to be quite easy to reach and for each new piece of gear I've got in the last 4 weeks i've been able to reforge to exactly 780 haste with never any excess.