New PC, extremely cheap, would like advice.

So, I wasn't going to buy a new PC before after BF3 released, however I fell over a ridiculously cheap offer that I'm considering.

INTEL i7 2600K (SOCKET 1155), 4x 3.4ghz
    ASUS 1536MB DDR5 GTX580 OC VERSION DCII
    GIGABYTE Z68A-D3-B3 MOTHERBOARD, USB3.0 OG SATA3/600 OSV.
    8GB DDR3 HYPER-X 1600MHZ RAM, KINGSTON HYPER-X
    24x SATA DVDBBURNER +/-, AND DVD-RAM (SONY)
    700W 80+ CERTIFIED COUGAR PSU. *SUPER SILENT*
    500GB SATA3 / 6GB's WESTERN DIGITAL HARDDISK,7200RPM
    7.1 SURROUND LYDKORT
    8x USB PORTS (2x USB 3.0)
    GIGABIT NETCARD (1000Mbit)
    KABINET COOLERMASTER ELITE430

Link: http://topdata.dk/product.asp?product=7522 (Danish site, not in english sadly)

There is an option to change a few parts around, and was adviced to get a Haf922 Cooler Master instead.
    However, the guy I spoke with was a bit worried about the PSU, since he'd never heard about the brand before.

Now, I personally believe this machine will be able to run BF3 fairly well, but I obviously can't know. And I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.
    I would like to specify and link to the different parts, but alas the site isn't completely clear about them. It has also been translated from Danish, so if something stands out that could be why.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

It doesn't seem like *that* good of a deal.
    And a silly brand name like "cougar" bothers me too lmao
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Pretty cheap actually, from counting in my head a bit and calculating, that would cost around 1200 euros to build, and that's 1000.
    And you have the best single-gpu card, plus an really good CPU. Isn't there any 2500k build though?

I dont know about you, but for me; this system not worth 1500 USD / well you have this GPU but still...
    In fact you could get better for 1000 USD.. First- You want an i5 2500k for gaming..i dont have a lot of time but ill come back later! anyway im sure a lot of people here will help you build a better one for cheaper!

Good luck!

Hmm now that I think about it more my first impression was probably wrong... I'd say go for it... but no need to get the haf 922, the elite 430 is great and looks nicer anyways xD
    See if it's possible to switch the psu though to corsiar/seasonic/antec

Quote Originally Posted by charleybwoy View Post
    I dont know about you, but for me; this system not worth 1500 USD / well you have this GPU but still...
    In fact you could get better for 1000 USD.. First- You want an i5 2500k for gaming..i dont have a lot of time but ill come back later! anyway im sure a lot of people here will help you build a better one for cheaper!

Good luck!
    yea but in denmark they have worse prices/taxes compared to the US, so it doesn't translate directly like that.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charleybwoy View Post

Good luck!
    You can't do direct conversions, things are way cheaper in US/Canda than in the rest of the world, especially Scandinavia.

There is, however if I try to modify it, it ends up, with 8 gigs of ram, at $1588(With the Haf 922 case)
    Which doesn't make sense to buy when this model is $1533 with an i7 and the Haf 922 case.

And yes I know the i7's are meant for OC and video editing, but it should still beat an i5 at stock no?

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    See if it's possible to switch the psu though to corsiar/seasonic/antec
    I could get a Corsair 800W 80+, for another 60 bucks, but that seems a tad overkill.

Also edited prices to be dollars for easier comparison.
    Last edited by Uwibami; 2011-09-17 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Following the link, switching to the 2500k build.
    That premade build comes with only 4gb of ram, the same case as the 2600k premade build and the same psu.
    4gGB extra ram, adding the haf 922 case and switching to the 800W corsair psu (overkill, but still), comes out at roughly 9200.

The 2600k build only requires you to change the 922 case and the PSU, which comes out at roughly 8800.

I'm quite baffled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also he wants it for BF3 and BF3 is speculated to support HT. Anyway, looks good, except the PSU. It may be good, but the brand doesn't sound reliable at all. Check if you can replace it with another one (possibly Seasonic/Corsair/Antec)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    You can't do direct conversions, things are way cheaper in US/Canda than in the rest of the world, especially Scandinavia.
    Not to be rude, but Asia says hi. It more or less boils down to the European Union and taxes.

As for OP:
    That does seem like a pretty nice deal actually. Do you trust buying from these? It just seems like "there must be a catch".

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Not to be rude, but Asia says hi. It more or less boils down to the European Union and taxes.

As for OP:
    That does seem like a pretty nice deal actually. Do you trust buying from these? It just seems like "there must be a catch".

Well, I had heard about the site before, and googling some reviews, it seems atleast 95% of people are satisfied. Which I would say is a pretty good amount.
    Whether I trust them, well I never really trust a ton of sites when using my Visa card, but it seems legit from what I can see.

Deleted
    I managed to find a review of "a" cougar 700w psu but I'm not certain it's this one. If it is then it should be safe, as while it isn't corsair/antec/seasonic level quality it ain't terrible either.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=178

Honestly, I would never go with some unrecognized brand PSU. I've had one too many computers blowup because some cheap PSU decided to zap all the internal components. If you can swap it out, I highly recommend getting something like a corsair or even antec psu.

Quote Originally Posted by zebran View Post
    Following the link, switching to the 2500k build.
    That premade build comes with only 4gb of ram, the same case as the 2600k premade build and the same psu.
    4gGB extra ram, adding the haf 922 case and switching to the 800W corsair psu (overkill, but still), comes out at roughly 9200.

The 2600k build only requires you to change the 922 case and the PSU, which comes out at roughly 8800.

I'm quite baffled.
    That website doesn't look like its in Euros or dollars or anything... it looks like it's in Sek or some other currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

So overall, changing the tower to a Haf 922, and the PSU to the Corsair one, and it should be fine?

I generally don't impulse buy, but the deal simply seems too good not to try it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    That website doesn't look like its in Euros or dollars or anything... it looks like it's in Sek or some other currency.
    What I was baffled about wasn't the currency, but the fact that the 2600k actually comes cheaper than the 2500k in that deal. And it's the danish currency.
    Last edited by mmoc3119a68a75; 2011-09-18 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Spellcheck