Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Terrible tanks use HoR instead of CS for single target tanking. Good tanks use CS instead of HoR. Then you have tanks like me who accidentally press HoR instead of CS on occasion. Whoops >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    This right here. It's too easy to be bad and succeed a this game. Outside of people getting firsts, the game is too easy and people can get away with being lazy.
    Agreed, they should have GMs monitor everyone and when they do something stupid, make a mistake, or play badly their characters can be instantly deleted and banned. Then the 1.5 people who never make mistakes and have no room to improve could play on one server together. Sadly, you won't be among them.

Agreed, they should have GMs monitor everyone and when they do something stupid, make a mistake, or play badly their characters can be instantly deleted and banned.
    *OR*, better yet, they can not reward players for playing poorly, but just reward players for playing well, in an overall sense. Which is kinda what the game does. Crappy players don't down heroic content as a rule, but only as an exception. Tanks are just in a funny spot right now, because they want to move to an active mitigation model, but don't want to do it mid-expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Impartial View Post
    CS>HotR single target. HotR is purely for cleaving.
    And for awesome sounds :O

Quote Originally Posted by Estragenlol View Post
    During WotLK for some time HotR was better than CS even for single target. Definitely isn't the case now.
    Prot didnt have CS in WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Agreed, they should have GMs monitor everyone and when they do something stupid, make a mistake, or play badly their characters can be instantly deleted and banned. Then the 1.5 people who never make mistakes and have no room to improve could play on one server together. Sadly, you won't be among them.
    You still haven't grasped the concept of sarcasm, have you? But just in case you don't even understand what you said I know plenty of ways to make the game more challenging other than what they have now, but sadly you wouldn't be able to comprehend something so simple. And no, I wouldn't be playing on a server where nobody makes mistakes, because there wouldn't be anyone on it so good try on the poorly done insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    You still haven't grasped the concept of sarcasm, have you? But just in case you don't even understand what you said I know plenty of ways to make the game more challenging other than what they have now, but sadly you wouldn't be able to comprehend something so simple. And no, I wouldn't be playing on a server where nobody makes mistakes, because there wouldn't be anyone on it so good try on the poorly done insult.
    I know exactly what I said, it is you who has seemed to miss the point and somehow pulled an insult out of it. Let me take it down to your comprehension level. If they designed the game with absolutely no room for error then no one would be playing it including yourself. Get it now? Maybe the person is new to the game and they don't have an intimate knowledge of their class. Maybe they are really just bad. You're assuming they know that CS would be better for single target and are instead just using HotR in some kind of willful ignorance. Nah nah nah<fingers in ears> I'm using HotR even though it's not the right thing to do. If that's the case then they aren't ignorant of it's use they are just lazy as someone else said previously.

How about they make it so if HotR hits fewer than 2 targets the paladin explodes dealing raid wide damage equal to 150% of his remaining health, then we can weed out all the bad players and only perfect people can play?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use CS over HoR during single target tanking, which "should" be the way.
    But then again, everybody have their way to play.

Crusader Strike > HoTR on single target.

/end of story.

Why the hell do people keep saying lazy? WTF is the difference between two buttons that bring laziness into account? The very simple answer to the question is that they are doing the wrong thing, you didnt ask for an explanation in the op so dont give him one if you dont know it. Use cs, not hotr. And you are either on a tiny server or you are looking at the log wrong because there is no prot paladin that is top geared on his server using hotr on single target, if so post the log please so i can go troll him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad tanks gona be bad and should be ostracised.

However, I wonder how widespread the problem is as by using CS and not fixing fights, I've managed to get 3 WoL rankings via doing a bog standard rotation (Al'akir 50th ish, since deleted, Shannox 91 at entry 117 now and Rhyolith 115th now unranked) and I've not even cleared Firelands normal, I'm not special at all or use funky pots or gimps, I just smash out a few buttons.

EDIT: All those on 10man normal so ya know, fairly competetive as far as tank rankings go.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    EDIT: All those on 10man normal so ya know, fairly competetive as far as tank rankings go.
    Not really...
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    I believe CS was a Ret talent in Wrath so all you had for your filler was HotR, could be wrong though as I was Prot 90% of Wrath and didn't pay much attention to the spells/talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by ovine View Post
    Prot didnt have CS in WotLK
    Patch 4.0? HotR Holy damage was unavoidable and CS scaled much worse at 80 then it does now.
    Last edited by Estragenlol; 2011-09-19 at 06:53 AM.

in all honesty, i know it sounds retarded, however so far it works for me. the reason i use HoR over CS is the simple fact that HoR "hits" more than CS does, and since tanks nowadays no longer have "hit" or "expertise" on their gear, I miss a lot more with CS. i noticed i hit more with HoR so i started using it allowing me to actually gain Holy Power more often to either use it for a SoR or a heal. which sometimes in some fights that extra heal, although small, still helps a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Not really...
    Did you wave goodbye to that sarcasm as it flew past your head? : )

Quote Originally Posted by Primalistic View Post
    in all honesty, i know it sounds retarded, however so far it works for me. the reason i use HoR over CS is the simple fact that HoR "hits" more than CS does, and since tanks nowadays no longer have "hit" or "expertise" on their gear, I miss a lot more with CS. i noticed i hit more with HoR so i started using it allowing me to actually gain Holy Power more often to either use it for a SoR or a heal. which sometimes in some fights that extra heal, although small, still helps a lot.
    This is nonsense. They have identical chances to hit. That's pure math hard coded into the game, any variation you might have felt is luck and your own imagination. Again, CS and HotR have IDENTICAL chances to connect, identical chances to get dodge/parried and identical chances to miss. There is no difference. You're gimping your single target DPS for no reason at all.

alright, i will have to take that into consideration. thanks for the quick reply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalistic View Post
    alright, i will have to take that into consideration. thanks for the quick reply.
    you are not the first person on wow to be "fooled by the RNG gods"

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    I believe CS was a Ret talent in Wrath so all you had for your filler was HotR, could be wrong though as I was Prot 90% of Wrath and didn't pay much attention to the spells/talents.
    CS became baseline in Wrath and HotR hit harder than it did.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-09-19 at 10:44 AM.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estragenlol View Post
    Patch 4.0? HotR Holy damage was unavoidable and CS scaled much worse at 80 then it does now.
    Even so, HotR only hit harder because of the 20% damage boost from 2pc t10. That was the single reason it did, and I've seen a large number of paladins just derp out and keep using the ability because of that.

The sound of HotR is much cooler ("Doooiiiinnng!"), good enough reason to use it over CS ^_^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."