Main-Spec Dliemma

I've just hit 85 on my Druid, and I'm having a "crisis". I don't know what my main-spec should be. Balance or Cat?

I think, after having played Balance through BC end-game and LK, I've gotten bored of it. I've been having fun these last 5 levels as a Cat. Problem is, if I gear up as Feral and end up hating it or being bad, that gear will have gone to waste. One will be MS and one OS, but I don't know which to gear up first.

I know the only answers I can expect are what you personally like best, so I ask you, Balance or Kitty?

Deleted
    I been range and healer since Beta, tryed my first "melee" class ever (kitten) 3 weeks ago, and i never looked back.

Was Balance all the way in LK and in the beginning of Cata. Changed to Kitty with 4.2. Never looked back. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syladia View Post
    I think, after having played Balance through BC end-game and LK, I've gotten bored of it. I've been having fun these last 5 levels as a Cat. Problem is, if I gear up as Feral and end up hating it or being bad, that gear will have gone to waste. One will be MS and one OS, but I don't know which to gear up first
    Given this, I'm going to take a leap and say you've no interest in healing - which is fine if you don't, just ruling it out as a viable option for MS/OS, and focusing on the "kitty/boomkin" part. For my own experience, I'm main-spec kitty (PVE DPS) and OS Boomkin (PVP nuke-machine), currently level 83 [Worgen druid]. I had never rolled a druid at all before Cata launch, and started fresh in BOA items, leveling as kitty dps. I was going to make the OS PVE Boomkin, but after giving boomkin a try in PVP I decided to make it my PVP spec, and enjoy both thoroughly.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    I have the same problem.. if you want to top the meters, Boomkin is the way to go, but concept-wise (and gamestyle-wise) I much prefer kitty DPS... what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Annya View Post
    I have the same problem.. if you want to top the meters, Boomkin is the way to go, but concept-wise (and gamestyle-wise) I much prefer kitty DPS... what to do?
    Pretty much exactly this. Feral is more fun, but looking at RaidBots, Boomkin is ~top.

Partial update, just did H-GB, 16k Overall dps and 14k on Erudax specifically as Kitty. Not bad for my first heroic after 85.

Deleted
    Most posts already made clear the superiority of boomkin over kitty at least meters wise.Imo consider that boomkin prolly will be little more difficult to gear cause resto druids also need some same pieces + neck,cloak,rings,trinkets u have to compete with other spellcasters.On the other hand kitty can be the same hard if u have a rogue in group or bear tank.

Deleted
    u have to go kitty its just the only way forward

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not sure, go with whatever the group needs. Personally I feel like boomkin will find you more love as ranged is usually prefered. Also typhoon is awesome in some fights.

Come to the kitty side of the druid. We have catnip cookies.

Well, I think my time in H-DM settles it. Started out as Boomkin, ended up going Feral halfway through, and my DPS doubled.