The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

need help with huge fps drops

as the title says, im currently having issues with fps in WoW. i normally get 30-60 fps all the time, even in very crowded areas i was never having an issue with fps until today. earlier i did tol barad and i normally have no issues with it but was seeing like 15-20 fps, and right now where i usually have 30-60 fps in stormwind, im seeing drops to 16ish and when i had a youtube video open, my fps dropped to 6. even without a youtube/other videos open now, im seeing my fps for a bit up to 30+ and then it randomly makes a huge jump down to like 4-8 and its frustrating the crap out of me as i dont know why its doing that, built the comp like 2 months ago

specs of comp, 4 gigs of ram, i5 2500k, 6850

I heard that fps drops was mostly an overheating graphic card problem, unless i'm wrong.... i'm no computer expert...i had that problem a year ago..changed graphic card and everything was fine. i hope you get an answer

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    my catalyst control center is saying its around 38-53 degrees C so i dont think overheating is the issue

ty for the response though
    Last edited by Crazyalbo; 2011-09-17 at 11:25 PM.

Could be outdated drivers, the temparatures are fine. How about temp of the CPU? And what exactly is it?

Also Radeon drivers are known to have issues with Flash acceleration which means sometimes your computer starts crawling when you try to watch videos from youtube. Workaround for that is right-clicking the video, and turning hardware acceleration off from the settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i update the graphics card driver every month, it was fine last night, just today it started this issue, its an i5 2500k

revert back to older drivers see if it fixes it. Memory leaks and other nonsense can also cause these issues.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    well found the issue after deciding to take a look inside the case lol. i looked through and saw my processors fan was hanging instead of on the processor where it should be... put it where its supposed to be and now im back at 60 fps lol.. feel so dumb. thanks for the replys though