Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a orc warlock back in vanilla whose name is actually my name irl. Got him to level 28 before rolling a hunter a friend had made on my account. The lock is still sitting on my account and I played the hunter as my main in Cataclysm.

I created a paladin named Barracks on my server back on WoW's launch day, as well as a gnome mage named Grandfather. I ended up playing the 30 day trial the game came with but didn't want to continue playing due to questing being annoying after having already done it in the beta. There was a shortage of copies of WoW back then, and it was near impossible to find them in retail around Christmas. I sold my basically fresh account with no 30 day trial on eBay for around $90. Fast forward several years, I started playing again when Wrath came out. Last year I checked to see if Barracks and Grandfather were available on my server (the same one) and they weren't. The guy that owned my account never played them, though, so I put in a GM ticket after hearing that you could request names be released from other people's low level characters that haven't been played in a very long time.

In the GM ticket, I told them I gave the account to a friend that I lost contact with, told them the two names I was wanting, what their class was and which server they were on. I also told them they could compare the original account owner names and addresses, as they would be the same. Low and behold, a day later, I got in-game mail from a GM saying they verified everything I said and went ahead and released the two names, so while they're not my originals, I at least have the names from my first toons again on the same server.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first character was a Dwarf Warrior (Pic taken from 15 October 2005)

He doesn't exist anymore though, I eventually settled on my mage who I have been playing for over 6 years.
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-10-07 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My very first toon was a human female war. Still have her too.

A troll priest I still play, though primarily to have an alchemist. My main is a troll rogue.

First ever created was a nelf druid on my ex's account. I doubt she exists anymore, and to be honest, doesn't really matter. I got to around level 10 with her before I bought a game of my own.

First character on my own account that I actually played (I created perhaps four characters before logging in to any of them) was a nelf hunter, he's still around. I also had another nelf druid and a draenei pally I created the same day.

I didn't play them for very long, changed realm and faction due to a number of reasons and started a belf pally who was my main all the way to ICC. Love him to death, but couldn't stand actively playing him anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    My very first character was a Night Elf Warrior, felt a little bored made a priest..then a hunter and finally a paladin. I stuck sith the paladin because I liked Uther in WC3
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    first char was a female night elf hunter on release. played till 15 or so and switched to male dwarf hunter cause i liked dwarfs. again at like level 15 i switched to a female dwarf priest because the guild i was in didn't have any. played the priest till TBC release and basicly had a different main character for every expension. (shaman in TBC, Death Knight in WotlK, warrior in Cata) rolled a new pandaran Shaman for MOP on alliance and will get a Horde pandaran Monk later as i'm just uber casual now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I created a Human female Paladin back in early 2006. It has been my main ever since. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Male Night Elf Rogue in EU closed beta. My first character I played seriously was an Male Tauren Shaman in vanilla. First character I raided with was an Female Orc Warlock also in early vanilla. From TBC on I played a Male Blood Elf Holy Paladin as our guild needed Paladins (seeing as Horde had none before TBC).

<------ That one. Created day one of EU Vanilla, and it's still my main.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    The one I'm still playing as my main, my warrior. Going strong now for seven years and counting!
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

a mage i created somewhere in vanilla and havent touched (other than logging in every once in a while) since it reached lvl 35

Made Elrith in December 2004. I'd been following WOW's development for several years, as I'd always wanted to get into an MMO but so far all the graphics looked like shit. I'd always dreamed of a game with a seamless world with terrain that looked hand crafted and not mass produced and sterile like Everquest or Starwars Galaxies.

SWG almost looked decent, but it still suffered from massive sterile voids and the player models and animations were just basic crap compared to the graphics and animation and gameplay that were once reserved for action games only. I had been reading about the first Warhammer Online, and I was raised on Warhammer, so I thought it would be my dream game. WOW looked so interesting though, I loved how Blizzard said they wanted to make every part of their game look like a painting or illustration.

I'd just built my dream computer so I could run Half life 2 and Doom3, and had just beaten both those titles. Due to a silly accident at work of sorts ( I worked in photoshop and retouching and got caught turning old people into zombie demons on my break) I had a lot of free time on my hands.

I bought WOW, and usually I always play dwarves, but I loved the Heretic series, Heretic 2 being one of my favorite third person action RPGs, and saw an appeal in the strange and almost savage looking 7 foot tall night elves. So I made a night elf, pale white with white hair, and named him Elrith, inspired by Elric of Melnibone (lame now that I think back but the name is now a part of me soul).

8 years later and I am amazed this game still holds my heart after all the ups and downs we've had together.

But WOW in 2004 blew away everything I thought an RPG could be, it was like I could get down and explore inside the warhammer terrain I grew up staring at and daydreaming about walking within.

I can't believe how much I take for granted now.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    The warrior I created on EU release, that is still my main (although I didn't play him that much in TBC).
    It took me at least 6 months to get him to 60; Mainly because I leveled him Prot - what I did until Dual Spec was out.

first character was a Human Paladin by the name of Maximumg. He still exists but now goes by the name of Voxquantum, to coincide with most of my other games except for my XBL tag. Hes still the main char i have aswell, and i started playing roughly just before there were raining fireballs from the sky (pre TBC world event) have played on and off ever since! (been on and not off since ICC though..........) so i was a total nub at vanilla, lived in nagrand for about 6 months, and then became a wrath baby. cant complain though, good times have been had ever since.

my night elf rogue. i'd been a big w3 player and joined mid-vanilla or so i think.

i actually considered a druid but didnt think i was ready for it yet (ends up, as much as i love druids due to w3 and how they are as a class, i just cant manage the playstyle, it just isnt me despite how much i like the class.)

I made a rogue instead, i liked the idea of stealth. And oh man, Teldrassil. Lots of people who mained night elves know what iam talking about. The music, the setting, the tree's and ambience and sights.

First thing i did after killing a few imps was run outside the gates of the starting town grouped with a hunter and attack an owl which promptly slaughtered us...heh.

she's still my main.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf Hunter. Ewww.. What was I thinking! I failed a lot with that character too. /facepalm

This was some months after wow's release D:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

troll mage, which I got to lvl 8 back in 2004, before deciding that casting spells and stuff just weren't cool enough, so I started a night elf druid which I got to 29 before getting bored of that too Then made a warrior and got it to lvl 60. First character I played semi-serious was an undead mage in tbc, which I deleted to play alliance on the same server, but just recently got back via tickets That was a happy day