Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Deleted
    A well played unholy DK is a good option against both mages and hunters.

Deleted
    I manage to beat mages on my rogue quite a lot, silences, magic immunity, shadowsteps for when they blink, vanish breaks novas which lets you get another garrote off, smokebomb for restealth, mind numbing poison 30% extra cast speed

Quite a few counters rogues can put out against them

Deleted
    Sub Rogues imo as a single class

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Isn't it

Mage > Everyone

Everyone > Hunter

?????

Mage > Almost every class/spec

Almost every class/spec > Hunter

That would probably be a better illustration. There is a class/spec or two that can handle mage and class/spec or two that hunter can handle at 85. Other than that it is generally correct. No, blizzard does not care. They are playing mages not hunters this xpac.

Probably a Hunter for the Mage and DK for the Hunter..
    That or a Warlock for both, had a lot of personal success with that class.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Hey guys, so i pvp on a warrior and i hate coming up against mages and hunter because i cant get to them!

I was just thinking tho.. what would be the best class to kill one with?

thanks
    Mage I would say afflic lock or a unholy dk hunter just about any melee

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if the strongest but as a shadow priest they are fairly easy kills. Warriors on the other hand....

As a 2400 exp warrior I can tell you, yes you will be able to take down hunters if your CD's are played very well. Namely Bladestorm and Heroic Leap. Also, you will need to use Piercing Howl after every charge becasue if he's any good he will jump it. If he manages to max range you after Heroic Leap is down, You lost.

>>SUPER MEGA TRICK<<
    Fear the hunter, but mainly his pet right at the start.

When his pet is feared HE CANNOT USE MASTERS CALL. This will allow you to imp hamstring him for 5 seconds. Here you wanna push out as much damage as you can; on the last second of the snare use throwdown. After that throwdown is trinketed disarm him. By this time your charge will be off cd, so after his disengage charge and reckstorm, This will force the deterance, and most likely waste the traps he tired to lay to stop you.

Regarding the mage, you will most likely have no change at winning. What you do will change depending on what the mage does, so I won't post something that long. However, I can offer a few tips when fighting mages.

1. Mages usually cast deep freeze right after their first blink, have spell reflect ready for this moment. Good mages know you will always do this so it only work to a certain degree.

2. After his blink, try as hard as you can - charge or HL - to get to him in a throwdown, this will force a trinket or an ice block. After his next blink reck storm him.

3. When you have no gap closers, even if you won't be on the mage for the next few globals pop SW, the extra damage mitigation will certainly help out.

DK's. It's a hero class.
    Tho I don't have problems with Mages or Hunters when I play my Destro Lock or Boomkin. :<
    Hi

All of you guys must be really good at killing rogues. I smash everything 1vs1 on my rogue.

DKs and hunters.
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Hunters pwn mages..
    Only bad mages. Good mages can counter a hunter completely.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

10+ Year Old Account
    My roommate is a ret pally, he can 1v1s frost mages all the time and wins. He bitches and moans, but he makes it threw.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Isn't it

Mage > Everyone

Everyone > Hunter

?????

what game are you from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele shammys? could probally kill a mage and a hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    DK's. It's a hero class.
    We are clear to the end of Cataclysm, and there are still people out there that cling to this hero class garbage?

Oh my, we are in worse shape then I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Mage > Almost every class/spec

Almost every class/spec > Hunter

That would probably be a better illustration. There is a class/spec or two that can handle mage and class/spec or two that hunter can handle at 85. Other than that it is generally correct. No, blizzard does not care. They are playing mages not hunters this xpac.
    What game are you playing? I just started PvPing on my hunter as BM last week and I have wrecked every single class. It's the best when the melee come after you for an easy kill and find themselves crawling towards you as they are eaten by my pet. It's even funnier when healers think they can out-heal your dps and then you pop Bestial Wrath with trinket +timely Intimidate and take them out in 5 sec.

Deleted
    dk i would say, but a good hunter or mage is really impossible to kill on a melee its so hard.

ferals arent too bad if theyre good.

A good Lock/Hunter is gonna give a mage a hard time.

Hunters die to everything lol.