Deleted

Would like advice on new PC

Hi !

Like many others I'm here asking for advice on a new PC. I'm not looking for a machine built for gaming. I already own a very satisfying computer which allows me to run games etc. really well, but I need a portable PC (notebook ?) for university, because it's really more efficient to write on a computer rather doing it on paper and re-doing it later at home.

I need something small, but not too small (12-15 inches screen would be perfect), not too heavy, WITH LONG BATTERY AUTONOMY (need to be able to use it for several hours, I sometime have class for more than 8 hours a day and there aren't many possibilities to recharge it), and, most importantly, as cheap as possible (without skipping too much quality).

I don't care if it's a mac or a PC but I'm pretty sure a mac won't fit in my budget, wich is of 250 euro max (approximatively $330-340 I think).

Any advice ? Thanks !

Deleted
    Found Asus Eee PC 1215B in sweden for around 290 euro. That have 12" screen and 8 hours battery.

For such a low budget and long battery life you must look into 10-12" netbooks, proper laptop is not possible.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    If it's just for surfing and writing notes, perhaps something along the lines of a HP Pavilion DM1 would be fitting?
    Found here: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/se...computer_store

It has the AMD Fusion E350 APU which means it's very capable of HD video playback. 4Gb RAM is plenty, the 250Gb HDD is alright (albeit a bit slow, if you got the cash, swap it out for an SSD). It comes with Windows 7 64bit as well, looks good, has nice battery life, has a 11.6" 1366x768 resolution LED "BrightView" screen and doesn't weigh too much.

There are other choices with similar specs, for example the Samsung NP 350.