Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I find the people who are so depraved and desperate that they have to resort to prowling an online video game for sexual gratification very disturbing, and indeed I believe they fit the freak label very well. Apologies if you fit this profile and are offended. There's a real world out there. I have no problem with RP'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Devendra View Post
    I find the people who are so depraved and desperate that they have to resort to prowling an online video game for sexual gratification very disturbing, and indeed I believe they fit the freak label very well. Apologies if you fit this profile and are offended. There's a real world out there. I have no problem with RP'ers.
    I agree with you, sadly when I make this point in threads such as these people get upset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I agree with you, sadly when I make this point in threads such as these people get upset.
    In todays news
    People don't like being called freaks

more at 11

Deleted
    If people want/need to cyber, let them cyber.
    If it bothers you, tell them.
    If they apologize and move on, be happy they respected YOUR right to be there and respect theirs by not following to troll
    If they act like monkeys towards you, report them and win.

They're breaking the game rules, afterall, by adopting sexual content in the game, but unless it's done in trafficated places, it's not like it bothers anyone. I recently ran across 3 female characters and just continued my Roleplay, deciding to poke them a bit for fun so walked up closer and had my character react all shocked to experience such a thing. OOC'ly 2 of them swiftly whispered how sorry they were and that they'd leave now, I whispered back it was fine - have your fun. I then proceeded to IC'ly let my character cover his eyes and walk away. Big deal. They had fun. I got a laugh. We all win.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    Whatever you do, just don't go to Moon Guard upstairs in the Goldshire Inn beds at 3 am, just don't do it.
    ...Unless you're cleansing it with STEEL AND HOLY FIRE.

That's what my guild does on occasion.

Never encountered anything like that with people role playing etc... I am have stuff crafted for me for free though

Deleted
    And do you know who makes people desperate like that? Society. Mainly, people like you. The people who mock others for what they like to do, who make fun of them, exclude them, call them freaks.

Even still, I don't see how cybering or ERPing makes them freaks. It allows people to explore sexual fantasies they otherwise couldn't. It also allows them to do things they otherwise couldn't, because they get excluded because of their looks or social status.

There is nothing wrong with 'cyber' or erotic roleplay at all in fact. You are not a freak for doing this. But that being said, I feel that if people are to have their characters engage in romance/sex the most natural and polite thing is to do this someplace private.

If one is to ERP (erotic roleplay) find a dungeon/remote area/raid instance and ta-da! You are all alone with your intended.

There is no reason to mock or belittle those who like ERP, as long as they keep it private it is their business. If they are dumb enough to ERP in Goldshire however, then they do it to themselves.

Deleted
    Seen a few friends fall for each other over WoW. Unfortunatly the girl then turned into a person that uses blokes to get what she wants. She since ignored my friend and moved onto my other friend, he's GM of the guild so she's getting special treatment as you can imagine -.- Worst part? They live thousands of miles apart n never seen each other irl yet claim to be "in a relationship". I'm all for love but it seems a lil odd to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thealmightyf View Post
    And do you know who makes people desperate like that? Society. Mainly, people like you. The people who mock others for what they like to do, who make fun of them, exclude them, call them freaks.

Even still, I don't see how cybering or ERPing makes them freaks. It allows people to explore sexual fantasies they otherwise couldn't. It also allows them to do things they otherwise couldn't, because they get excluded because of their looks or social status.
    You are making alot of generalizations about me, solely due to the fact that I find people seeking sexual satisfaction in a game that is played by minors disturbing. Get down off your high horse and stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you seriouly feel like WoW is the only way for you to get off, and that "society" is to blame then you should probably seek medical help. I have no clue what ERP is. If it's discreet and both parties are consenting adults then that's no big deal. But when you get dude's lurking, spam whispering "girls", or "girls" trying to give cyber favours in order to further their acheivements and gear etc, those are the kinda things I'm referring to as disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by gridalien View Post
    Seen a few friends fall for each other over WoW. Unfortunatly the girl then turned into a person that uses blokes to get what she wants. She since ignored my friend and moved onto my other friend, he's GM of the guild so she's getting special treatment as you can imagine -.- Worst part? They live thousands of miles apart n never seen each other irl yet claim to be "in a relationship". I'm all for love but it seems a lil odd to me.
    classic guild exploiter, never seen it as the few girls I've had in my guild was usually pretty nice, gamer girls, and not attention whores....
    but heard of it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Thealmightyf View Post

Oh please get of your high horse. Believe it or not seeking sexual gratification in a virtual world is pretty freaky. I won't crucify them or start a witch hunt but don't get upset when people don't accept it. You can scream ignorance and oppression all you want but it still doesn't change that fact that ERP is pretty absurd.

Also stop with all these assumptions, generalizations and white knighting. Your self righteousness only serves to embarrass yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by RincrowTheOmnipotent View Post
    Oh please get of your high horse. Believe it or not seeking sexual gratification in a virtual world is pretty freaky. I won't crucify them or start a witch hunt but don't get upset when people don't accept it. You can scream ignorance and oppression all you want but it still doesn't change that fact that ERP is pretty absurd.

Also stop with all these assumptions, generalizations and white knighting. Your self righteousness only serves to embarrass yourself.
    10 bucks he's a paladin. that makes you a........ death knight ^^
    Last edited by theburned; 2011-09-18 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    classic guild exploiter, never seen it as the few girls I've had in my guild was usually pretty nice, gamer girls, and not attention whores....
    but heard of it a lot
    I miss out on lots on things. Never had a girl, or someone with a female avatar try and take advantage. Never dealt with it in any of the guilds I was in. Everyone was too busy joking around or talking about WoW and other videogames, politics, pretty much small talk.

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    10 bucks he's a paladin. that makes you a........ death knigt ^^
    As long as I get death grip and that awesome looking armor its aaaaalllllll good.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devendra View Post
    Most ERP'ers are prolly kids.

Only had one.
    Opened a female BE for fun, then asked help from someone, and after he helped me, he asked me if I was a girl. I played along and said yeah, then he asked how old I was, to which I responded, 14. He then asked me if I like older guys, and said he was 18.
    While not as weird as OP's, this had me in shock, deleted the char and haven't logged in for a week after that

i agree with op, freaks b freakin in goldshire hrd dat 1

We had a guildie invite a friend to the guild, this new person said they were female. Most of the guild didn't interact with said person much, except one of our younger guildies. After a session of cybering one night with the younger guildie, this new person confessed to their friend who invited them to the guild that they were male. We never let the younger guildie live it down.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWiggles View Post
    We had a guildie invite a friend to the guild, this new person said they were female. Most of the guild didn't interact with said person much, except one of our younger guildies. After a session of cybering one night with the younger guildie, this new person confessed to their friend who invited them to the guild that they were male. We never let the younger guildie live it down.
    Lmao! Heinous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once ran into some guys cybering in the deeprun tram.. found it kind of weird some of the things said while I was waiting for the tram.

Other than that I haven't really ran into much.