Thread: Darksiders 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    saying your opinion isn't trolling.

Anyways I got darksiders on the steam summer sale, played it for like an hour and it's meh at best. I might pick up 2 in a year or 2 when it's like 5 bucks
    Playing any game for an hour and saying its "meh at best" is just silly. A 20 hour game (doing everything) won't shine to a lot of people only an hour in. It's called pacing, games have them. And, if you limit yourself by judging a game OVERALL by playing it for merely and hour, you're doing yourself a great injustice.

Deleted
    Wow, i didnt even know it was in progress :O looking forward to it, thanks for sharing :P

War is rather dull and not talkative... I'm glad developers recognized that and decided to make Death talk. Apparently he's supposed to be quite chatty and sarcastic.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    all I can say is... DO WANT

Dev videos say they've fixed the issues with puzzles, so no more Black Throne nonsense. First game was rather short, too, and they also say they're gonna address that, and people complaining that it was too much like Zelda. Think the second game is something closer to single-player Diablo (loot whores-r-us!)

By far my favorite hack-n-slash, because the story actually interests me. I personally don't give two shits about whiners calling it a god of war clone... they call every hack-n-slash a GOW clone these days
    oh god, please no diablo. I liked it beeing close to zelda. Diablo is a 1a example of a boring game, no diversity at all and not even challenging combat. Btw what wass wrong with black throne?

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    oh god, please no diablo. I liked it beeing close to zelda. Diablo is a 1a example of a boring game, no diversity at all and not even challenging combat. Btw what wass wrong with black throne?
    I had no problems with that zone, but a lot of people complained that the puzzle you needed to solve was way too long and tedious

oh and the combat doesn't look like it's boring to me... here is a demo video they put out in july:

there is another combat demo video from Comic Con 2011, but most videos up on youtube are terribad quality =/
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-09-19 at 01:09 AM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Death's ability to link his scythes together into a large ass weapon is boner inducing. The animations, graphics and overall changes to the game have me antsy with anticipation.

Deleted
    I loved the first game and I'm really excited for Darksiders 2.
    You can't say no to Darksiders 2 after watching this:
    *spoilers!*

the most "complete" Comic Con demo video I could find on youtube, but the quality is meh... best if you turn down the sound, because the announcer is kinda cheesy and there's a woman repeating herself in the background

Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Playing any game for an hour and saying its "meh at best" is just silly. A 20 hour game (doing everything) won't shine to a lot of people only an hour in. It's called pacing, games have them. And, if you limit yourself by judging a game OVERALL by playing it for merely and hour, you're doing yourself a great injustice.
    a good game will draw you in immediately. and 1/20th of the gameplay should be a good indicator of what the game is like. and since you said 20 hours was everything i assume just playing the game is shorter so it's > 1/20th of the gameplay. Just seemed like generic God of War and Devil May Cry.

that's my opinion. deal with it.
    Last edited by bals; 2011-09-19 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    By far my favorite hack-n-slash, because the story actually interests me. I personally don't give two shits about whiners calling it a god of war clone... they call every hack-n-slash a GOW clone these days
    This cos GoW is the King of Hack-n-slash since the release of gow1

Btw I liked the 1st, i'm def gonna buy the 2nd

a good game will draw you in immediately. and 1/20th of the gameplay should be a good indicator of what the game is like. and since you said 20 hours was everything i assume just playing the game is shorter so it's > 1/20th of the gameplay. Just seemed like generic God of War and Devil May Cry.

that's my opinion. deal with it.
    I'll deal with it being your opinion. But you can deal with my opinion as well without being snooty.

1/20th of a game should not account for your overall judgement off it nor does it indicate anything. And saying that a "good game will draw you in immediately" is fine. And guess what? Darksiders draws you in but then it has a lull, then action, then lull, repeated by action. It is called pacing and games have it. If you cant be assed to put up with a lull after action then that is up to you but in no way at all does that mean the game is "meh".

So yeah, it's your opinion to not like a game and it's your right to say a game is bad. But seriously, you played an hour into a 20 hour game. What did you expect? Fireworks and nonstop action all the way through that one hour? When does the action get a break in your games? Shit, an hour into that game is still almost the tutorial. Learn about pacing in games, it exists to make action more exciting, deal with it.

I'll deal with it being your opinion. But you can deal with my opinion as well without being snooty.

1/20th of a game should not account for your overall judgement off it nor does it indicate anything. And saying that a "good game will draw you in immediately" is fine. And guess what? Darksiders draws you in but then it has a lull, then action, then lull, repeated by action. It is called pacing and games have it. If you cant be assed to put up with a lull after action then that is up to you but in no way at all does that mean the game is "meh".

So yeah, it's your opinion to not like a game and it's your right to say a game is bad. But seriously, you played an hour into a 20 hour game. What did you expect? Fireworks and nonstop action all the way through that one hour? When does the action get a break in your games? Shit, an hour into that game is still almost the tutorial. Learn about pacing in games, it exists to make action more exciting, deal with it.

Who is the one coming off snooty here?

Who is the one coming off snooty here?
    As a reply to someone who was snooty first? Well then I would be guilty.

But that's not here nor there and has nothing to do with the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    The original darksiders was an awful game I'd much rather bayonetta 2
    Bayonetta was fun. Darksiders wasnt THAT bad. It was a nice distraction but at the end of the day it was Zelda on HD consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty awesome, can't wait

i bought darksider when it came out, played it one time then stopped playing cause i could not get in to it, then i hard about darksiders 2 and i dug it out and it was actualy a pretty fun one time play through game and i hope they make more up to all the horsemen, i was hoping they would go in order like war, conquest, famine, then death.
    Last edited by mizeri; 2011-09-19 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one was pretty fun, but I've heard that the second will lean more to the side of a Diablo-style RPG, which makes me anticipate the second one even more!

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt play the first one but from the ppl i hang with they weren't to pleased with it. i read an article about the new one and i have to say it got me interested.

As a reply to someone who was snooty first? Well then I would be guilty.

But that's not here nor there and has nothing to do with the topic.
    I just wanted to point out I never said that the game was bad. I said it it was "meh"
    Also I never said anything about how slow the game was. Not sure why you decided to insult my intelligence about game pacing. I said it failed to draw me in which a game that short should do in the first hour. Look at Zone of the Enders 2. That game is maybe like 6 hours tops and it felt awesome right at the beginning

Notice these are all person opinions. I even said I would try this next game (i'll probably even finish the first one sometime). Not sure why you are trying to persuade me to change my opinion and say my opinion is bad
    Last edited by bals; 2011-09-19 at 04:41 AM.

I just wanted to point out I never said that the game was bad. I said it it was "meh"
    Also I never said anything about how slow the game was. Not sure why you decided to insult my intelligence about game pacing. I said it failed to draw me in which a game that short should do in the first hour. Look at Zone of the Enders 2. That game is maybe like 6 hours tops and it felt awesome right at the beginning

Notice these are all person opinions. I even said I would try this next game (i'll probably even finish the first one sometime). Not sure why you are trying to persuade me to change my opinion and say my opinion is bad
    Not trying to persuade you to change your opinion at all. There is the miss communication. I'm merely saying that anyone who has played a game barely past its tutorial stage and thinks it's meh really hasn't even played the game.

I never insulted your intelligence, sorry if it seemed that way. I think you should realize that not everyone who responds to you is doing so with that douchey leer that your assuming they are posting in.

But I digress, this is going nowhere. You think the game is meh after barely playing, that's your opinion. I find it funny that people (anyone, not just you) who barely scratch the surface of a game find the need to even talk about it's quality. That is where we stand, doesn't look like it's changing. Let's just leave it at that and let the topic stay about Darksiders 2.