Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    does "starting on monday 19th" mean the next maintainance? so will the europeans get their nerfbat on wednesday the 21st?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Whoever is in charge of the difficulty progression curve at Blizzard for WoW needs to be fired.
    They've fucked up the leveling curve>heroics>raids>heroic raids so bad this ex-pac they need to be turfed.
    Give raiders their hard modes Blizz, but next time don't forget the rest of your fucking subscribers until 6-10 months after an expac release.

edit: formatting.
    Agreed. Back in Wrath, my guild and I took down all the normal-mode bosses except Yogg-Saron when they were current content. I don't feel welcome in current-tier content in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    does "starting on monday 19th" mean the next maintainance? so will the europeans get their nerfbat on wednesday the 21st?
    No, I believe they are being implemented via a hotfix, not a full maintenance

Also, MMO-report is so win

I think TBC is getting so much art love because there was a lot of sweet stuff to create masterpieces of. LK and Cata - not so much. There are only so many pictures of Arthas and Deathwing that are worth displaying. These expansions have been too much of a one-trick-pony with a couple half-hearted side stories. BC had a lot going on at all times, at least that's how it seemed to me. If I had one idea that could be used for LK and Cata expasion artwork it'd be depictions of the Azerothian races falling over and dying from the excruciating grind of doing SOOOOO many dailies EVERY DAY. That seems to be theme of anything they put in WoW now..."We're giving you a new hub............WITH MOAR DAILIES!!!! Players will have to do these for X amount of days before unlocking....................................THE NEXT SET OF DAILIES! Which will be done for a shorter amount until you reach THE FINAL SET OF DAILIES which will then leave you with 15 daily quests to do at your new hub. We think this is a great way to get players to enjoy WoW and see some new content." And let's face it - dailies are interesting for like a day or two, or maybe until you've rotated thru them all (granted there are ones that change every day) and then it's just another SUPER boring rep grind. Rep grinding and the total snore-factor could be another good theme for some artwork for LK and Cata. Dear Blizz...We get enough repetition with raiding and wiping and raiding and more wiping. Dailies and rep grinds DO NOT make this game more fun or more engaging. -Love and kisses, your players.

what more could you ask for? Guild Wars 2 news, but minecraft will do just fine.

Deleted
    Nerfing content this early? Someone has told them that easier content = more subscribers. My guess is that future raids will be much easier.

I really don't understand Blizzard about nerfing the HM...

4.2 was released during the holiday , that didn't help guild's progress. And now so many guild are trying Ragna HM ..

Did they smoke drugs?

sweet nerfs, i welcome this change

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    I think TBC is getting so much art love because there was a lot of sweet stuff to create masterpieces of. LK and Cata - not so much. There are only so many pictures of Arthas and Deathwing that are worth displaying. These expansions have been too much of a one-trick-pony with a couple half-hearted side stories. BC had a lot going on at all times, at least that's how it seemed to me. If I had one idea that could be used for LK and Cata expasion artwork it'd be depictions of the Azerothian races falling over and dying from the excruciating grind of doing SOOOOO many dailies EVERY DAY. That seems to be theme of anything they put in WoW now..."We're giving you a new hub............WITH MOAR DAILIES!!!! Players will have to do these for X amount of days before unlocking....................................THE NEXT SET OF DAILIES! Which will be done for a shorter amount until you reach THE FINAL SET OF DAILIES which will then leave you with 15 daily quests to do at your new hub. We think this is a great way to get players to enjoy WoW and see some new content." And let's face it - dailies are interesting for like a day or two, or maybe until you've rotated thru them all (granted there are ones that change every day) and then it's just another SUPER boring rep grind. Rep grinding and the total snore-factor could be another good theme for some artwork for LK and Cata. Dear Blizz...We get enough repetition with raiding and wiping and raiding and more wiping. Dailies and rep grinds DO NOT make this game more fun or more engaging. -Love and kisses, your players.
    Then what do you suggest then if you think yyou know how to run blizz game smart one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I don't feel welcome in current-tier content in Cataclysm.
    Myself and other guildies would agree on this.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    ulduar was the best raid content released

TBC was best part of WOW and its showing. It was the time when 2 full teams were working on the game - one doing Expansion and another helping with it + imrpoving orginal game. Now there is just one half compitent team there - full of interns ... that are simply not good enough handeling and taking the game forward. Its showing on every front - including the lack of news coming forward.

PPL have said it here before. Cata has failed simply because it did not build a bridge between leveling, the 5 man content and the raiding. Its really a joke to see how Blizzard has done their balancing in this expansion. Instead of building a solid experienced based on gratual improving players and raids... they just took a piss on the entire experience from start to finish. If they want ppl to enjoy see the content - they should change the raids to 5 man instances instead of nering them to the ground.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-09-18 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Before patch 4.3 is released, we want groups who are working on Heroic-difficulty content to be able to get as close to Ragnaros as possible"Does this mean they will nerf everything but rag? I mean they've already nerfed 50m hp off him which made phase 3 a joke and phase 4 take way less time. Its going to be so satisfying for the guilds that kill this after the nerf "YEEEEAAAHHHHH WE DID IT, too bad we did it with a 40% hp nerf, it just doesn't feel...satisfying..."

Not really understanding the point of nerfing Heroic Modes. Nerfing Normals to get more people through it makes sense if they're not happy with the numbers. Nerfing Heroic Mode is just... odd. Why have a "hard" mode if you're going to make it not "hard"?

Also, what do they think this trend is going to lead to? Do they think lowering the bar now will get people trained for Deathwing? It's just setting a lower bar for an already easy instance (normal).

I play with a bunch of morons (<3 being anonymous here). One of our Warrior tanks gems full Avoidance. Our Paladin tank wears a few DPS pieces. We have people who should be perma-equipped with surf boards because all they do is ride lava waves. None of this, however, is enough to keep us from clearing all 7 bosses on 25man every week. (Talking normal of course).

Where are the nerfs needed again? If you're worse than the group of people I play with, you really don't belong in a raid. Sorry. That's video games. There are winners and losers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Not really understanding the point of nerfing Heroic Modes. Nerfing Normals to get more people through it makes sense if they're not happy with the numbers. Nerfing Heroic Mode is just... odd. Why have a "hard" mode if you're going to make it not "hard"?

Also, what do they think this trend is going to lead to? Do they think lowering the bar now will get people trained for Deathwing? It's just setting a lower bar for an already easy instance (normal).

I play with a bunch of morons (<3 being anonymous here). One of our Warrior tanks gems full Avoidance. Our Paladin tank wears a few DPS pieces. We have people who should be perma-equipped with surf boards because all they do is ride lava waves. None of this, however, is enough to keep us from clearing all 7 bosses on 25man every week. (Talking normal of course).

Where are the nerfs needed again? If you're worse than the group of people I play with, you really don't belong in a raid. Sorry. That's video games. There are winners and losers.
    My bet on hc nerf , they noticed the big geargap between guilds that allready did hc's in t11 and the guilds that didn't , the first grp blasted thru firelands normal while the 2nd struggled , they want to avoid that for the final raid.

well considering the kill rate of heroic ragnaros right now is 0.95% of all guilds in the world, and the rest besides Ryo and shannox are under 10%, I think blizzard realised they may have overtuned this tier a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope WoW news picks up soon, RL news sucks because it's always depressing.

Did anyone see this at the battle.net support page?

http://i.imgur.com/Fv3lZ.png

A shame you can't connect to those before it goes live... ;-)
    Be nice to nerds, chances are you might end up working for one. -- Charles J. Sykes

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    My bet on hc nerf , they noticed the big geargap between guilds that allready did hc's in t11 and the guilds that didn't , the first grp blasted thru firelands normal while the 2nd struggled , they want to avoid that for the final raid.
    Interesting point.

Although, truth be told, I was under the assumption that most of the Guilds that full-cleared FL normal week 1 were the guilds doing the fights on the PTR.