Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by adeeil View Post
    I guess it must be human kinds problem that you lack the IQ to even down normal modes but need a already massively simply game nerfed to come down to your level. They have already added power aura like things to help the tunnel vision crowd and to light up things on your action bar to see if you simply have a single synapse firing. And rotations made simpler and simpler while people still struggle at the game, I for one would rather be a nerd than a retard who is incapable of playing a nerfed simple game.
    I guess it's societies problem that people like you are too stupid to prioritize life before a meaningless game. - see I can be condescending and arrogant too about peoples decisions!
    Why the minority like you exist at all is beyond me, I would of thought you would of rotted away in your basement believing the world revolves around you and your meaningless achievements you boost yourself up with. I would of thought the world would of snuffed your useless elitist life out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]
    Again, none of these explanations quite "cut it" for me. If someone was to explain any possible, logical, reasoning on why these nerfs are necessary for the hard modes as well, I would greatly appriciate it!
    Um, they gave their reasons. you do not accept them does not mean they are invalid and need to provide you with something that is acceptable to you.

They want to help people to come to a closure with the current tier before the release of the next one. People will move onto the next tier once it is release and forget about the old one.

Here is your explanation:

Right now there are two tiers of current content: Normal and heroic.

The gap between normal and heroic is fairly significant. Argue against it all you want, the statistics show a large gap between the number of 7/7 guilds and guilds with at least 1 heroic kill.

Nerfing heroic modes essentially adds another tier of content for those players that were not good enough/didnt have the time to wipe on heroic modes. Additionally, the nerf to normals adds content for those players that were not good enough for raiding normal modes. This is basically blizzard recycling content for a new segment of their playerbase. Trying to justify unnerfed content with shit like "if they aren't good enough they shouldn't get it" or "they can already see normal mode" - No, those are invalid arguments. Heroic mode is different content because its increased difficulty, and despite what irrational beliefs about this game you might have, the better players at this game are not "entitled" to more content just by the merit of being good enough to do it.

If you are still in the middle of heroic progression then you are a very small segment of the playerbase.

I am willing to bet blizzard times its nerfing of content by seeing how quickly players are progressing through new bosses and then nerfs them when progression starts to become stagnant. When players hit their head against the wall endlessly against the same boss they cannot beat, they to leave in droves. If ragnaros was not nerfed, and isn't continued to be nerfed, blizzard will have a real shitshow on their hands because of guilds simply quitting because the boss is too hard.
    Last edited by cleotaurus; 2011-09-18 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joenanners View Post
    In the end if you were good enough you would of killed Rag by now.
    That is the prob tho. all those 3-5/7 heroic people are scared they will no longer be amazing ( because H shannox iz srs ) because everyone can try and might down just as many. How do you measure how great you are if blizz makes it so everyone has a shot?
    The stigma of being a greedy git is also playing a part too. Guys, it's ok to want loot and get it because it's easier.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've said this in other threads. I'm likely to not ever set foot in a FL heroic and I don't agree with nerfing hardmodes. Hard modes should be left as is for people who want to harder content. The nerfs to normal modes seem fine to me, since more people will get to see and complete it.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadobanex View Post
    Did you kno that guilds are actually disbanding bcs of how hard progression is this tier? a 10/13 t11 guild actually couldn't get past 2/7 this tier. And they've been around since BC and they just disbanded like 2 weeks ago. The guild was Mediocre at Best on stormscale (US). That was definitely not what Blizz was looking for. That's just 1 example but i've heard of a lot more disbanding.

Also, even if they nerf the hardmodes by 20% or w/e they did in t11 it's not like the bosses are gonna just become faceroll. (maybe on normal, but not heroic) You're still gonna have to do your job and the mechanics during the fight. You're not gonna just be able to send everyone but 1 person up on beth or something crazy like that. Sure it may not be as hard or w/e but the fights will still be a difficult. Theres a pretty solid 3-4/7 wall that a lot of groups are hitting.
    Well my guild was 2/13 in T11 and we're 2/7hc in T12 so erh.....no.

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    As much as I wholly agree with you OP, I'd like to point out that the 30% buff effected both normal and heroic mode ICC. They HAVE done this in the past though it was for the last raid of the expansion. They'll probably do that again for Deathwing but the difference is that FL is a ton harder than ToC and so they feel the need to make heroic and normal modes BOTH more accessible.
    It's basically this. As much as i disagree with it, being a raider currently progressing on hardmodes, this seems to be the only logical reason.

What spurred this decision, or why Blizzard felt this action was needed/ a solution to some problem, i don't know. But they seem to want to preserve the difficulty curve from normals into heroics, thus they nerf both difficulties.

I actually expected Blizzard to reverse their decision regarding heroics after seeing how most heroic raiders felt on the forums, but Blizzard obviously have more metrics/data than just forum responses and are standing by their decision apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started my guild, and we find it great that it won't be as hard to catch up.

OURS IS THE FURY -- Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I don't see pugs clearing FL at all. Not sure what server you are on. The bottom line is if stuff is too hard most people just say this is stupid and play another game. There are a minority that think hey let's become better raiders, when in fact in the grand scheme of things it really is nothing worth bettering yourself at. If MOST of your players aren't finishing your content it's overtuned. I'm on the side of the casual player in this regard.
    I was just in a Zg Heroic and the two dps were pulling 8k and the healer couldnt keep people up in a simple heroic,Kings Guard is a interesting name"),and they were in 378 gear that was bought with doing heroics each week. They can only DUMB down content so far until it is basically worthless content. If people that can't clear a ZA/ZG whine and moan about firelands being too hard then is there opinion even worth considering? When you are that bad and are that incompetant what is everyone else that has a actual heartbeat supposed to do?

Lightbringer server has numerous good alt/pug runs that full clear FL. But only people that are known to be good players are invited and that have already cleared the content. So with alts in t11 and 359 gear clearing FL then it shows that content isnt actually overtuned but the players themselves.

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Here is your explanation:

Right now there are two tiers of current content: Normal and heroic.

The gap between normal and heroic is fairly significant. Argue against it all you want, the statistics show a large gap between the number of 7/7 guilds and guilds with at least 1 heroic kill.

Nerfing heroic modes essentially adds another tier of content for those players that were not good enough/didnt have the time to wipe on heroic modes. Additionally, the nerf to normals adds content for those players that were not good enough for raiding normal modes. This is basically blizzard recycling content for a new segment of their playerbase. Trying to justify unnerfed content with shit like "if they aren't good enough they shouldn't get it" or "they can already see normal mode" - No, those are invalid arguments. Heroic mode is different content because its increased difficulty, and despite what irrational beliefs about this game you might have, the better players at this game are not "entitled" to more content just by the merit of being good enough to do it.

If you are still in the middle of heroic progression then you are a very small segment of the playerbase.

I am willing to bet blizzard times its nerfing of content by seeing how quickly players are progressing through new bosses and then nerfs them when progression starts to become stagnant. When players hit their head against the wall endlessly against the same boss they cannot beat, they to leave in droves. If ragnaros was not nerfed, and isn't continued to be nerfed, blizzard will have a real shitshow on their hands because of guilds simply quitting because the boss is too hard.
    You are of course talking about H Rag, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    We're working on our 4th HM kill and I'm pretty happy with the changes. Mostly because recruitment on our server is currently impossible and some good players quitting has us in a difficult place in terms of finding replacements.

That's just me, but there you go, one example of a person working on HM's who does not mind. I do enjoy the challenge, but not bashing my head for weeks on end on relatively simple bosses because I had to bring in another ZA/ZG geared newbie...
    If you had a stable roster, would you mind the nerfs?