Deleted

Domo HC - Feint management.

Hey guys.

Me and my guildies gonna try to do some Majordomo HC attempts.
    What I want to know is how to pop Feint at first scorpion phase. We going to survive 9 slashes and yesterday I haven't any problems to fit Feint for 3-4 slashes but after that I could only every 2.
    Any ideas on how to migitate slashes as much as possible and put some stress from healers off ;p

Domo H is pretty much all done in cat, no slashes should be taken by the raid group.

If it lasts long enough, use it right before and it might get both?

H Domo should be done almost entirely in cat mode, look up some strats on youtube. He's in scorpion only to reset it so you don't have oodles of fire circles all over the place. No one should ever be taking any slash damage, if they do, you're doing it wrong.
    In the battle between good and evil, evil has more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Domo H is pretty much all done in cat, no slashes should be taken by the raid group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikayshen View Post
    H Domo should be done almost entirely in cat mode, look up some strats on youtube. He's in scorpion only to reset it so you don't have oodles of fire circles all over the place. No one should ever be taking any slash damage, if they do, you're doing it wrong.
    Yup I saw some. However there were some tacts with slashes and we will gonna reduce scorpion phase to 5 slashes and this should be much easier for healers.

You dont do handle HC mode like normal mode where everyone stand infront for the slash. If you do that, you will have your concentration reset too much, thus lowering your dps, thus your gonna hit the enrage timer hard.

If you have a pally tank, every-other scorpion phase he will solo a slash. But after the slash, or before 1st slash, just spread just spread right back out.

The only defensive cooldown trick is with the seeds. When you have a seen, when the timer is at 1sec or less, pop cloak of shadows. You will still explode but your concentration will not reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueDurr View Post
    You dont do handle HC mode like normal mode where everyone stand infront for the slash. If you do that, you will have your concentration reset too much, thus lowering your dps, thus your gonna hit the enrage timer hard.

If you have a pally tank, every-other scorpion phase he will solo a slash. But after the slash, or before 1st slash, just spread just spread right back out.

The only defensive cooldown trick is with the seeds. When you have a seen, when the timer is at 1sec or less, pop cloak of shadows. You will still explode but your concentration will not reset.
    Hmm I think that your arguments are proper :/ We had attemt to 11% and enrage ate us. Also I figure it out with CoS and timing (just like Electricity at Nef) and it helps a lot.
    Gonna try with cat 7/0/7/0[...]

It should be 1/7/0/7/1 ect ect. If you have GS from a priest you can have your tank eat 1 slash every scorp phase when he doesn't have his personal CD up

Definitely do the no slash technique, it's by far the easiest way. Maybe take a few at the start if you like, 3 or 4 max if you're worried about getting a second orb phase, but never take any during seeds. It's best to just get spread out before a slash goes out to cause less confusion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like everyone said the Majority of Heroic Domo is done in cat phase. About the only time it will be proper to fit feint in (on a good pull, not one where you don't stack quick enough and get the whole raid pounced on), is every time you get seeds. You're gonna end up waiting till about 5-4 seconds left on the debuff before you explode, then feint > sprint out of raid to let it blow up. Bout the only usage you'll get out of feint on heroic domo right there. Of course, you can spam it on CD the first few times for the threat reduction if for some reason you're doing it as assassination. Threat's a large issue on that fight, at least pre tank threat buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxis86 View Post
    Like everyone said the Majority of Heroic Domo is done in cat phase. About the only time it will be proper to fit feint in (on a good pull, not one where you don't stack quick enough and get the whole raid pounced on), is every time you get seeds. You're gonna end up waiting till about 5-4 seconds left on the debuff before you explode, then feint > sprint out of raid to let it blow up. Bout the only usage you'll get out of feint on heroic domo right there. Of course, you can spam it on CD the first few times for the threat reduction if for some reason you're doing it as assassination. Threat's a large issue on that fight, at least pre tank threat buff.
    Yea... not really. It has been posted above already. If you cloak with <1s left on the debuff, you will not take any damage and keep your concentration. No reason to feint there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Yea... not really. It has been posted above already. If you cloak with <1s left on the debuff, you will not take any damage and keep your concentration. No reason to feint there.
    Guess you're right

Deleted
    Unlike all my previous speaker say you can do Domo heroic perfectly fine the "regular way". This give us the chance to play it with more healer (disc priest with smite specc is pretty strong here), we don't need a combat rogue to handle the cats and we can take slashes without worrying about random death. Downside is obvious, less concentration. But honestly? Our ranged are probably around 40% legendary concentration (that's the 100% buff called) over the entire fight and melee around 60% (due to not getting interrupted once during all cat phases) and we never had an issue with the enrage timer, killing him for 10 weeks now straight with 10/8/5/8/3/8/.../dead.

With less slashes you'll have to survive two seed phases (second one + leap can be pretty nifty) and if your dps is really lacking you might even have to survive a second set of orbs.

btw: isn't solo solo soaking fixed? You'll have him at 80 energy instantly thus winning almost nothing or is that a 25m thing only?

Deleted
    @ klausistklaus

Could you link me a combat log of your Majordomo kills when you do the "regular way" on heroic? I'm not doubting you that you done but I just want to see it how it actually looks like since my guild is doing him on heroic and we have got him to 12% as lowest due to alot of deaths in the end by doing the fight basically in Cat phase. I just want to compare your combat log with mine and see which would actually be better. Would be sweet to see one atleast

This is a log from last week. My guild always does the 'regular' way. No rogue parse as I just got mine to 85 today and am working swapping from my warrior but I should have one with him in for a kill in a week or so.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...s=9939&e=10473

Deleted
    We do it 0-7-0-7-etc. Start grouped up, Scorpion phase to 70 energy, then spread out, when Cat gets 7th buff stack up, rinse repeat. Very easy fight and we oneshot it on HC every week.

I think theres some confusion in that he didn't mention 10m. The enrage requirements in 10m are a complete joke. Now if some one has a 25m hm where they took scorpion phases like in normal mode, please feel free to show me up. I have a feeling that a lot of the people mentioning enrage are raiding 25m.

@OP
    I would say the key thing is feinting the second to last one as that will be the hardest one for the healers to top up the raid after. The last one won't be as big of a deal as there is plenty of time to top up the raid during the first bit of cat phase. And as it clearly gets harder to top up after each one, the 2nd to last has them healing the most in the least time. So just figure out how many you will be taking so you know where to use your first feint on.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2011-09-19 at 02:50 PM.