Thread: Prot question

Prot question

I think I could go for avoidance cap in my current gear. My question is it worth dropping the stam?

my current armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drbread/simple

you couldn't get CTC caped in current gear... but wow get some new professions.

Dropping stam for avoidance/mitigation is generally a good idea, unless you're dropping so much stam you're in risk of dying before heals can land. Less damage taken is better than being able to take more damage, assuming you can still take enough damage. I think the standard quote is 2 1/2 hits with the raid buffs you'll have.

but wow get some new professions.
    You greatly overestimate the worth of professions if that is your feedback to this question.

Must be nice to play a class where even considering using stamina is good. Gotta say stacking agility gets a little old on my druid.

Your question: Yes. It's worth it to drop your stamina. Stamina is practically worthless, given raid buffs and everything you should have ~180k hp. If a boss hits you for 40k, you're not going to die in two, three, or four hits. You'll die on the fifth hit (40,000x5=200,000). That is why stamina is completely pointless. The only time stamina is even remotely decent is for very large magic damage fights, and heroic progression (keyword there is progression).

Red slots: Parry Mastery. Yellow slots: Mastery. Blue slots: Mastery Stamina.
    Change your glove enchant, you have a 378 and you can't invest in 65 mastery? >.>
    I didn't look at your rep, but if you can buy the Avenger's of Hyjal trinkets, buy the strength dps one. It's a huge chunk of mastery, and the strength use is a meh amount of parry + damage increase (for Alysrazor, I guess...)
    As Chanserv said... Maybe invest time in other professions. All I can see is you having herbalism, which is... for lack of a better word, terrible. It doesn't really mean a lot in the long run, but every bit helps. Blacksmith and jewel crafting are, as always, the best set up (huge extra mastery boost from them.)
    Last edited by Mystile; 2011-09-18 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although your gear isnt full firelands quality, the low end stuff is still pretty heavy on mastery. Even if u switch to essence of eternal flame (mastery + str on use) trinket; (with spindle from beth being preffered) I can see you still hitting CTC 102.4 % avoidance. Secondly, YES. It is DEFINATELY WITHOUT A DOUBT worth getting CTC capped. Although even when you block an attack (without holy shield up) the most physical damage you'll ever take is 70%, meaning you can no longer be HIT. (yes you will receive a blow, but its not a HIT, its a block, parry or dodge)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    You greatly overestimate the worth of professions
    OK... let me get a useless haste buff and a 1k heal and not getting an extra 81 mastery that would greatly help me CTC cap... every time you post you just post moronic things.

As Chanserv said... Maybe invest time in other professions. All I can see is you having herbalism, which is... for lack of a better word, terrible.
    /sigh

Herbalism is the greatest profession someone can have to pick herbs.

let me get a useless haste buff and a 1k heal and not getting an extra 81 mastery that would greatly help me CTC cap...
    81 master would GREATLY help? Sure. Whatever. Point is, everyone doesn't min-max to the point of picking professions based on the profession bonus. If he said "Hey guyz! Help me min-max my professions!" you'd be right to point it out. As it is, you're just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. If he wants to have gathering professions for whatever reason, let him. I picked my professions based on what I want. Engineering for toys and Enchanting so I don't have to keep looking for an enchanter. As I run with 1 main, and can't seem to level an alt to 85, I've no reason to to drop my professions for more min-maxed professions. It would, infact, be detrimental to my gameplay experience. All for 81 more mastery. Or Stamina. Or Strength. Or whatever else I want to put in there.

Must be nice to play a class where even considering using stamina is good. Gotta say stacking agility gets a little old on my druid.
    Except, all tanks have the same consideration for Stamina. Make sure you have enough to survive a few hits without heals. After that, any extra stam is nice, but not at the cost of mitigation/avoidance.

Deleted
    On the profession:

Of course they are important.

Rolling BS+JC would get you another 161 Mastery.

On the profession:

Of course they are important.

Rolling BS+JC would get you another 161 Mastery.
    Not denying that they have bonuses, merely denying that the bonuses are worth more than having the professions you want.

Deleted
    since you can get ctc caped without needing to get jc isntead of herbalism all that taking jc would give you is 120 stamina.

not exact but a good enough reason not to need to swap herby for jc unles your wanting to be realm toping your progression when 4.3 comes out.

and yes i also agree geting ctc caped is definately worth it.

it's also possibly having an alternative set with 1-2 items different so you an sue mirror of broken immages instead of hyjal rep trinket as it's 80 mastery less so having 1-2 items to make up the mastery differance means you have a useful magic cooldown on fights.