10+ Year Old Account

New Caverns of Time 5 Man

A purely speculative thread:

What do you think the new Caverns of Time 5 Man is going to be?

Personally I think it's going to be the backstory behind Deathwing, either his change from Neltharion to Deathwing, or his banishment into Deepholme. I think Blizzard has realized a lot of people feel disconnected from Deathwing as a villain, so they are going to patch up the holes and fill people in on the situation.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

well first of all he wasn't banished to deepholm, he's been camping aeonaxx and destroyed the world when somebody else got it while he was afk

As far as i know, the CoT 5 man will be War of the ancients:

taken from wowpedia:
    "War of the Ancients was previously mentioned as part of the Cataclysm release schedule, and was revealed to be included as one of three new five man instances in patch 4.3.0. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    A purely speculative thread:

What do you think the new Caverns of Time 5 Man is going to be?

Personally I think it's going to be the backstory behind Deathwing, either his change from Neltharion to Deathwing, or his banishment into Deepholme. I think Blizzard has realized a lot of people feel disconnected from Deathwing as a villain, so they are going to patch up the holes and fill people in on the situation.
    Yeah I remember them hinting at a possible CoT raid when they first announced Cata at Blizzcon. It was going to be War of the Ancients-based.

Unfortunately, I am going to assume that it's the War of the Ancients. There'd been so much hope at all the hints that we'd get it as a raid, but now, a 5-man seems more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, I didn't realize they had already named it, nice
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't realize they had already named it, nice
    They haven't, it's just pretty heavily hinted at by past stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    man im still mad the war of the ancients isnt going to be a raid

But on the plus side, FL is nerfed = free loot and the next tier is only just around the corner, that means new xpac VERY SOON MWUAHAHAHHA XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    If it's not set during WOTA, then it's likely set during the second war when he's fighting either Alexstraza or the Alliance Expedition.

My money is on WOTA since COT instances tend to focus on characters during pivotal moments of their character progression (Eg. Thrall finally becoming a free orc, Arthas beginning his journey towards madness).

Edit:Spell Edit
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-09-18 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    Let's just hope it's something i can solo. On more serious note though

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    My money is on WOTA

So lame, but yea war of the ancients. Would be much preferred if they just held off and used it as a raid in another expansion.

Just point out that ALL the CoT instances are the best 5mans/raids you can get. Hands down.