Thread: feral dps

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Mew actually has an option to have a brez cast randomly during the fight for the simulation. Tranquility too.

I'm sure you could muddle around with the atramedes script in it to simulate a moving boss (though you are limited to periodic movements, that is movement at regular intervals).

Quote Originally Posted by Ragepaw View Post
    As stated many times before. Sims don't matter because they operate under 100% ideal circumstances. When someone builds a sim that will randomly have a tank go walk about, or stop in the middle to rez someone who died, or randomly lag for 5 seconds, then it will matter more.
    When talking about the dps ceiling of a class, sims do matter. They matter much more than some random feral saying that he tops the meters in his guild.

But the simmed DPS ceilings are reasonably similar, it's fight mechanics that let some classes pull a mile ahead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llilja View Post
    I like this. In comparison to other melee, I don't feel like feral is in a bad spot. In comparison to ranged, it's not only ferals that fall behind. It's not a problem specific to ferals that ranged dominate, within the melee pile ferals aren't doing horribly bad (say, we're not 20% behind other melee in general).
    I agree with this. Ferals whilst outputting good damage (with a decent player) also bring massive utility, even to a 10m raid in current content. Yes me and the mage might outdmg him, but on almost every fight the feral can help, be it with tranq, taunts, aoe, crutch tanking, combat resses, or simply movement speed increase. It's an extremely vertasile and valuable spec that's under no threat if the player is decent. And in terms of pure dps, it's not exactly far behind casters without legendaries.