Minecraft 1.8 Lagfest Bonanza!

Just sharing our high spirited adventures in the wonderful world of Minecraft 1.8 multiplayer. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRU5yuZDUR4
    HELL RACE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5wQj6mLKfM
    Last edited by RumlyD; 2011-09-20 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RumlyD View Post
    Just sharing our high spirited adventures in the wonderful world of Minecraft 1.8 multiplayer. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRU5yuZDUR4
    I watched all of the Team Mongoose videos and heard something with regards to this. Apparently there is an issue with types of setups servers have??? I know little on this. But depending on the server build lag is sometimes completely no existent. If you've not seen any of the Potato Orgy videos, it's mentioned in EP7 of the SMP videos posted this weekend.

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the pointer, will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RumlyD View Post
    Oh, interesting. Thanks for the pointer, will check it out.
    Yeah sorry I'm not much of more help on this. One of the guys keeps crashing out and mentions that it doesn't happen on their other giant Buildcraft server but always seems to on the smaller let's play server. Potato mentions something about ?bucket? or something like that. I assume there was more to that but since I have zero MC multiplayer or server experience I'm not really sure mate.

We've got in touch with the host about the issues anyway. Thanks again.

Deleted
    Minecraft, still, really?

im only geting masive lag when new landscapes are generating. it actually got alot better while its raining...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding Minecraft 1.8.1 to be a lot more unstable than previous releases. Crashes fairly frequently, whereas I don't think I had experienced Minecraft crashing at all before.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finchy View Post
    Some games are meant to last.

A classic example of gameplay>graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    I'm finding Minecraft 1.8.1 to be a lot more unstable than previous releases. Crashes fairly frequently, whereas I don't think I had experienced Minecraft crashing at all before.

Yeh exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Finchy View Post
    We enjoy it. The new update added a ton of features. When we are having fun in a game, we tend to continue playing it. If it stops being fun for us then yeah, we'll probably stop playing it. Minecraft is still in beta. WoW has been out for years and years, yet some are still playing that because they enjoy it. If I wanted to be an arse I could come here and say 'WoW, still, really?' But I understand that people have a right to play whatever they enjoy playing.