Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    LOL are you serious? When was the last time a raid has been of great quality? You think these 7 bosses will be "epic?" when all the rest of the expac has been a joke? Fanboys are Fanboys no matter what evidence you put in their faces...

You are right about one thing though... people would rather have quality than quantity... too bad we have had neither in this entire expac.
    Last time I saw an epic raid was in vanilla and I even raided in BC .... your point is?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    I would ask that someone explain the logic of why a player is able to obtain Tier 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12 gear and has never stepped into the raid instance from which the gear corresponds, but there is no logic in that. For Tiers 1 through 6.5, World of WarCraft functioned logically -- If you wanted raiding gear, you raided. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, certain pieces were now offered from vendors for points obtained via raiding (Tier 7 and Tier 8). When Tier 9 was released, any recognizable feature of how raiding gear was obtained was undone. If you spent enough time grinding Emblems/points from 5-player dungeons, you would eventually receive the latest Tier gear without ever having stepped foot into the content for which those armor sets were built.
    You neglect to acknowledge the fact there are multiple sets in the same tier since tier 7 was released. I'd just be content posessing the full regular set while the hardcores can flaunt off their full heroic sets. But now they're making it impossible for players like myself to even get their hands on a regular piece of tier 13. Fuck, I'm still wearing a rare quality helm because of my piss poor luck in ZG (My main is plate DPS) and the fact my guild still can't get Cho'gall or Nefarian down, let alone start Firelands bosses. Now I hear you say "just /gquit and find a better guild". Well no, because all my friends are in my guild and I'm not gonna abandon them just so I can be l33t like you elitist pricks who play this game.
    No matter how you look at it. Blizz is just cockblocking us casual players with this new move and I'm not happy about it.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2011-09-19 at 05:36 PM.

The 3000+ quests 1-60 revamp want a word with you.

Dislike the short 80-85 but stop lying about the amount of content Cataclysm offered. It's by far the most of any expansion.
    Pick which one is which there buddy... the REVAMP was a REVAMP not an EXPANSION... using your own words to show how ignorant you are is fun...
    As for it by far being the most content... your looking at 16 less bosses than TBC, try and keep up with the facts, though your probably a wrath baby and have no idea what real content is or what and expansion means...
    I can tell you that it doesn't mean changing the color of eggs in the Crossroads quest line and calling it an expansion....
    Fanboys... they make the world go round!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my Ysera dragon skin = LOVE

well at least now Tier 13 can't be gotten by puggers, thats good news, and I also hope it won't be able to be obtained through LFR. Finally we have Tier Gear thats for raiders only and about damn time to. I'm tired of running my ZA/ZG LFD runs and seeing people walking around in 3/5 T12 but no raid progression in firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Last time I saw an epic raid was in vanilla and I even raided in BC .... your point is?
    Um I guess I have to hold hands here... the post that I commented on said that "supposedly" these 7 bosses are gonna be of great quality (that's the 7 delicious meals instead of 10 ok meals analogy) and its okay that the quantity was lacking BECAUSE they were gonna be of such good quality, thereby making up for the huge lack of raid bosses in this expac... My point was to point out that there hasn't been a raid of great quality in a long time so how could you honestly expect one now...

L@readandcomprehend...

Am I not using the correct language or something?

LOL and people wonder why they are dumbing down the game... hell people cant even read a simple post without asking for a dungeon book explaining every letter and not ask.... derp... your point is? derp derp!!

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Pick which one is which there buddy... the REVAMP was a REVAMP not an EXPANSION... using your own words to show how ignorant you are is fun...
    As for it by far being the most content... your looking at 16 less bosses than TBC, try and keep up with the facts, though your probably a wrath baby and have no idea what real content is or what and expansion means...
    I can tell you that it doesn't mean changing the color of eggs in the Crossroads quest line and calling it an expansion....
    Fanboys... they make the world go round!
    The old Vanilla 1-60 content bored me to tears pre-Cata and was in dire need of revamping. It was so dull, boring and repetitive, just like the Outland content currently is and made me reluctant to level alts.
    I just recently rolled a Hunter to try out the new 1-60 quests and I actually enjoyed it. But once I hit level 60, I levelled straight to 70 through the LFD just so I could get to Northrend ASAP. Don't bullshit me by saying the revamp wasn't necessary, because it damn well was! I hope Outland gets the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You neglect to acknowledge the fact there are multiple sets in the same tier since tier 7 was released. I'd just be content posessing the full regular set while the hardcores can flaunt off their full heroic sets. But now they're making it impossible for players like myself to even get their hands on a regular piece of tier 13. Fuck, I'm still wearing a rare quality helm because of my piss poor luck in ZG (My main is plate DPS) and the fact my guild still can't get Cho'gall or Nefarian down, let alone start Firelands bosses. Now I hear you say "just /gquit and find a better guild". Well no, because all my friends are in my guild and I'm not gonna abandon them just so I can be l33t like you elitist pricks who play this game.
    No matter how you look at it. Blizz is just cockblocking us casual players with this new move and I'm not happy about it.
    Oh man im paying for the game and i am in a bad guild with my friends, why can't blizzard hand me the gear? I am going to quit because i can't get tier 13.

What do you need tier 13 for? If you are running ZG/ZA why do you need it? Because it looks pretty? If you can't put the effort, don't want to put the effort then feel free to take the gear from dungeons and old tiers. You do not need current raid tier to do ZG, and you are not "entitled" to it just because you pay for the game. Cockblocking casual you say? No you can get tier 12, tier 11 and crafted gear. You are upset because you can't get current raid gear while running heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    •Tier 13 will not be available at all from valor points.•Epic gems will drop in the new raid in Normal and Heroic only. Each player gets a geode when a boss is killed which has a small chance to contain an epic gem, most will have rare gems. It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems.
    Are you TBC fans happy now?
    •Northrend will require 2/3rd of the experience it does now, making leveling alts faster.
    Northrend is not the issue. The issue is the amount of time to complete any Catacylsm dungeon (whether normal or heroic) takes too long. That is the real hang-up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    GC is still clinging to the botched healing model that drove away all the casual healers. They are happy with it.. mmk.
    Operation Red Wing

Emblem / badge gear only needs to be good enough to get you and your guild into the door of the current raid. The fact that it is even this good is new to late Wrath, and that was done because despite every other attempt they did - half or mroe of WoW was still not getting to the front door of the raids they made.

Like it or not this is not Guild Wars or City of Heroes where any max-level toon can do any content because there is no progression, only content. In those games you hit max level, and that's basically it. From there on the devs keep putting out new content, but of the same old difficulty. You either enjoy what they put out or make a new alt and repeat.

In WoW, they like to keep bumping up the progression - but the big flaw in doing that is it makes it harder and harder with each step for new people to join in. So they then get around it by making all the old tiers obsolete with emblem gear...

(by contrast in City of Heroes and Guild Wars - a dungeon put out on day one back in 2005 is still current progression, and new max-toons join in with old pros right away)

GC hinted that they see their progression method as troubled with his comment about level 120...

The question is - how long can they go stretching the rubber band with faster leveling and emblem gear to get people to the new stuff before the rubber snaps and WoW collapses?

PS: I'd glady trade you that plate DPS helm from ZG. I got stacks on them while trying to get a new tanking shoulders and a tanking helm... And getting outrolled twice on tank gear, oddly by holy paladins both times (shoulders for my warrior and DK weapon for my DK). That said if your main is a plate DPS, then you have access to either a tank or healer spec - so you can instant queue and run ZA content until you go nuts from repetitive screen viewing - and the tank or heal for FL-trash runs for even more goodies.

LF-Raid will let casuals like us see those raids, even when our guilds are in chaos (my horde guild is more or less de-facto dead in the water and can't even put together a 5-man anymore).

Deleted
    The old Vanilla 1-60 content bored me to tears pre-Cata and was in dire need of revamping. It was so dull, boring and repetitive, just like the Outland content currently is and made me reluctant to level alts. I just recently rolled a Hunter to try out the new 1-60 quests and I actually enjoyed it. But once I hit level 60, I levelled straight to 70 through the LFD just so I could get to Northrend ASAP. Don't bullshit me by saying the revamp wasn't necessary, because it damn well was! I hope Outland gets the same treatment.
    The thing I don't get is, the revamp is done, and it actually came with a full set of raids, 10+ bosses like you'd expect at launch. The lack of raiding content has been since launch so the whole revamp has nothing to do with it, so why the hell is there so little raiding content?

10+ Year Old Account
    The old Vanilla 1-60 content bored me to tears pre-Cata and was in dire need of revamping. It was so dull, boring and repetitive, just like the Outland content currently is and made me reluctant to level alts.
    I just recently rolled a Hunter to try out the new 1-60 quests and I actually enjoyed it. But once I hit level 60, I levelled straight to 70 through the LFD just so I could get to Northrend ASAP. Don't bullshit me by saying the revamp wasn't necessary, because it damn well was! I hope Outland gets the same treatment.
    Amen Brother, GOD how I want outlands revamp

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    There is enough riding content shut up troll,go get a job and a girlfriend and some friends then say that again, I dare ya.

I guess having the quests send you to the new quest giver 2 feet away and holding your hand by taking you to the quest items is a good thing for you, I am not here to say its not, but its a joke to me.
    Hell, they should put a magic sparkly line that goes from you leading to the quest items next I guess like in other games... to insure you not only dont have to read the quest text but that you can not even move off the most optimum route to get the quest complete. How dare they allow you to run around the wrong side of the mountain to get at the eggs and waste 13 seconds of your leveling time!!! Bastards at blizz!

I will send a strongly worded email to them for you sir... closing our eyes and letting our toons level themselves must be put in the game or we will all quit!!! Got cha dog! I will send this immediately in the hopes of making your 1-60 (and hopefully 60-70) experience much more enjoyable by allowing you to alt tab out and level still!

Quote Originally Posted by verrda View Post
    I raid maybe 3 hours every week (if that even) I have full T12 and the only upgrades I can currently get are from heroic modes which refuse to drop leather )yes I am one of the OH SO RARE PvE Rogues(

I play a grand total of maybe 4 hours everyweek if I log on at all besides raiding.

Granted, I have no problem with Blizzard just going, "HEY you're in the instance! Lets give you this full set of armor so you can go kill deathwing GO BE AWESOME!"

My point is, it doesn't take much effort and time if you a halfway decent player (or rather you raid is though that's another issue entirely)
    You want the best gear with little time involvement? wait for GW2 (which is going to be a much better game imho but to each his own)
    Bravo good sir!!.. you are a prime example of what I have been talking about in some posts.. to see the content and get the best gear does NOT require you to live infront of your PC. So to all you "I have a life bla bla bla" I can only say: Get some skill and you will be able to do the same. Raiding Hard modes doesn't mean you have to dedicate 100's of hours raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLocke View Post
    There is enough riding content shut up troll,go get a job and a girlfriend and some friends then say that again, I dare ya.
    great argument there, and i'm sure if you get 2 jobs and work double shift on both, with the 3 new 5 mans its more than enough. Why would you even need a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Are you TBC fans happy now? Northrend is not the issue. The issue is the amount of time to complete any Catacylsm dungeon (whether normal or heroic) takes too long. That is the real hang-up.
    TBC fans mad? It didn't take to much time at all once you got used to clearing the place up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diop View Post
    I'd rather have 15 mouthfuls of steak, they used to deliver that and really there's no reason why for the same monthly price we should be receiving half the content, sure inflation has gone up a bit, but not 200%, I've not heard of them having mass lay offs, so why is it they can no longer deliver large, full scale raids like Ulduar or two medium size raids like Tier 5?Or to use your analogy, I'd happily accept 5-6 mouthfuls of steak (very good) and another 6-7 mouthfuls of chips (good, but not as good as steak) than just 7 mouthfuls of steak so I don't starve during the week.
    Oh I agree, but whats to say that there isn't a Sunwell type added ice cream sundae?

lol I like how they added in"It will be like Ulduar" Not exact quote but close, to this tier of content. They totally just said that to catch the eye of every raider ,it is nothing like ulduars size