Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    "Epic gems will drop in the new raid (likely on Normal and Heroic only)." Sorry, that is hands down the best and funniest part. Sorry for all the people that have been stocking up on JC tokens for months now just to get....close to nothing (I'm sure they'll add something new to buy with tokens...they have to...)
    They didn't say that was for the recipes though. I also doubt they'll make the epic gem recipes purely a random drop. Now that doesn't mean extra JC tokens will be worth anything since they could also add in a new JC vender that is tied a new raid rep faction.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    ROFL @ pyrite ore stackers
    I think I have all of like 4 stacks in my bank - I'm honestly just annoyed that they way it sounds gems are only obtainable through raiding, which is something I rarely do. I have a jewelcrafter and three alchemists, it would be nice to be able to transmute gems and actually cut gems on this toons that have a maxed level profession and should be able to. Not to mention if this does end up being the only way gems are available it's going to completely skew the market. Have fun paying insane prices for gems.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Why? Really? It's like saying you'd rather eat 10 not so good meals instead of 7 delicious meals? Or watch 10 boring movies rather than watch 7 epic movies.
    Well maybe you do, but majority of people would rather have quality than quantity.
    except with blizzard it's more like this.
    You get to 'enjoy' 7 boring encounters instead of 10 boring encouters, Ow yeah it's better this way, i wish they just end this xpack now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Same. My group is:

Warrior
    Warrior
    Priest
    Druid
    Warlock
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Shaman
    Death Knight
    Paladin

Our bench is:

Priest
    Paladin
    Mage
    PUG Hunter

14 players, 0 rogues. All right, we have a owrthless legendary to never bother with. The REAL issue I have is that our moron warrior tank who is already a lazy turd will quit tanking, make the DK who hates tanking tank, then force his PvP rogue who he probably can't raid with into the raid so he can get the legendary once we have certain bosses on farm.

They talk about bringing the player not the class? This ruins that worse than anything before. Scrubs will reroll bad rogues and bitch and moan to raid with them for the sweet orange weapons.
    that's the point for the legendary. make rogues more popular. most raiding guilds I see rogues are pvp and not needed for raids, or for some reason they simply don't raid as much. when a guild can say "but we don't have any rogues in our raid, we don't even have rogues in our guild!" worse if the raid is 25 man and has no rogues. you know the class is being neglected by players. its understandable that players would rather play a ranged in firelands, especially mage or hunter. a lot of the rogue mechanics were also being neglected by blizzard, such as lockpicking, disarm traps, pickpocketing, and stealth in pve.

I've noticed blizzard likes to aim for balance if possible, so if one class, which should be 1/10 of the population, makes up 30% of the population, that seems to be a problem. why not support a less played class and make it popular again, in an effort towards equality. it doesn't make sense to me that rogues are neglected by players for whatever reason, and therefore should be neglected by designers. in that case why not just remove the class if not going to fix it, mostly popularity and playability.

Quote Originally Posted by Findme View Post
    I guess 70% of the guild aren't even able to obtain the legendary dagger, so who cares?
    Well, not that I think it's a big deal, I was just saying I agree with the person I quoted and said that I don't like how this might start causing people to QQ rushed alts into raids for the daggers.

I'm fine if they want a narrow area of use for a legendary--that's its purpose. What I don't like is going out on a limb and giving it to possibly the least-played DPS class for raiding in the game, since it could result in a flooding of bad rogues, which will suck for those who have to put up with it.

My guess is rogues weren't good enoguh to people in this tier, so they grabbed alts (probably legendary caster alts), and now they'll go back for the new orange.

I'm a hunter. I wish a new hunter legendary was out. I wasn't with WoW when whatever it was dropped, but at the end of the day, it doesn't bother me much. Having a legendary will just mean people say you suck and your DPS is all legendary-based, not skill-based. Also, it's not like I can't play my role just fine with what the raids drop for me otherwise. LEgendaries are neat and all, but at the end of the day, they get replaced within 6 months and are just bank fodder and fond memories, so screw the bellyaching.

I just hope we don't lose a tank becauase this fruit wants to force us to carry his rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    I wasn't aware that ranged rogues topped meters in TBC.
    STATSTICK, yeah a lot of rogue's got it just to get 2 extra agi and an extra crit, yeah hunter didn't really need it that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC buff for melee only, go.

NAO GIEEEF PTR. And gz to the rogues out there. Hope the legendaries will shine like the warglaives

Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    that's the point for the legendary. make rogues more popular. most raiding guilds I see rogues are pvp and not needed for raids, or for some reason they simply don't raid as much. when a guild can say "but we don't have any rogues in our raid, we don't even have rogues in our guild!" worse if the raid is 25 man and has no rogues. you know the class is being neglected by players. its understandable that players would rather play a ranged in firelands, especially mage or hunter. a lot of the rogue mechanics were also being neglected by blizzard, such as lockpicking, disarm traps, pickpocketing, and stealth in pve.

I've noticed blizzard likes to aim for balance if possible, so if one class, which should be 1/10 of the population, makes up 30% of the population, that seems to be a problem. why not support a less played class and make it popular again, in an effort towards equality. it doesn't make sense to me that rogues are neglected by players for whatever reason, and therefore should be neglected by designers. in that case why not just remove the class if not going to fix it, mostly popularity and playability.
    Yeah that's a good idea Blizzard force people to play a broken class that they don't want to play. A single classlegendary is just bad for any 10 man raid out there.
    This i sjust stupid, worst decision blizz has even made.

Deleted
    I agree that making a Legendary for a single class (A pure DPS class, no less) is absolutely freaking rediculous. But then again, this is Blizzard we're talking about. They literally know jack crap of what is or isn't good for the game. Their massive subscriber loss only supports this fact.As for the not making true on their promises... Again, this is Blizzard we're talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Unless you count the bow, we haven’t done any class specific legendaries to this extent before"
    I'm not really sure what he's trying to say there, so I may have this all wrong, but is he implying that Thori'dal was class specific? Because it's the only legendary that doesn't have a class requirement on it.

Sheesh Kebabs, GC is just an idiot.Poor, poor rogues needs some love!!!!!! has he been involved with WoW all of this time... they have had 3 legendaries, and more PVP love than all classes bar Mages... this season with smoke bomb and self healing.... It was a great opportunity to produce one for Enhance - and GC you have shafted enhance since fking vanilla - poor poor rogues.... I guess at least he has made me laugh this morning.......

"No, the enchants won’t go over. You’ll have to enchant the weapon the same way you would a non-transmogrified weapon."Yes! We get to chose what our enchants will look like!

So players who play through the Cataclysm quests in the Badlands will remember a questline around this uncorrupted black dragon egg. It was free of the taint of the Old Gods. So what is going to happen is that black dragon egg eventually hatches and there is a black dragon prince who is pure – he’s not a minion of Deathwing; he’s not corrupted by the Old Gods. But that doesn’t mean he is necessarily a good guy. He’s kind of out for himself, he’s kind of got his own agenda, and to bring his plans to fruition he contacts the Rogue because Rogues are a little shady, always working in the shadows, always playing a number of games and has other things going on. The black dragon prince reaches out to the Rogue character and says “If you help me out, I’ll reward you with these increasingly more powerful daggers”.
    What the **** did I just read here? What?

What.

=|

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I hope dragon's soul power won't corrupt thrall after we kill deathwing. That would be nasty suprise. Also the fact that final tier have only 8 bosses is kinda sad, they could do so much more about DW lore to make 2 raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post

I agree that the end result is likely that. But what the hell good is it when all the game becomes is, "rotate your DPS to whichever class has the legendary?" It's not a matter of making the class better or fun. It's people want more legendaries, so they class hop with alts and play it out for a patch or two until the next legendary arrives. It's not going to make rogues a better class. They'll be tossed aside when the next DPS legendary comes out, if that's what it is.

They SHOULD focus more on making the SPEC better. Most classes have a certain spec, no? I'd say 75%+ of raiding hunters are MM. Would making a hunter legendary that boosts pets so BM is more popular fix it? No, becuase in a couple of months, it'll be back to sucking at DPS because the CLASS is broken.

An OP weapon for the class is just a stall tactic so they don't have to fix the REAL issues until the next expansion, if they even do it then. In fact, I wonder if that's the whole reason rogues are getting a specific legendary--to give them an OP weapon to make up for Blizzard's laziness and unwillingness to fix the class in a proper manner.

Below you will find the history of Blizzard from the end of Wrath to now.

End of WotLK

Blizzard: Homogenize buffs so that groups have the ability to "Bring the player, and not the class."
    Ghostcrawler: Bring the player, not the class eh? Sounds like a good idea.

Cataclysm releases.

Tier 11

Blizzard: Melee classes feel sad!
    Ghostcrawler: We'll give a legendary to casters classes!

Tier 12

Blizzard: Why again did we give the legendary to casters?
    Ghostcrawler: Because the melee classes felt sad!
    Blizzard: But rogues feel sad!
    Ghostcrawler: We'll give them a legendary!
    Blizzard: Great idea! We'll completely scrap our previous philosophy on homogenization and require everyone to bring rogues!
    Ghostcrawler: Whoa, man you said lots of words there.

Tier 13 (Future)

Blizzard: Wow, that didn't go over well.
    Ghostcrawler: Where'd all the subscribers go?
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2011-09-19 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Came out as a wall of text, now fixed.

"Giving them yet another new legendary is like spitting in the face of all the other classes that havent had one yet. Especially feral which never had anything legendary available.." "You speak the truth! Though i'd add enhancers to that list, they never had anything either. " to both of you, Sulfuras was useable by both feral and enhancement, less so by feral by, but still it was. i don't play rogue and am not excited to see them get yet another legendary, but folks need to stop the whole "this spec never got a legendary" argument.

What a generic lame pile of shit.

The rogue only dagger is also retarded, we don't even have a rogue atm. oO ummm perhaps just making a melee dps weapon that can be "chosen of which type to make" I dunno.. or even some mace for the enhance shammys? (don't have one of those either btw)

And WTF is with this LFR? thats got to be the only thing I can think of that's worse than chewing tinfoil.

Congrats Greg Street at doing a shit job the last 3 years. WTB tigole and kalgan back.
    "There is nothing more painful to me at this stage of my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery---then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved." ---Reverend Jesse Jackson, speaking at the PUSH convention in 1993.

"Socailism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy: its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    Yeah that's a good idea Blizzard force people to play a broken class that they don't want to play. A single classlegendary is just bad for any 10 man raid out there.
    This i sjust stupid, worst decision blizz has even made.
    I agree with this statement. Terrible people who can't play a rogue will grab herilooms, burn through leveling a rogue, then cry their way into raids, claiming to be good when they can't do anything right.

Then they'll get kicked for sucking, rage, then quit their guilds, leaving Stormwind to become a hobo town of rogues looking to get carried to a legendary.