Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Lol @ epic gems dropping in the raids Black Temple & Sunwell style, yay.

I am excited to be able to lvl alts even faster in NR now... oh wait I never leave the cities

15+ Year Old Account
    "Epic gems will drop in the new raid (likely on Normal and Heroic only)." Sorry, that is hands down the best and funniest part. Sorry for all the people that have been stocking up on JC tokens for months now just to get....close to nothing (I'm sure they'll add something new to buy with tokens...they have to...)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    ¨
    I think it's funny how some people don't realise that THIS IS PART OF THE REASON FOR THE ROGUE LEGENDARY.

The Deathwing fight seems really cool, and if they do it well it can easily become the coolest fight in the game so far. Excited about the whole patch in general, too!
    I think it's funny how you think it's good design to give a class a fancy looking weapon in order to convince players to play said class.

It not only contradicts their philosophy on compelling gameplay by saying "ohai we know we can't design rogues as a fun class, so here's a shiny orange weapon for ya!", but like everyone has already said, they straight reneged on their word to not design legendaries for a single class. Good show Blizz! You could probably achieve your goal of losing subs by just like randomly dc'ing players for the next few months til 4.3.

owait...

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    ¨
    I think it's funny how some people don't realise that THIS IS PART OF THE REASON FOR THE ROGUE LEGENDARY.

The Deathwing fight seems really cool, and if they do it well it can easily become the coolest fight in the game so far. Excited about the whole patch in general, too!
    So those people leveling the rogue go and get the daggers from a guild which has no rogues and as the next expansion comes and the new legendary comes (which is obviously for warriors, retribution paladins and DK's because Blizzard hates Feral's and Enhancements in the legendarybusiness) they change their character again because they are just hunting for legendarys.

Anyway, the patch itself sounds really cool and I am really looking forward to the raid. Gotta admit though that I am a bit disappointed as they decided not to make War of The Ancients a raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Truantxoxo View Post
    Didn't they say at the start of Cataclysm they wanted to release multiple raids per tier. 7 bosses is fairly disapointing and the rogue legendary is lame as they have already had on in the past where other classes/specs havent.
    Exactly, Content wise this expack wasn't worth it's money, we never had so less content in an entire expack, this is getting ridiculous ...

lol , alot of raging shamans in this thread haha.
    Also whats with people saying they dont have a rogue in the raid bla bla bla..well if you dont then no one actually gets to do it, its not like they will make the rest of you do the questline and at the end of it have 2 daggers sat there to be disenchanted lol if you aint got a rogue just forget about it move on and kill the bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many subs they are gonna lose in this patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    "Epic gems will drop in the new raid (likely on Normal and Heroic only)." Sorry, that is hands down the best and funniest part. Sorry for all the people that have been stocking up on JC tokens for months now just to get....close to nothing (I'm sure they'll add something new to buy with tokens...they have to...)
    It wouldn't make sense for you to be able to stack tokens for new epic recipes. Make new tokens, or even drop recipes in the raid. But the actual gems dropping? Bleh.

Yuck at them being happy with how the healing model turned out. Guess I'm going shadow, if I even bother to buy the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Same. My group is:

Warrior
    Warrior
    Priest
    Druid
    Warlock
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Shaman
    Death Knight
    Paladin

Our bench is:

Priest
    Paladin
    Mage
    PUG Hunter

14 players, 0 rogues. All right, we have a owrthless legendary to never bother with. The REAL issue I have is that our moron warrior tank who is already a lazy turd will quit tanking, make the DK who hates tanking tank, then force his PvP rogue who he probably can't raid with into the raid so he can get the legendary once we have certain bosses on farm.

They talk about bringing the player not the class? This ruins that worse than anything before. Scrubs will reroll bad rogues and bitch and moan to raid with them for the sweet orange weapons.
    I guess 70% of the guild aren't even able to obtain the legendary dagger, so who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    I wasn't aware that ranged rogues topped meters in TBC.
    It was BIS for rogue's at the time so yes they could use the hunter's bow at the time but hunters could not use the Warglaive's at the time. Poor Poor Rogue' sad that mage's had good dps so here you go dagger's feel better now?

My biggest concern is the raid wide buff there going to implement for balancing ranged/melee, I really hope blizz doesn't make a habit of this in later xpacs as a way of making even more ranged friendly tiers but bolstering melee with raid wide buffs, its incredibly lazy on there part and kinda makes you as a melee feel gimp in every way. I suspect the class feedbacks for development ideas for the next xpac so hopefully they can address some of the obvious imbalances between melee and ranged there.
    Also why wasn't the legendary a 1h axe with a agi and str version? Would have made considerably more sense as rogues could have used it, wars as SMF, dks and enhance shammies keeping everyone happy but they decided to take the decision that I expect will likely alienate people even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Haha, true enough, although I don't really see how it's hard to predict what effect certain buffs would have on damage, at least in PvE. Obviously they're more concerned with PvP. They should just scrap arena and balancing classes would be easy as pie.
    I could not agree more. It feels like the more they preach about balance, the WORSE balance seems to get. I realize this is just a game, but they are full of shit when they stick to things they can quantify as reasons for nerfs and such, and just pull shit out of their asses for other things.

For example, I can totally get behind their reasoning behind the nerfs. They had x% of players they hoped to see through at least normal, and possibly a y% through heroics. Those %s did not pan out, so they adjust difficulty to meet said quota. That makes logical sense to me.

"We thought that Rogues had maybe felt a little bit not special in this expansion with all the high damage numbers that were being done by classes like Mages."

Are you kidding me? Notice here how they reference a specific class. This statement has NOTHING to do with the legendary staff, because if that were so, they could have reference all the caster classes, so I wanna just get that out of the way. This is directly referencing a class with one of the top 3 damage specs in PVE so we're talking straight numbers. This is exactly saying "We can't figure out how to bring Rogues up to par, so lets just toss out a fancy meter stick and call it day."
    It's pathetic and deplorable.

I love how much Blizzard is causing these trolls to rage. I'd wager that probably 60-70% of these commenters don't even play the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Softique View Post
    I am kind of gutted that the two last tiers of Cataclysm only have/will have one raid in them though. I'd very much like to see at least 2 raids per tier.
    I agree. $40, same as Wrath. Wrath offered 10 levels, Naxx, Ulduar, OS, RS, Ony, Maly, ToC, 4-boss Vault, ICC, and a good chunk of dungeons to do. 3 raid tiers, plus 6 sub-tier raids. 9 raids total.

Cataclysm offered 5 levels, a broken LFD finder that essentially pigeonholed you into 2 dungeons unless you wanted to do twice the work for valor, what MIGHT be a 3-boss BH, Tot4W, BoT, BWD, FL, DW raid, and DW 5-mans, same as ICC got. 3 raid tiers, plus 3 extra raids (I consider BoT and Throne extra just because they were smaller raids, while calling BWD the MAIN tier raid for the sake of numbers). 6 raids total. Also an ending world event.

I don't get where the hell their planning went. There were talks of more smaller content patches, yet Wrath was the one to have the mini-raid events like OS, Maly, Ony, and RS. I like what Cata offered, but when you put it up against what was expected, it's somewhat of a big failure.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    Exactly, Content wise this expack wasn't worth it's money, we never had so less content in an entire expack, this is getting ridiculous ...
    The 3000+ quests 1-60 revamp want a word with you.

Dislike the short 80-85 but stop lying about the amount of content Cataclysm offered. It's by far the most of any expansion.

Deleted
    I hope your daggers take 8 months to collect @ 10man and 6 months @ 25 man then you can feel my paint what iam having atm...

Didn't they mention in the past that they don't particularly like class specific quests lines ala Benediction and Rhokdelar...but then throw in this little tid bit for rogues.
    Not that I mind rogues getting a legendary at all really (I don't play one for the record), but it just seems rather counter productive to make the legendary of a final raiding tier a single class only. You'd think they would want to include perhaps Enh shaman (I mean you ARE assisting Thrall throughout the majority of the quest lines in the patch) or ferals in some way.

The 5 mans do sound pretty interesting though. Just hope they don't burn out as fast as the ZA/ZG ones did.

ROFL @ pyrite ore stackers