Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulmoka View Post
    Didn't they mention in the past that they don't particularly like class specific quests lines ala Benediction and Rhokdelar...but then throw in this little tid bit for rogues.
    Not that I mind rogues getting a legendary at all really (I don't play one for the record), but it just seems rather counter productive to make the legendary of a final raiding tier a single class only. You'd think they would want to include perhaps Enh shaman (I mean you ARE assisting Thrall throughout the majority of the quest lines in the patch) or ferals in some way.

The 5 mans do sound pretty interesting though. Just hope they don't burn out as fast as the ZA/ZG ones did.
    So much for not wasting precious resources on class specific quests. In this case, this one is arguably a bigger waste than the lower level class quests because not everyone will be able to do this.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2011-09-19 at 09:23 AM.

Shiny Daggers.. Now I'm even more happy to have never switched away from my Rogue

There are couple of "meh" in this interview but I could not care less about them tbh. However the idea in which they want to "fix" melee class DPS is just outrageous. Seriously? A flat zone wide buff just for a specific type of class/spec? This just show how inept you are with trying to control your own game. Seriously, if some classes needs fixing then FIX them instead of just slapping a raw overall number buff. No matter if you are melee dps or ranged dps, this "feature" sucks balls big time.

Quote Originally Posted by shandala View Post
    Sure they revamped old content, but with a 7 year old game, the majority of the player base, a) didn't care because they focus on max level, b) didn't notice because when they level alts they ignore quest texts and just kill the stuff needed to get the xp to get to max level, or c) hated the revamped early levels because they like PvP and there wasn't even a smidgen of balance til max level.

Calling the 3000+ quests and revamped/remodeled old world content is completely ignoring what most WoW players play for...end game content.
    In the old leveling days, one might have actually seen all of the new quests on one character. Today, you'll be lucky if you complete all of the ones in one leveling quest stream before they grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    My brothers and sisters of the rogue brother hood, the time is upon us. We have our legendary daggers confirmed from within; Let loose havoc and flow within the tears of around you.

Oh man and it's not even a DPS loss going combat

Amazing, simply amazing.

Lets begin!
    it not being a dps loss for mut v. combat is the coolest story ever told unless they pull some sort of buff to combat daggers out of their ass

Deleted
    We need more legendary mounts!

Let's see now... here's a list of legendary items that were designed for use by certain classes at that period of current content, There will be some QQ about paladins and thunderfury but it was normal to see paladins running around with brutality blade... they DID have a spec for it, even if it wasn't great, Hunters were also on the list for thunderfury but only as a stat stick... we didn't have the spec or any real reason to hold it.. Paladin - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, Val'anyr, Shadowmourne Death Knight - Shadowmourne (they can get past ones, but they're only an expansion old... saying they deserve another one already would be silly) Mage - Atiesh, Dragonwrath Warlock - Atiesh, Dragonwrath Druid - Atiesh, Dragonwrath, Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr Shaman - Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr, Dragonwrath Warriors - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, 2x Warblades, Shadowmourne, Thori'dal Rogue - Thunderfury, 2x Warglaives, Thori'dal (Yes, it was very common to see a rogue or warrior with it, as it was a rare drop and hunters weren't always brought in) Hunter - Thori'dal, Thunderfury (as above, only because we were on the list to be able to equip it) Hunters had a bow that was a rare drop, off a boss unkillable by 90% of raiders at the time, with an ability to generate it's own ammo, which was amazing until that whole 'feature' was removed a few pathes later Rogues have had access to legendaries that made them gods, feared by fellow raiders or enemies in a bg, and yes, Warglaives were a rare drop, but you can't really put much of a quest line to them... they were held by illidan and dropped by illidan, they had enough lore behind them as well... Thori'dal was just a spur of the moment item to keep people happy in a last ditch effort raid to keep people playing before an expansion also to feral druids, YES, poor you... you don't have a legendary for your specific spec... you play a class that can do all 4 roles effectively, and have 4 legendaries DESIGNED for your class, You had the option to hit the respec button and be useful, you could even use your cat gear in bear or healing gear as a boomkin until you fixed bits and pieces of gear, Hunters have 3 ranged DPS specs.. rerolling an entire class isn't as easy as that and watch all of the children here argue "OMG EVERYTHING HUNTARD ITEM"... that was a joke... a meme... It's bad enough hunters are still not at the top of the needs list for a fight that requires some special element like an interrupt... or fights that require stacking (you seem to have fixed the hit box on some fights, at the cost of my pet running off into lava or standing there doing nothing. sincerely, VeryJelly hunter

Also about the melee buff thing. Some melee classes perform better from others. So if you slap the raw buff on all melee just becouse they are melee, you are going to create a few abominations in the process of fixing few others specs. GG Blizz, seriously GG. /golfclap

Let's see now...
    here's a list of legendary items that were designed for use by certain classes at that period of current content, There will be some QQ about paladins and thunderfury but it was normal to see paladins running around with brutality blade... they DID have a spec for it, even if it wasn't great, Hunters were also on the list for thunderfury but only as a stat stick... we didn't have the spec or any real reason to hold it..

Paladin - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, Val'anyr, Shadowmourne
    Death Knight - Shadowmourne (they can get past ones, but they're only an expansion old... saying they deserve another one already would be silly)
    Mage - Atiesh, Dragonwrath
    Warlock - Atiesh, Dragonwrath
    Druid - Atiesh, Dragonwrath, Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr
    Shaman - Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr, Dragonwrath
    Warriors - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, 2x Warblades, Shadowmourne, Thori'dal
    Rogue - Thunderfury, 2x Warglaives, Thori'dal (Yes, it was very common to see a rogue or warrior with it, as it was a rare drop and hunters weren't always brought in)
    Hunter - Thori'dal, Thunderfury (as above, only because we were on the list to be able to equip it)

Hunters had a bow that was a rare drop, off a boss unkillable by 90% of raiders at the time, with an ability to generate it's own ammo, which was amazing until that whole 'feature' was removed a few pathes later

Rogues have had access to legendaries that made them gods, feared by fellow raiders or enemies in a bg, and yes, Warglaives were a rare drop, but you can't really put much of a quest line to them... they were held by illidan and dropped by illidan, they had enough lore behind them as well... Thori'dal was just a spur of the moment item to keep people happy in a last ditch effort raid to keep people playing before an expansion

also to feral druids, YES, poor you... you don't have a legendary for your specific spec... you play a class that can do all 4 roles effectively, and have 4 legendaries DESIGNED for your class, You had the option to hit the respec button and be useful, you could even use your cat gear in bear or healing gear as a boomkin until you fixed bits and pieces of gear, Hunters have 3 ranged DPS specs.. rerolling an entire class isn't as easy as that

and watch all of the children here argue "OMG EVERYTHING HUNTARD ITEM"... that was a joke... a meme...

It's bad enough hunters are still not at the top of the needs list for a fight that requires some special element like an interrupt... or fights that require stacking (you seem to have fixed the hit box on some fights, at the cost of my pet running off into lava or standing there doing nothing.

sincerely,
    VeryJelly hunter

Thanks Blizzard. Last time I checked other people (classes) help get rid of Crazy Blue Aspect not just Magic Range Classes. Everyone should had been involved Epic storyline with the Blue Flight choosing a new leader. Last time I checked, everyone was involved with helping the red dragon save the untainted Black flight dragon egg. Not just Rogues. It just really sucks that some of the great stories in this expansion are tied to a legendary weapon(s) I guess most of us will have to watch it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    He likes how the healing words?, resto shaman, though awesome in PvP, is often sat in PvE raids, because the other classes just have far more to bring (not buffs, but healing wise). Holy priests too are very bad, get those 2 specs on par with the others, and it'll be fine.
    I noticed how he worded it, raid geared healers are OK. They know in fact that until you get gear your going to have a helluva time. In other words, just like every other stupid move they make they try to fix it with gear instead of admitting their new idea just sucked.

I was really hoping for movement on this area because we lost the majority of our people over healing changes. When the healers went many too friends with them and it gutted the guild sufficiently many of us had no choice but move to one of the new consolidated guilds.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    AAAARGH it´s tanks turn now for god sake, rogue got warglavies and thunderfury wtf are they gonna get 2 more legendarys?? what the point of even being tankfirst its fucking boring. And to get more ppl to play it the made every encounter so that tanks just have to stand and spam their spells. Tanking nowdays is faceroll its boring as hell the only good part is that u are usually prio on the tier parts. So make a shield a mace i dont know not more rogue legendarys....

Deleted
    don't really get the melee buff thingy... rogues and warriors seem to do fine and besides feral and enhancement the others are okish too.suer we have to wait for the encounters however it seems like fury/combat will be over the top and and the others will still be worse than average.

Deleted
    is there any info if the epic gems will drop cut or where we will get the recipes for them?

Quote Originally Posted by psyxe View Post
    Let's see now...
    here's a list of legendary items that were designed for use by certain classes at that period of current content, There will be some QQ about paladins and thunderfury but it was normal to see paladins running around with brutality blade... they DID have a spec for it, even if it wasn't great, Hunters were also on the list for thunderfury but only as a stat stick... we didn't have the spec or any real reason to hold it..

Paladin - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, Val'anyr, Shadowmourne
    Death Knight - Shadowmourne (they can get past ones, but they're only an expansion old... saying they deserve another one already would be silly)
    Mage - Atiesh, Dragonwrath
    Warlock - Atiesh, Dragonwrath
    Druid - Atiesh, Dragonwrath, Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr
    Shaman - Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr, Dragonwrath
    Warriors - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, 2x Warblades, Shadowmourne, Thori'dal
    Rogue - Thunderfury, 2x Warglaives, Thori'dal (Yes, it was very common to see a rogue or warrior with it, as it was a rare drop and hunters weren't always brought in)
    Hunter - Thori'dal, Thunderfury (as above, only because we were on the list to be able to equip it)

Hunters had a bow that was a rare drop, off a boss unkillable by 90% of raiders at the time, with an ability to generate it's own ammo, which was amazing until that whole 'feature' was removed a few pathes later

Rogues have had access to legendaries that made them gods, feared by fellow raiders or enemies in a bg, and yes, Warglaives were a rare drop, but you can't really put much of a quest line to them... they were held by illidan and dropped by illidan, they had enough lore behind them as well... Thori'dal was just a spur of the moment item to keep people happy in a last ditch effort raid to keep people playing before an expansion

also to feral druids, YES, poor you... you don't have a legendary for your specific spec... you play a class that can do all 4 roles effectively, and have 4 legendaries DESIGNED for your class, You had the option to hit the respec button and be useful, you could even use your cat gear in bear or healing gear as a boomkin until you fixed bits and pieces of gear, Hunters have 3 ranged DPS specs.. rerolling an entire class isn't as easy as that

and watch all of the children here argue "OMG EVERYTHING HUNTARD ITEM"... that was a joke... a meme...

It's bad enough hunters are still not at the top of the needs list for a fight that requires some special element like an interrupt... or fights that require stacking (you seem to have fixed the hit box on some fights, at the cost of my pet running off into lava or standing there doing nothing.

sincerely,
    VeryJelly hunter
    You could have rerolled is just like you saying ferals should have respecced. Do you realize how stupid you sound. Not to mention you could have had a polearm/staff that both ferals and hunters could have used. There will more than likely never be another legendary bow again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So rather then fixing the issues melee classes are having in raids (and in PvP it's also the same issue of mobility), they would rather half ass things? Glad I quit, this is getting fucking stupid and just gives people more reason to quit the game. A class specific legendary is absolutely awful game design as well and these 5 mans seem like the most absolute piece of garbage ever conceived.

In a future patch, the next legenday will be a war drum only usable by Tauren Arms Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Healing: way to dodge admiting a mistake there.2) The melee buff, seriously, really? Is it that stinking difficult for the encounter devs to make content that's at least FAIR to melee specs? Apparently they're completely incompitent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    I hope they fire every single blizzard employee and forces them onto the street - I am thoroughly disgusted with them declaring "oh no, the poor rogues aren't having a good time we better give them daggers." It is completely sick they go "we can't do a tanking legendary so we'll make one to exclude enh shaman entirely who THEN WONT GET ONE BECAUSE ROGUES GOT YET ANOTHER ONE RECENTLY." I really don't know how Greg "ghostcrawler" Street sleeps at night if he has the conscience he claims to have.I'd like to see tanks just stop tanking heroics until the decision to give rogues another legendary (after the glaives and bow) so he can fully understand what a terrible decision this is.
    You know it's just a game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    1) Healing: way to dodge admiting a mistake there.2) The melee buff, seriously, really? Is it that stinking difficult for the encounter devs to make content that's at least FAIR to melee specs? Apparently they're completely incompitent.
    Oh the irony in this post.