Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanish View Post
    Demon soul != Dragon soul?
    Yes its the same thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they'll use it to supercharge the other aspects?

Or maybe during the trip to the future you are able to steal some of Deathwing's essence and then during the trip to the past you are able to implant that essence into the demon soul?
    During Day of the Dragon, Rhonin smashes the demon soul to return power to the other aspects and help them defeat Deathwing, perhaps, since this has already happened, recovering the demon soul from the war of the ancients (when it still held the powers of the aspects) and smashing it again would give the present aspects even more of their power, on top of their full amount? Although that would create a paradox as there would have been no demon soul to be smashed during day of the dragon, or even for Nekros to use against Alexstrasza for that matter.

Legendary for ONE class. GG. The capstone mistake in an expansion full of mistakes resulting in a big pile of poop.

As a ranged DPS I can say that I'm pretty disappointed that this next legendary isn't a TANK legendary. It should be obvious to anyone that it's "their turn."

And I love the cop out that you can't have a tanking weapon because of differnt class tanking styles. Get real. I mean, NEVER in the history of this game have they ever had an item obtained through a drop + quest chain that was finally crafted into differnet possible items depending on your class (and spec). Yeah right.

Tough to balance? NO - if you know a warrior/paladin tank would be carrying a sheild then simply nerf the one hand version slightly to compensate from the stat values avaialbe on the avg T13 sheild.

But what can you expect from a development team that has become devoid of all creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Legendary for ONE class. GG. The capstone mistake in an expansion full of mistakes resulting in a big pile of poop.

As a ranged DPS I can say that I'm pretty disappointed that this next legendary isn't a TANK legendary. It should be obvious to anyone that it's "their turn."

And I love the cop out that you can't have a tanking weapon because of differnt class tanking styles. Get real. I mean, NEVER in the history of this game have they ever had an item obtained through a drop + quest chain that was finally crafted into differnet possible items depending on your class (and spec). Yeah right.

Tough to balance? NO - if you know a warrior/paladin tank would be carrying a sheild then simply nerf the one hand version slightly to compensate from the stat values avaialbe on the avg T13 sheild.

But what can you expect from a development team that has become devoid of all creativity.
    Really I just want to see you praise how cataclysm is was good when the next xpac hit , and how the new xpac is so full of shit, common its only a legendary get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    Wait, wait, wait they are buffing melee in the new raid? What the hell, that makes no sense to me at all. Those fights better favor ranged heavily then.
    Almost every single boss in Cataclysm has heavily favoured ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    This is just swell . Basicly this makes Cataclysm the worst expansion in the entire universe. Aren't 7 bosses too much Greg? Maybe... you know... Raids shouldn't have the same amount of bosses as bigger 5mans, don't you think?
    I guess you're the kind of guy who prefers quantity over quality.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Must be playing with Shammies and Priests that have no idea how to play their classes, then. I mean, seriously, I've gotten the hang of what spec and spells I have to use to make resto successful, and I'm sure that many would see that, with enough attention given to see just how resto works, that they can be one of the best healing specs in the game (with being able to even save a player from certain death, for example). Never played a priest, so I can't say anything there other than perhaps the problems lie with the players, not the class/spec as a whole!
    I play my shammy quite fine, that's not the problem, but when a paladin/druid who can just go in and trivialize content with same level of gear/skill in healing, i then think something is wrong. NS + GHW can only be done once every few minutes.

We thought that Rogues had maybe felt a little bit not special in this expansion with all the high damage numbers that were being done by classes like Mages. We thought it was just the right opportunity to make them shine and feel kind of special.
    This is the part I have a big problems with. By that theory paladins should have a pile of legendaries by now. And when they say rogues didn't have anything. How about those Twinblades of Azzinoth. Or even better, that legendary bow rogues were able to snach from hunters. Most people would say that that weapon should be only for hunters.It is not that I am not happy for rogues. But come on, there probably had to be some sort of weapon that would please more than just one class, even if it is 3 specs.

On more important note:
    Doomhammer got itself nice redesign. To actualy reflect how it looks in the books.
    Last edited by Astalnar; 2011-09-19 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Murozond... I knew Nozdormu went evil.

7 boss?!! 7?!! Holy crap. Release of D3 is still planned for 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Really I just want to see you praise how cataclysm is was good when the next xpac hit , and how the new xpac is so full of shit, common its only a legendary get over it.
    Actually, I thought BC was awesome in BC and I pretty much enjoyed LK during LK....so you should get over trying to pigeon hole people. And really, unless you're a rogue drooling over a legendary you'll have almost no competition for - how can you justify their decision?

Deleted
    Is that tentacle dude N'zoth?

15+ Year Old Account
    Really don't like the epic gems being RNG. Some people will likely get screwed and never be able to even halfway gem all their BiS gear with epic gems. Make sure you don't use up your epic gems on a small upgrade because that would be a huge waste.

Quote Originally Posted by yourpalsean View Post
    Please. It just means it will take a little extra time for the auction house to be flooded with them.
    Read Ghostcrawler's exact word: "It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems."

He said it'll take ~4 months to acquire 8-12 red epic gems (range of BiS' for DPS specs) through your own boss geodes. So unless you pool and trade amongst your guild/friends or purchase any, it will take you until 5.0 is almost live to finish gemming your gear. And that's also assuming you didn't spend ANY on non-BiS gear.

So 20 weeks x 8 bosses (geodes) a week gives you 160 geodes. 6 epic gems + 6 blue were said to have a chance to come from a geode. That'd put red epic gems at about a 13% chance per geode.

Yes I know GC was probably talking about middle-of-the-road guilds or maybe even just above that. And yes I know I shouldn't take his obvious generalization as canon. My overall point being that "it will take a little extra time for the auction house to be flooded with them" isn't something you thought about before posting.

There are hundreds of people per faction per server that have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of pyrite, elementium and prisms stocked up. I'm glad they are doing this instead of putting epic gems in ore/prisms/etc even though I'm one of those people. There'd be an endless supply of epic gems from day 1 until Heroic Deathwing. How derp would that be?

Grats Blizz on choosing to make something with the label "Epic" on it stop feeling common, just please don't stop there.
    Last edited by Kzilla; 2011-09-19 at 03:19 PM.
    Oswald was over hit cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    im sick of thrall (went from interesting into a love sap) and the well of eternity looks really small than I imagined. other than that looks cool

Deleted
    Does Ysera's dragon form look a bit....chubby to anyone else? Nom nom noming on them donuts eh?

Extremely excited for this patch!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Uhhh content is content.

Make the argument that end-game content is lacking, to which I would agree, but claiming that there has been less content (implying overall) than any other expansion is just false from an objective point of view.
    Seeing as they are LOSING, not GAINING subscribers, I'd say that's not really a good thing. Yes, it makes alts easier to get to 85 and more accessible to some like myself who hate leveling, but when end-game is the thing pople play to achieve (questing is not the end goal), it's bad when you fix the questing at the expense of a good deal of end-game content.

It all sounds good, bar... Rogue only legendaries? Huh. Guess it was too hard to design a one handed axe that Rogues, Enhancement Shaman and Hunters could all use? Only two encounter phases for Deathwing? Boo. Was expecting more! :P Was pretty much what I imagined though. Ysera looks cool. Glad she's finally got her own model. Hopefully Noz gets the love too. 5 Mans seem cool. Would have liked a bigger final raid, but if the encounters are well designed I won't complain. And no T13 from Valour? Explains why we're getting Firelands nerfs. Hopefully some new currency will drop in Dragon's Soul so we don't have to rely solely on armour tokens.

Rather disappointed by the very small amount of bosses... They better make the Looking for Raid loot worst than normal Firelands, I have no desire to queue for that in order to upgrade my gear for the new raid itself. I mean, why the f*** are we gearing up if some random raid thing will upgrade all our heroic loots in the first week.