Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    Games present challenges, which many actually consider one of the more compelling aspects to them. When a challenge is defeated in a game, the player is typically rewarded for their accomplishment. Simply purchasing a game/game time entitles you to nothing more than the opportunity to access everything available within that world. From there, the game is what you make of it. The recurring issue is that, more and more, players are wanting something for nothing. A perfect example of this is obtaining Tier gear while not raiding.

I would ask that someone explain the logic of why a player is able to obtain Tier 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12 gear and has never stepped into the raid instance from which the gear corresponds, but there is no logic in that. For Tiers 1 through 6.5, World of WarCraft functioned logically -- If you wanted raiding gear, you raided. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, certain pieces were now offered from vendors for points obtained via raiding (Tier 7 and Tier 8). When Tier 9 was released, any recognizable feature of how raiding gear was obtained was undone. If you spent enough time grinding Emblems/points from 5-player dungeons, you would eventually receive the latest Tier gear without ever having stepped foot into the content for which those armor sets were built.

Ironically enough, the truly talented players of this game spend less time on it overall than players who play "casually", yet they are geared to the teeth. So, to answer your question, World of WarCraft is what you make of it, but there are varying levels of content built for a variety of the eclectic set of gamers who frequent it. Each of our dollars are not more important than anyone else's, and there is content geared towards a multitude of play styles. Enjoy what suits you, but don't expect more for doing the bare minimum.
    Isle of QD Welfare Epics say hai2u Mr. BC. Also arena sets that looked like tier.

So does that screenshot mean we will be fighting Illidan again? Woot...

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I guess having the quests send you to the new quest giver 2 feet away and holding your hand by taking you to the quest items is a good thing for you, I am not here to say its not, but its a joke to me.
    Hell, they should put a magic sparkly line that goes from you leading to the quest items next I guess like in other games... to insure you not only dont have to read the quest text but that you can not even move off the most optimum route to get the quest complete. How dare they allow you to run around the wrong side of the mountain to get at the eggs and waste 13 seconds of your leveling time!!! Bastards at blizz!

I will send a strongly worded email to them for you sir... closing our eyes and letting our toons level themselves must be put in the game or we will all quit!!! Got cha dog! I will send this immediately in the hopes of making your 1-60 (and hopefully 60-70) experience much more enjoyable by allowing you to alt tab out and level still!
    Are you completely retarded? I never said the old Vanilla content was hard. Just it was so god damn mind numbingly boring! Weren't games created to have "fun"? What's fun about walking half way across the zone and farming mobs that have a low chance to drop your damned quest item. Waiting for respawns once you cleared out the area. Running alllll the way back to the quest giver only to have the asshole send you back to that area to gather something else? I had more fun watching paint dry!
    Furthermore, shove that sarcastic attitude up your ass, dickcheese!

"Tier 13 will not be available at all from valor points." wait wut? Tier 13 is going to be all drops then?

Where is that even coming from? I don't see that in the interview.

On second thought, this patch is a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

I mean think about it, in how many different, and slightly condescending, ways has that moron told us that he knows what's good for the game better than the players do? Think about it. And yet it seems like every time he re-asserts his "mastery" over the player base's interests, Blizzard loses subscriptions.

As it is now, I would wager that this pile of shit he calls a game is little more than something to pass the time with until the big MMOs come out, for most people. There is just nothing in the genre worth playing. It's not that this game is good. It's that it's better than the other choices. The hobo who finds a half-eaten Big Mac in the trash didn't just find a 5 star dinner, but it sure as hell looks like one compared to eating his own shit 7 days a week. This game has become the half-eaten Big Mac.

Argue/disagree with me all you like. You can't deny there is a trend happening here, whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    Isle of QD Welfare Epics say hai2u Mr. BC. Also arena sets that looked like tier.
    "Welfare Epics"/Badges were introduced in Burning Crusade. Correct.

This discussion was about Tier gear, however. Arena Sets = Same model, different skin. Still a poor design philosophy, but Arena was in its fledgeling stages at this point so Blizzard needed something to attract players.
    Last edited by Xcruiser; 2011-09-19 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    So does that screenshot mean we will be fighting Illidan again? Woot...
    I'd rather take he's helping us, as he wasn't "Evil" at that time

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Ally Enhancement Shammy here *waves*
    Sry forgot, FU Blizzard, there is the Legendary for Hunters (BC), Tanks (Vanilla) and Shammy (Warth)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    "Welfare Epics"/Badges were introduced in Burning Crusade. Correct.

This discussion was about Tier gear, however. Arena Sets = Same model, different skin. Still a poor design philosophy, but Arena was in its fledgeling stages at this point so Blizzard needed something to attract players.
    Welfare epics were introduced by PvP and had to be copied into PvE as progression was so unbalanced.

Deleted
    Neaaaaaat!

Guess I'm more curious if VP drops off T13 raid still or not, or something else exclusive for something for that tier of raiding... Kind of wish they'd let the VP gear be BOE or BOA at least to gear some alts up quickly too

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Tank rotation changes that are related to survivability won't be in this expansion.

Does this mean the Death Knight tank changes that were discussed earlier will "NOT" be implemented?
    Last edited by Nexdominus; 2011-09-19 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a decent patch, I won't be coming back for it but it's definitely a massive step up from the fail they've been supplying since ICC dropped.

Deleted
    Why is Doomhammer so small?!

"Epic gems will drop in the new raid in Normal and Heroic only. " Jesus there isn't a tired old mechanic that they won't reuse. Fuck you Blizzard, so fucking tired of being penalized for not raiding.

Holy crap! All the complaining about a rogue in the escapist interview thread is actually carrying over here! Get over yourselves!Onto my actual post, I'm incredibly excited for this patch! This feels like an entire expansion in my eyes, i'm so grateful for it all. I'm the leader of my guilds 2nd core raid group, and as arogue, i'm going to push my group to exceptional limits for this raid. Looking for raid is a brilliant idea, and also fits into my schedule even better as well. It will also provide me to in a sense, train my group to know the fights and get slightly better gear to help us better prepare for the dungeon. With a great raid comp, this melee increase across the board will also be a fantastic boost.Blizzard, thank you for all your hard work in this patch

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Welfare epics were introduced by PvP and had to be copied into PvE as progression was so unbalanced.
    The only PvP Welfare Gear I remember predating the PvE welfare were the Grand Marshal items at the end of Classic. From there on in BC, PvP was generally an after-thought and arena received recolored models of PvE items. Badges of Justice were the only PvE currency of BC and were used to purchase low-end epics from the get-go in Burning Crusade, mid-level when ZA came out, and high-end when Sunwell was released.

That's how I remember it, anyway.

I am confused about the whole Demon Soul subplot...when Deathwing forged it way back 10k years ago, he imbued it with essences of every creature on Azeroth besides himself, so he is immune to any effects it may have. So unless there's some wacky new way to use it or power up something else, I really don't get why we'd want to go back in time to steal one of his deadliest creations; what if he just decides to come on over and pry it from our charred corpses, then use it to end the world regardless? I don't really get why he's dead in his own future he helped bring about either, guess his Old God masters decided they had no further use for him or something and decided he made a nice decorative...star on top of Wyrmrest or something (Ysera's dragon form also looks rather stupid imo, what's with the sailor moon star?).

I don't really get the rogue storyline behind the legendary questing as well, I mean I haven't done any of the quests personally (in fact, I'm willing to bet most players with rogues will feel a disconnect here since I bet a lot never bothered going back to do some new lowbie quest in Badlands), but from reading through their background on them, I find it highly stupid the game claims only 1 uncorrupted black dragon in the entire universe...oh well whatever, their lore's really beginning to become lol anyways, just give me my legendaries and I'll ignore the text.

Finally, I dislike the cop out with a melee-centric buff (would much rather they suck it up and fix problems), but if it'll enable us to beat ranged on a more frequent basis, fine I'll live with it.

How is that fair? so Rogues have been QQ'ing that mages have higher dps... ok so we'll give them a legendary...

but there are some Classes that have never had a legendary that was usable with their class/spec like feral druids or Enh shammy. Rogues were on the warglaives, so it's not like they never had one they could use.

I actually had been excited that for once there would be a legendary that I could use... but no... again denied...

Why the hell would blizzard make something like this so limited? It's not fair to those of use who play and excell at our classes and love our spec... then to be told oh the new legendary it's something you could use... but we are making it class specific to a class that your not, have fun...

I'm sorry but this really is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    So wait lemme get this straight.

They're making a Legendary for ONE SINGLE DPS class, but usable amongst all of it specs. But they can't or won't make a tanking Legendary because not all tanks would be able to use it.

Hypocritical much Blizz?
    This is pretty much the same response everyone is saying. They say that if they did a polearm (hunters, cats, bears) then Bear tanks would be OP. However isnt that the whole point of making a legendary weapon? SURELY a polearm would benefit 3 classes and not only 1. On a side note, Mut rogues are the highest melee dps by a huge margin right now, I cant see why they actually need a legendary dagger. And not only does it only affect one class, but isn't it only two builds? And one of those is pvp. Since when Has blizz made a legendary for pvp?

I'm thinking too much in to this, and either way; I wont get it. Just seems crazy to make a legendary weapon for not only 1 class, but one build.